BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 21/04/2024

27 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

If you take away Sam Szchmodics 30 goals this season in the Championship, Rovers would be well adrift at the bottom. Doesn't say much for the rest of the strike force this Season. Its crystal clear we're we need to spend in the Summer, providing we reach safety in the Championship. 

we need to spend a lot this summer imo,4/5 players,new goalkeeper,left sided midfielder,centre midfielder and centre forward,we can`t keep selling our best players and surviving on crap loans and budget players,it will see us relegated next season,sammie is`nt likely to score 30 next season either ,providing we keep him

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I think this will end up a draw and that will do us very nicely. 

Lose and it will be a nervous couple of weeks, but we'll still probably be OK after that huge Leeds win. We'd have to lose all the next 3 to go down.

Our rivals have some nice fixtures tomorrow though which is a cause for concern. Huddersfield should beat Swansea, Birmingham surely have to beat Rotherham even though they have a new manager, I fancy Stoke to beat Plymouth, Preston are rubbish and done for the season so QPR will probably win that one. We could well be just a couple of points off the bottom 3 come the time we play.

A draw won't do us "very nicely" a win would. A draw would not be a disaster but we have to be targetting the 3 points.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A draw won't do us "very nicely" a win would. A draw would not be a disaster but we have to be targetting the 3 points.

Yep...standards being lowered left,right and centre...expectations through the floor.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 4

Rhodes - Graham - Dack - Armstrong - Brereton - Szmodics 

Common denominator ?

Every one of them cost money including DG who was on Prem wages.

The line has run dry now if we do not INVEST in one or two forwards you can stick your entire savings on relegation next year. A new contract for big Sam isn't the answer and hanging the hat on Telalovic type punts or Leonard or Siggy to come up with enough is like a turkey looking forward to Christmas.

It's not happening and neither is 'oh well if more players chip in we'll be fine'

Massive summer for spin doctor Broughton and the affiable Mr Eustace.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we need to spend a lot this summer imo,4/5 players,new goalkeeper,left sided midfielder,centre midfielder and centre forward,we can`t keep selling our best players and surviving on crap loans and budget players,it will see us relegated next season,sammie is`nt likely to score 30 next season either ,providing we keep him

We won't keep him. At his maximum value right now, no chance that the bean counters at Ewood won't cash in.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Spot on.

We need a win

The club needs a win

The team and squad needs a win

And by golly JE needs a win 

A win is the only thing us lot should expect 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

Common denominator ?

The line has run dry now if we do not INVEST in one or two forwards you can stick your entire savings on relegation next year. A new contract for big Sam isn't the answer and hanging the hat on Telalovic type punts or Leonard or Siggy to come up with enough is like a turkey looking forward to Christmas.

It's not happening and neither is 'oh well if more players chip in we'll be fine'

It's incredible how lucky our hit rate has been with striker signings the last 10 years or so. Or am i forgetting all the duds (ie goodwillie). A 20+ goalscorer has come out the (albeit expensive) woodwork everytime drastically needed. A lot of clubs havnt had anything close.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

Common denominator ?

Gestede only really being the outlier. What a signing that was by Bowyer. One of a few brilliant signings by him. Surprise, surprise when the owners turned the taps off on him we ended up with bargain basement Fode Koita as a direct replacement for Gestede. Two seasons later and with Rhodes gone as well we got relegated. It shouldn’t be any surprise at all if history repeats itself this time next season sadly.  And that’s assuming we’ve just about done enough to stop up this time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimmy612 said:

Gestede only really being the outlier. What a signing that was by Bowyer. One of a few brilliant signings by him.

Great find by Bowyer. He still cost £200k and would have been on decent wages to get him away from Cardiff who had him in the Premier League on presumably a decent salary.

I'd be surprised if that kind of overall outlay is available to us this summer.

McGuire is 3 from 6 for Orlando since the January debacle. I've no idea whether he would cut it in the Championship, but I'd be gobsmacked if that got revisited.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, DackDackGoose said:

It's incredible how lucky our hit rate has been with striker signings the last 10 years or so. Or am i forgetting all the duds (ie goodwillie). A 20+ goalscorer has come out the (albeit expensive) woodwork everytime drastically needed. A lot of clubs havnt had anything close.

But there is nothing whatsoever in the pipeline now and only a decent amount in investment up top or a complete rabbit out of the hat by Broughton (no chance imo) or Eustace will alter it.

26 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Great find by Bowyer. He still cost £200k and would have been on decent wages to get him away from Cardiff who had him in the Premier League on presumably a decent salary.

I'd be surprised if that kind of overall outlay is available to us this summer.

McGuire is 3 from 6 for Orlando since the January debacle. I've no idea whether he would cut it in the Championship, but I'd be gobsmacked if that got revisited.

I think Gestede cost a lot more as he had clauses attached, probably a million in total by the time he was flogged for 6 mill.

Great signing and the type of business we should have been doing all along but of course the fantastic 20 mill a year ownership torpedoed even that modest model of operating.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Upside Down said:

One of the best games I've ever seen.

Back when Ewood was absolutely buzzing.

Imagine scoring two goals as good as Carbone did in that game and still getting a paggering! Le Tissier did something similar a few seasons earlier if I remember correctly.

• Like 3

No matter how we approach this game, it is an absolutely must win for Wednesday.

That should make it very open.

I would stick with 3 at the back to counter the alehouse tactics from Wednesday freekicks, throwins and corners.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

But there is nothing whatsoever in the pipeline now and only a decent amount in investment up top or a complete rabbit out of the hat by Broughton (no chance imo) or Eustace will alter it.

Not wanting to give the egg and that lot any credit but the few transfers we did make last summer (yes they were mainly trash) were all made under the radar with limited gossip. We must be signing some players this summer. We have to. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Not wanting to give the egg and that lot any credit but the few transfers we did make last summer (yes they were mainly trash) were all made under the radar with limited gossip. We must be signing some players this summer. We have to. 

By pipeline i was meaning the stock pile of good forwards has completely gone after Sammie.

Graham was brought in whilst Rhodes was still here then Dack whilst DG still here, AA and Brereton were loaded onto the books with Dack still here and Szmods comes in whilst BBD still here.

That kind of thing.

It's the one area of the pitch they've actually invested in since they arrived and no surprise its been the most consistently successful, if only they'd applied it to other areas as well.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, philipl said:

No matter how we approach this game, it is an absolutely must win for Wednesday.

That should make it very open.

I would stick with 3 at the back to counter the alehouse tactics from Wednesday freekicks, throwins and corners.

Agree - their results have improved but everything I've seen of them (including when we lost at Hillsborough) indicates that they are a very poor side. 

They were getting absolutely battered by Norwich until they scored from two corners, so I'd match them with three centre backs and back us to have more quality. 

12 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Spot on.

We need a win

The club needs a win

The team and squad needs a win

And by golly JE needs a win 

A win is the only thing us lot should expect 

Go for a win but definitely don't lose would be my message. 

A win tomorrow and we'd actually be finishing the season in play off ish form 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Credit for fucking up a 3rd time

• Like 1