BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 21/04/2024

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I don't get the people bemoaning them getting a 7k allocation. Yes Waggott is a cock regardless but a full Darwen end hasn't done too much harm this season, Newcastle arguably our best home performance? A full Elland Road didn't seem to give them much of an edge at weekend either. Just seems like another reason to moan.

I disagree, sell out away ends are expected against "the big boys" and in theory is should give them an added advantage, most of the time they don't need it... and the fixture isn't crucial. Sheffield need it. It helped Preston and Lowe confirmed that. It can make a team talk very easy when there's 7,000 fans in the away end. A sensible CEO would avoid it in this type of fixture on the off chance it inspired the opponent to a win.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

more the fact he gave wednesday the whole stand then made it more difficult for the home fans to get a ticket,the prices are a farce as well for a crucial game,i don`t think he likes rovers fans at all

Season ticket so genuinely don't know, why is it more difficult to get a home ticket? 

Because Waggott spread his legs and encouraged every Sheffield Wednesday fan to come to Blackburn by extending the allocation until their was no more room in the stand. Consequence is more of them want in for their special day, as always.

• Like 1

They knew this was always going to be an important game weeks ago so weeks ago they could have said Sheff Wed 4.5k max and that's your lot.

Home fans from database only, then everyone knew what's what.

As said above giving them the whole end creates a massive 'got to be there' vibe and so more and more start trying to get tickets in the home sections or say they are turning up in town anyway regardless of no tickets.

Roll out the away fan red carpet again and create a more encouraging atmosphere for them in a vital game, rank stupidity.

• Like 4

On 14/04/2024 at 19:26, philipl said:

I believe Wednesday have sold their 7,000 so the home restriction is to prevent Wednesday infiltration.

That really would kick off with a 27,000 crowd (assuming Blackburn End upper remains closed) with another 7,000 from Sheffield spread around the home areas and some Rovers fans unable to get tickets...

As it is, it will be a rum do if we can't get 15,000 home fans for this one and a crowd of 22,000+.

Back to my boring a MUST NOT LOSE game but a draw pretty well secures Rovers finishing above Wednesday unless they can get a 17 goals swing in their favour in the last two matches...

We will be playing knowing the Huddersfield v Swansea and Rotherham v Birmingham results so we could be playing for a win that makes Championship football in 24/25 a certainty.

I do get why its a must not lose, but bigger picture, say we draw, probably seals safety, but that would still leave Eustace yet to win at home having played Sheff Wednesday, Plymouth and Millwall. It would be pretty depressing and wouldn't bode well for next season.

Talk of filling the side with as many big players as possible to stop them. We are playing at home to second bottom, a draw and we are still catchable, a win and we are safe. Anything but a win is a huge let down IMO. A draw helps us limp over the line but lets just impose ourselves on them, win a game that we should expect to win and start to plan for next season.

• Like 2

After winning arguably the hardest game of the season against Leeds, in true Rovers fashion I could see us losing this, especially when a win sees us safe and we are at home.

Time for Rovers to give the home fans something to cheer. Gotta win this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

They knew this was always going to be an important game weeks ago so weeks ago they could have said Sheff Wed 4.5k max and that's your lot.

Home fans from database only, then everyone knew what's what.

As said above giving them the whole end creates a massive 'got to be there' vibe and so more and more start trying to get tickets in the home sections or say they are turning up in town anyway regardless of no tickets.

Roll out the away fan red carpet again and create a more encouraging atmosphere for them in a vital game, rank stupidity.

I have been on Ewood with 4.5k and 7k fans in the away end.

The noise difference between the two isn't that much.

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I do get why its a must not lose, but bigger picture, say we draw, probably seals safety, but that would still leave Eustace yet to win at home having played Sheff Wednesday, Plymouth and Millwall. It would be pretty depressing and wouldn't bode well for next season.

Talk of filling the side with as many big players as possible to stop them. We are playing at home to second bottom, a draw and we are still catchable, a win and we are safe. Anything but a win is a huge let down IMO. A draw helps us limp over the line but lets just impose ourselves on them, win a game that we should expect to win and start to plan for next season.

A draw is a let down

A defeat could well be going down

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Nobody else in the country gives the away team 7000+ away tickets at the drop of a hat to make some extra money 

Apart from fake club MK Dons 

Why do Rovers?

Because the CEO is a fucking thick cunt.

• Like 1

Is he thick? He is if you think he is trying to act in the best long term interests of BRFC, but just happens to make bad decisions time after time. 

