BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 21/04/2024

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Not wanting to give the egg and that lot any credit but the few transfers we did make last summer (yes they were mainly trash) were all made under the radar with limited gossip. We must be signing some players this summer. We have to. 

we know that we need players,but the guttersnipe running the club (management aside) are a bunch of incompetents and self serving w*****s,they`ll do whatever suits their own interest and preservation

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DackDackGoose said:

It's incredible how lucky our hit rate has been with striker signings the last 10 years or so. Or am i forgetting all the duds (ie goodwillie). A 20+ goalscorer has come out the (albeit expensive) woodwork everytime drastically needed. A lot of clubs havnt had anything close.

goodwillie!!!! 

Wow.

I had erased that signing from my memory. 

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we know that we need players,but the guttersnipe running the club (management aside) are a bunch of incompetents and self serving w*****s,they`ll do whatever suits their own interest and preservation

They seem pretty untouchable but the best self preservation for them is being comfortable in this league, we need to spend now just to achieve that.

Waggot and Suhail 'winging it' has reached the end they'll have to actually demand the owners sanction some spending now otherwise the game is up.

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

goodwillie!!!! 

Wow.

I had erased that signing from my memory. 

Is he not another one whose ended up in the nick or skid row like that bum from up that way who came here just to go to Hibs ?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They seem pretty untouchable but the best self preservation for them is being comfortable in this league, we need to spend now just to achieve that.

Waggot and Suhail 'winging it' has reached the end they'll have to actually demand the owners sanction some spending now otherwise the game is up.

what will be their undoing is their arrogance that loans and bargain basement signings will maintain our league status,this time it won`t work

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hannoverover said:

Yeah I think we're safe now. We would need to lose all 3 games and an almost perfect set of results from those below us now. Still would like to see us finish off the job tomorrow infront of our fans

Not really.
If we lose tomorrow Birmingham and Wednesday would both only need 1 win from their 2 games to overtake us. 

A point on the other hand and I agree with you.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Not really.
If we lose tomorrow Birmingham and Wednesday would both only need 1 win from their 2 games to overtake us. 

A point on the other hand and I agree with you.

Agreed 

QPR winning currently.

Stoke won

Makes me feel more nervous!!!

We HAVE to win tomorrow 

31 minutes ago, Hannoverover said:

Yeah I think we're safe now. We would need to lose all 3 games and an almost perfect set of results from those below us now. Still would like to see us finish off the job tomorrow infront of our fans

You might have a shock tomorrow if you think we're safe now! 😆

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Broughton said in the Telegraph, there will be money to spend this Summer. Let's hope it's not a tenner on a Sunday league player.

2 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Broughton said in the Telegraph, there will be money to spend this Summer. Let's hope it's not a tenner on a Sunday league player.

Let's hope that whatever money is available, is spent wisely.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Agreed 

QPR winning currently.

Stoke won

Makes me feel more nervous!!!

We HAVE to win tomorrow 

Although I'm obviously hoping we win, the way I see it, a point is a better result now than it was this morning. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

And you believe the venkyscum because ?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well we know what we need to do and its down to us to win the game and secure our safety from relegation. Simple as that but it is never that simple following Rovers is it. 

Yes Rovers never do it easy. I can imagine that we will lose our two home games and with nerves jangling beat Leicester away, because that what Rovers do. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Yes Rovers never do it easy. I can imagine that we will lose our two home games and with nerves jangling beat Leicester away, because that what Rovers do. 

I think we will win tomorrow 2 nil. It will be similar to the Stoke performance for me. 

I expect the same 11 from Eustace. I don't see the need to move away from back 3 of Carter, Hyam and Wharton. If Wharton isn't available then I would play Pickering at left centre back and Chrisene at left wing back

Edited by chaddyrovers

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think we will win tomorrow 2 nil. It will be similar to the Stoke performance for me. 

I expect the same 11 from Eustace. I don't see the need to move away from back 3 of Carter, Hyam and Wharton. If Wharton isn't available then I would play Pickering at left centre back and Chrisene at left wing back

I hope that you’re right. We need to be three at the back to defend against set plays and if they go alehouse at the end of the match. We don’t have to be too gung ho. It would be great to win but being cautious and playing to our strength of counter attacking should prove a sensible strategy imho. 

Edited by roversinmyblood
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Do you believe that there will be no money what-so-ever available ?

No I’m afraid I don’t believe it. If I’m proved wrong then it’s a bonus. 

2 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Szmodics has active interest from 2 current prem teams and is practically sold, I would be surprised if fees aren't as good as agreed. Also led to believe he doesn't actually want to leave but it's bound to happen....

2 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Didnt he say that he has recommended that we spend, not that there is.

48 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

I hope that you’re right. We need to be three at the back to defend against set plays and if they go alehouse at the end of the match. We don’t have to be too gung ho. It would be great to win but being cautious and playing to our strength of counter attacking should prove a sensible strategy imho. 

We should expect to win. We are playing 2nd bottom at home, win and relegation is impossible, I dont get the general fear playing against such a poor side at home trying to focus on negating them. It suits them if we sit in and try to defend, if we be aggressive and press high then we can win.