BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 21/04/2024

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Quite a few people have suggested that they would be happy with a point. We are playing the second worst team in the league at home with a win sealing survival, if we cant be expecting a win here then when can we.

Team wise, we are limited because beyond that 11 last week, we are so weak due to budget cuts. If Wharton is struggling/unfit then I would bring in an attacking player though, whether thats Buckley and pushing JRC on, Ayari, Markanday or Moran. Not exciting options but at least its an extra attacking player rather than sticking in someone like McFadzean or Chrisene who themselves are a downgrade.

I actually think that McFadz would be exactly the type of player we might need later on when they give it the alehouse football.

No good against anyone tricky or with pace, but kick, push, head, elbow etc, he's your man.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I actually think that McFadz would be exactly the type of player we might need later on when they give it the alehouse football.

No good against anyone tricky or with pace, but kick, push, head, elbow etc, he's your man.

But if you play him, you have to play much deeper because hes so slow, so you naturally give more opportunity for them to be closer to your net and potentially putting in crosses.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

But if you play him, you have to play much deeper because hes so slow, so you naturally give more opportunity for them to be closer to your net and potentially putting in crosses.

You obviously haven't been watching Wednesday recently..

Today is all about the quality of our passing and decision making in the final third.

We will get the opportunities.

If we mess them up we open ourselves to the lottery of defending corners with 5 Wednesday giants in our 6 yard box as points stealers rather than consolations.

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Quite a few people have suggested that they would be happy with a point. We are playing the second worst team in the league at home with a win sealing survival, if we cant be expecting a win here then when can we.

Team wise, we are limited because beyond that 11 last week, we are so weak due to budget cuts. If Wharton is struggling/unfit then I would bring in an attacking player though, whether thats Buckley and pushing JRC on, Ayari, Markanday or Moran. Not exciting options but at least its an extra attacking player rather than sticking in someone like McFadzean or Chrisene who themselves are a downgrade.

I wouldn't be happy with a point before the game but it depends how the game go. Sheffield Wednesday have massively picked up under Rohl and will cause us problems. They played attacking football and have to win so it will be interesting how they go about it. 

We are limited down to 3 injuries to our attacking players in Hedges(who I would be starting), Sigurdsson and Leonard. Nothing to do with Budgets cuts. 

I would stick with the back 3 to be honest if Wharton is fit. We could play Chrisene on the left wing and Dolan on the right wing in we wanted to in 4-2-3-1 formation. 

Where would JRC play if he push on? 

Markanday struggled when he started games, Better as impact player off the bench

I'm under the Docs orders of a healthy scranning.  That's out the window this morning , woke up dead early and full English in full flow.  If me saying full English has offended anyone then haha I couldn't give a toss. 

On black pud and fk the Yorkshire ones

These are another team on the hate list.  Never forgive them for twatting me outside the kings when I was about 10 . My fave memories was the pub emptying to go after them . Can't imagine the generation of today sticking up for anyone .

Edited by ABBEY
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

I'm under the Docs orders of a healthy scanning.  That's out the window this morning , woke up dead early and full English in full flow.  If me saying full English has offended anyone then haha I couldn't give a toss. 

I hope you enjoy it Abbey. Can't beat a full English breakfast 

• Like 2

If, and, as a pessimist, I think we will lose this then we're deep in the shit.

I know we beat Leeds the other week but prior to that we were absolutely abject.  We've won two under Eustace since he came in, our home form is absolutely abysmal.   

This squad needs quality injecting into it- the sum of the parts and all that..

Players like Buckley would be a lot more useful if they had pacey wingers and proper target men to play off.. 

Without that I think we're a very poor squad.

Objectively I don't see why we win today? Two bad sides in not the best form. However Sheff Weds must go into this one with a bit more belief. They were marooned before Christmas and have dragged themselves into contention. Conversely we were 'safe' and have been pulled into it.. 

Who knows, toss a coin. Can't say I am confident though.  If we lose this I think we go down on GD.

26 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

If, and, as a pessimist, I think we will lose this then we're deep in the shit.

I know we beat Leeds the other week but prior to that we were absolutely abject.  We've won two under Eustace since he came in, our home form is absolutely abysmal.   

This squad needs quality injecting into it- the sum of the parts and all that..

Players like Buckley would be a lot more useful if they had pacey wingers and proper target men to play off.. 

Without that I think we're a very poor squad.

Objectively I don't see why we win today? Two bad sides in not the best form. However Sheff Weds must go into this one with a bit more belief. They were marooned before Christmas and have dragged themselves into contention. Conversely we were 'safe' and have been pulled into it.. 

Who knows, toss a coin. Can't say I am confident though.  If we lose this I think we go down on GD.

If we lose today, and I also think that's a real possibility, GD may be what saves us from oblivion, for this season at least.

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

I'm under the Docs orders of a healthy scranning.  That's out the window this morning , woke up dead early and full English in full flow.  If me saying full English has offended anyone then haha I couldn't give a toss. 

On black pud and fk the Yorkshire ones

These are another team on the hate list.  Never forgive them for twatting me outside the kings when I was about 10 . My fave memories was the pub emptying to go after them . Can't imagine the generation of today sticking up for anyone .

I don't mind these it's the other lot i'm not keen on based on previous experience.

Anyway as for the game i think we know what's coming after a boisterous opening 5 mins....

Rovers  1    Wendies  1

8 hours ago, philipl said:

You obviously haven't been watching Wednesday recently..

Whilst I back down to your expert Sheffield Wednesday knowledge, their strikeforce of Ike Ugbo, Smith and Cadamarteri is hardly one to really fear. But my point about McFadzean was specifically about him. Play him and you either drop deeper and that allows teams to push onto us or you play higher and he is like a fish up a tree like v Plymouth.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't be happy with a point before the game but it depends how the game go. Sheffield Wednesday have massively picked up under Rohl and will cause us problems. They played attacking football and have to win so it will be interesting how they go about it. 

We are limited down to 3 injuries to our attacking players in Hedges(who I would be starting), Sigurdsson and Leonard. Nothing to do with Budgets cuts. 

I would stick with the back 3 to be honest if Wharton is fit. We could play Chrisene on the left wing and Dolan on the right wing in we wanted to in 4-2-3-1 formation. 

Where would JRC play if he push on? 

Markanday struggled when he started games, Better as impact player off the bench

It is down to budget cuts. We didnt sign another winger last summer due to budget cuts and we couldnt afford a competent striker. Telalovic is obviously nowhere near it, Ennis was rubbish and sold. Sigurdsson hasnt been very good, Leonard is still very raw so even if either was fit they wouldnt noticeably improve our options.

Chrisene is not a winger as he proved when he played there last time.

Good starting 11 and one that should win today. I think we'll be too strong for them. I would take a draw though and get this season over with. 

Sheff W fans seem unhappy with their starting 11 which is always a good sign. 

There’s a big difference between playing for a point and taking a point. Play to win then take a point if the circumstances dictate. Stood in the concourse right now heart beating ten to the dozen with nerves…would I take a point….100% yes! Let’s be honest, since Christmas we’ve got bloody used to it!!!