I’d say Waggott makes decisions for Waggott, and will be leaving here (at some point) very well compensated.. so who’s the fool?

Edited by Mattyblue

33 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Nobody else in the country gives the away team 7000+ away tickets at the drop of a hat to make some extra money 

Why do Rovers?

We've been doing it since the ground was built, all of a sudden its a problem?

I get the advantage of a big away support, but this isn't a Waggott directive, its been happening for decades.

The only time it hasn’t happened is in seasons we haven’t needed to due to huge amounts of ST holders - I.e 95/96, ‘Taking Back Ewood’ late 2000s era.

A ground that was built for a top PL side, not one with fans paying big prices in the second division year after year after a decade of farcical ownership. So of course we have a plethora of spare seats and as long as that remains the case I can’t see any regime not flogging the full end, easy cash.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, philipl said:

I have been on Ewood with 4.5k and 7k fans in the away end.

The noise difference between the two isn't that much.

Phil that's nonsense pal i sit in the JW upper nearest BBE and i can assure you it isn't like the 80's.

It's not really about a trade off with the singing as away fans particularly big city clubs always make a din when turning up in huge numbers.  My issue is this team both this season and last has shown the nerves and conceded poor goals down that end with certain players visibly affected by it.  Even last season Coventry to name another one, at times in the past its acted to spur on our players having a wall of contrasting noise at each end but the squad we run now i feel it can have the opposite effect.

Forget the Newcastle game it was a nothing to lose cup tie but when the pressure is on at home we tend to buckle too often these days.

Hopefully our lads are getting more used to it so know what to expect and all the nerves are in the Sheffield end as that can transmit to their team as well.

Edited by tomphil

41 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Apart from fake club MK Dons 

Why do Rovers?

Why wouldn't you?  Football is a business and if 7,000 people want to give Rovers 30 quid we are no position not to take it.  If the argument is that the players will be impacted by it then I really don't buy that argument - the Leeds, Sunderland and Newcastle games would suggest they are more than capable of handling it.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Didn’t we lose all those games?

I thought we won at Sunderland and Leeds and Newcastle was one of our best performances.  I know we lost under JDT to Sunderland and Leeds at home but I was referring to more recent events. 

I'm pretty certain restricting Bumley to just 2k last season went a fair way to helping us not get hammered. Yes we lost to a worldie strike but for the most part we matched them and they weren't kicking into thousands of fans roaring them on.

It was like there were no away fans there.

Anyway it's done now but as far as i'm concerned it sends out the wrong message and absolutely hands extra motivation to the visiting side which is plain stupid when stakes are so high.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh I thought we were talking about the impact of big away supports at Ewood.

So what you are saying is that our players can't perform if there are 7,000 visiting fans at Ewood.  However, they can perform in front of 30 odd thousand home fans at Leeds and 40 odd thousand home fans at Sunderland.   I'm not sure I follow that argument.  At the end of the day we won't agree on this.  For me we need the cash and in the 60 odd years I've supported the club the number of visiting away fans has never really seemed an issue.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Why wouldn't you?  Football is a business and if 7,000 people want to give Rovers 30 quid we are no position not to take it.  If the argument is that the players will be impacted by it then I really don't buy that argument - the Leeds, Sunderland and Newcastle games would suggest they are more than capable of handling it.

'Football is a business' has led us to having the most expensive season tickets in the division and with it stagnation on attendances.

All delivered by people who have no idea what they are doing and no regard for the long term consequences, all in the name of increasing revenues but in the longer run is clearly doing significant damage to our attendances and with it future health as a club.

We are one of a very small number to have had no growth in the last decade. Local rivals have drastically increased their numbers.

Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture than just an immediate cash boost.

As I said last week, where would you draw the line?

We usually gey 10,000 ish home fans on. So if the away club asked for 20,000 tickets and we were able to give them that with no police objections and condense all the home support into the Jack Walker stand, be outnumbered 2:1 at Ewood,

You'd support that because we'd make more money off it?

14 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I don't get the people bemoaning them getting a 7k allocation. Yes Waggott is a cock regardless but a full Darwen end hasn't done too much harm this season, Newcastle arguably our best home performance? A full Elland Road didn't seem to give them much of an edge at weekend either. Just seems like another reason to moan.

Completely agree.

At the low level I played the biggest crowd was about 2,000 and the lowest was a man out walking his dog.

I know which I preferred, the more the merrier.

Sammie will enjoy scoring at the Darwen End and hushing up 7,000

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1