BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 21/04/2024

I believe Wednesday have sold their 7,000 so the home restriction is to prevent Wednesday infiltration.

That really would kick off with a 27,000 crowd (assuming Blackburn End upper remains closed) with another 7,000 from Sheffield spread around the home areas and some Rovers fans unable to get tickets...

As it is, it will be a rum do if we can't get 15,000 home fans for this one and a crowd of 22,000+.

Back to my boring a MUST NOT LOSE game but a draw pretty well secures Rovers finishing above Wednesday unless they can get a 17 goals swing in their favour in the last two matches...

We will be playing knowing the Huddersfield v Swansea and Rotherham v Birmingham results so we could be playing for a win that makes Championship football in 24/25 a certainty.

• Like 2

One thing I will say is that I bet dingles finding out Wednesday have got 7k will piss them off no end 🤣🤣👍

rovers 2 0 Wednesday safety guaranteed by 230 Sunday  along with a full day on piss I booked Monday off work thanks sky although your still 🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, philipl said:

We will be playing knowing the Huddersfield v Swansea and Rotherham v Birmingham results so we could be playing for a win that makes Championship football in 24/25 a certainty.

Huddersfield have to play Birmingham still, so a win next Sunday would make us safe regardless of results on the Saturday.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

• Backroom
4 hours ago, philipl said:

I believe Wednesday have sold their 7,000 so the home restriction is to prevent Wednesday infiltration.

That really would kick off with a 27,000 crowd (assuming Blackburn End upper remains closed) with another 7,000 from Sheffield spread around the home areas and some Rovers fans unable to get tickets...

As it is, it will be a rum do if we can't get 15,000 home fans for this one and a crowd of 22,000+.

Back to my boring a MUST NOT LOSE game but a draw pretty well secures Rovers finishing above Wednesday unless they can get a 17 goals swing in their favour in the last two matches...

Doesn’t matter how the results go on Saturday in terms of the maths, win Sunday and its mathematically impossible to be relegated 

As close to a must win game as it gets.  Big crowd expected, on TV all usually bodes well for a loss.  We do it time and time again.  Would love a bouncing Ewood to roar the lads onto an emphatic victory but I think it does not happen.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, USABlue said:

As close to a must win game as it gets.  Big crowd expected, on TV all usually bodes well for a loss.  We do it time and time again.  Would love a bouncing Ewood to roar the lads onto an emphatic victory but I think it does not happen.

I would say it is more of a must not lose game.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would say it is more of a must not lose game.

I have hated the must not lose games V Millwall and Plymouth, but after Saturday, I am fine with that, so long as it doesn't backfire and we lose.

I don't get the people bemoaning them getting a 7k allocation. Yes Waggott is a cock regardless but a full Darwen end hasn't done too much harm this season, Newcastle arguably our best home performance? A full Elland Road didn't seem to give them much of an edge at weekend either. Just seems like another reason to moan.

• Like 9

Having seen the "highlights" of Wednesday v Norwich, a back 5 and doing everything we can to avoid corners will be essential.

Norwich were worth more than their two goal lead but Wednesday scored two identical goals from corners with the 6 yard box packed with bodies. We will need all of Hyam, Carter, McFadzean and Gally in there to compete in this version of alehouse football.

15 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I don't get the people bemoaning them getting a 7k allocation. Yes Waggott is a cock regardless but a full Darwen end hasn't done too much harm this season, Newcastle arguably our best home performance? A full Elland Road didn't seem to give them much of an edge at weekend either. Just seems like another reason to moan.

Yeh agreed. 

45 minutes ago, philipl said:

Having seen the "highlights" of Wednesday v Norwich, a back 5 and doing everything we can to avoid corners will be essential.

Norwich were worth more than their two goal lead but Wednesday scored two identical goals from corners with the 6 yard box packed with bodies. We will need all of Hyam, Carter, McFadzean and Gally in there to compete in this version of alehouse football.

How about trying to take the game  to 23rd in the league at home?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philipl said:

But I would leave Dolan and Szmodics up top. Far more useful there and forces the opposition to leave players back.

Just the basics really.

• Like 4

Just now, Upside Down said:

But I would leave Dolan and Szmodics up top. Far more useful there and forces the opposition to leave players back.

Just the basics really.

You need one to pick up the Wednesday guy on the D but yes one to give an out ball and keep Wednesday "honest" keeping at least two back to prevent the break.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

more the fact he gave wednesday the whole stand then made it more difficult for the home fans to get a ticket,the prices are a farce as well for a crucial game,i don`t think he likes rovers fans at all

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Just the basics really.

I don’t know why teams don’t play like that. What use is Dolan defending a corner ? Get him on the half way line.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t know why teams don’t play like that. What use is Dolan defending a corner ? Get him on the half way line.

100%

Basic stuff really. For all the shit Dolan gets for being a fast but slow runner, I'd fancy him against any centre back chasing a ball that's been cleared up from a corner.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

him and szmodics are more a hinderence when it comes to defending put one of them on the half way line and the other in midfield

• Like 1