BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 21/04/2024

3 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Our marketing people stink.
The below is only an example:

if Rovers sold 20,000 tix at £10/each, they would make more money than selling 10,000 tix at £20/each. 

How?

20,000 would buy more kits, pies & pints. it would also be more likely to encourage fans in Rovers’ catchment area. Young, old, & families alike. 

Winning improves attendance. IMO, the club can’t reduce ticket prices to every single game. But they can drop prices to insure fans still want to attend to see “their team”, even if that team is not chasing promotion.
The club flubbed on this a long time ago, when they didn’t drop ticket prices on the final 2 or 3 home games, when it was obvious our fans were not going to see a promotion-chasing Rovers team this year. 

You've used a very small amount of effort and brain power there. The people who run this club possess neither of those things.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

Home Tickets sold so far (via the ticket map SVG);

Jack Walker - 5,573
BBE Lower - 4,432
Riverside - 2,055
Total - 12,060

We normally get a couple thousand walk-ons too, so factoring in that and the away support, it'll be an okay turnout overall.

Massive missed opportunity by Waggott though, could've near-filled the place had he dropped the prices right down a few weeks ago.

Wow 

Look what these lot have done to our attendance.

Walker would be devastated 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

mate is wed fan and we aint talked or texted or anything this week . Nervous as owt me  already.

We have a Wednesday season ticket holder in the family and many of our close friends group are fans. I’m just trying to decide what I post in our WhatsApp group to get them going 😃

The 7-2 win or Semi final win in our league cup winning season 🤔

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Our marketing people stink.
The below is only an example:

if Rovers sold 20,000 tix at £10/each, they would make more money than selling 10,000 tix at £20/each. 

How?

20,000 would buy more kits, pies & pints. it would also be more likely to encourage fans in Rovers’ catchment area. Young, old, & families alike. 

Winning improves attendance. IMO, the club can’t reduce ticket prices to every single game. But they can drop prices to insure fans still want to attend to see “their team”, even if that team is not chasing promotion.
The club flubbed on this a long time ago, when they didn’t drop ticket prices on the final 2 or 3 home games, when it was obvious our fans were not going to see a promotion-chasing Rovers team this year. 

Waggot is a lazy bastard and just uses examples like PNE who did an ST deal that boosted their ST base overnight from about 8k to 12k yet despite higher gates overall their ticket income was a bit less than ours.

He failed to address the extra added income from everything else to balance it out plus the fact he was able to fleece a few larger away followings here than Preston were able to accommodate.  I've often said the guy should be a politician because he has spin prepared for everything or 'we'll look into it' which means it's now in the bin.

The whole point is fan re-engagement and boosting the gates and there is no other way of doing it in these areas without being a top challenging side or being in the Prem.  It's the same for every club in the Lancashire area so at some point you might have to take a slight hit in income and try and make it up elsewhere in order to get a quick boost in numbers.

Games like this one though are what Waggots policy thrives on, guaranteed full end from big city club, same regulars and 10k empty seats in home sections.

Lazy bastard.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 6

This is Swag’s no risk, lowest common denominator approach to hitting targets, he cares little for the longer term health of the fanbase as why would he as a non-fan, hired hand in his late 60s? The long term health of Swag’s finances only matters at this stage of his career.

Another CEO may have a totally different view in how to hit said targets. So until he fecks off I’ve stopped even thinking about how we could get out of this commercial rut. A club in suspended animation on and off the pitch.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav said:

We have a Wednesday season ticket holder in the family and many of our close friends group are fans. I’m just trying to decide what I post in our WhatsApp group to get them going 😃

How do they feel about Paul Warhurst?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

How do they feel about Paul Warhurst?

The answer, "He beat you (Rovers) on his own in the semi-final at Ewood back in early 90's"!

😭

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I ain't jinxy catting anything 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

The club have essentially trapped themselves on ticketing due to their high season ticket prices.

Gradually increasing season ticket pricing to a point where we have one of the highest starting adult prices, despite the greatest number of spare seats, one of the least affluent and most competitive areas in the country, before we get on to the other nonsense that goes on here under these owners.

this is only going to get even more problematic with increased Sky coverage, dodgy sticks, red button, less 3pm Saturday games.

Not only does this all put many people off buying a season ticket in the first place, but also it prevents the club, or seriously restricts it, in offering 'cheap' matchday tickets on a regular basis, as to do so would effectively undercut or wipe out the price benefit of being a season ticket holder.

This effectively means that we've got little alternative but to keep prices high to ensure season ticket holders still get 'value' for their money.

Ultimately it means we will be stuck in a rut as you aren't going to get massive numbers of people paying £25+ to watch Championship basement battles, especially not on Sunday lunchtime, Tuesday night etc.

There is a solution. Radically rethink the season ticket offering particularly on pricing and go down the route of Bolton and Preston. This doesn't mean just cut prices and sit back and wait for people to come. It means coming up with a marketing plan. It  means getting them on sale early. It means pushing them in areas, communities, clubs, schools, way above and beyond the current 'efforts' of BwDBC only.

Get the prices down, emulate Bolton

The ground is immediately more full, and then the added bonus is you can start offering matchday tickets at £20 a head knowing that even if you did it every week a season ticket holder would still be saving £100+ over the season.

Excellent post, take a bow.

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Throw in the 5-0 at their place a couple of years back for good measure Gav 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gav said:

Banter so far, pretty tame stuff…..

image.thumb.png.ef1e81a1b2783b61a0c96e8e48b2d497.png

image.thumb.png.0325f823ce16b8837ec4a0f30b740119.png

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

If you take away Sam Szchmodics 30 goals this season in the Championship, Rovers would be well adrift at the bottom. Doesn't say much for the rest of the strike force this Season. Its crystal clear we're we need to spend in the Summer, providing we reach safety in the Championship. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

If you take away Sam Szchmodics 30 goals this season in the Championship, Rovers would be well adrift at the bottom. Doesn't say much for the rest of the strike force this Season. Its crystal clear we're we need to spend in the Summer, providing we reach safety in the Championship. 

Even if we take away Whitaker’s 19 for Plymouth and Stansfield’s 12 for Birmingham?

Plus he’s only scored 24 in the league.

But not taking your point literally, I know what you mean. Lose him and don’t replace with 2 other options and we have bug problems.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

We’d be on 35 points without Sammie’s goals so whilst we’d be down (and comfortably so) surprisingly we wouldn’t be bottom.

I think this will end up a draw and that will do us very nicely. 

Lose and it will be a nervous couple of weeks, but we'll still probably be OK after that huge Leeds win. We'd have to lose all the next 3 to go down.

Our rivals have some nice fixtures tomorrow though which is a cause for concern. Huddersfield should beat Swansea, Birmingham surely have to beat Rotherham even though they have a new manager, I fancy Stoke to beat Plymouth, Preston are rubbish and done for the season so QPR will probably win that one. We could well be just a couple of points off the bottom 3 come the time we play.

Edited by rovers11