BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (h) - 27/4/24

I know it's still possible, but I feel we have done enough to stay up.

Unless we somehow manage to keep Sammy (who will not score anywhere near 30 goals) and spend about 10m in the summer I would imagine we will be right back in the mix next season

• Like 3

Someone at this sodding club must enjoy Russian Roulette 😞

Why on earth we kept pussy-footing around at the edge of the box rather than going route one and bludgeoning a goal I will never know.

FFS skin of teeth into a sodding gale, because you just know Leicester will take this lot to absolute pieces..

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I disagree.

Eustace is a fine manager - the problem is everyone is comparing him to an excellent manager that literally paid to leave the club. Said excellent manager also had a better squad. 

There's also no way he's fired if we get relegated - they don't pay off contracts and he has a 2.5 year one. 

The problem is he doesn’t really know how to win a game with the players at his disposal - that’s literally why we’re in this position. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

There’s 81 permutations to next week’s matches involving us, Plymouth, Birmingham and Wednesday.

Only 2 of those 81 end up with us relegated.

The 2 most likely to happen I fear 

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

But that would have meant us going down swinging at least. Please don’t assume when I’d have been crying.
It makes an ass out of you and me x

Going down swinging is how we got into this predicament in the first place.

If JDT had been more pragmatic around Christmas, rather than stubbornly playing suicidal football (sending both his FBs bombing on and getting caught on the break time after time) we wouldn't be discussing Birmingham / Plymouth / Sheffield Wednesday now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

If we stay up its job well done!  Goal from the CEO was stay up and play the youth. The youth is playing for palace and we stay up by the skin of our teeth. Go down and it’s oh so close to the goal, secured 50 points should be safe…we’ll bounce right back. Sad state really 

If we stay up it's job well done, but by god if we don't reinvest the A. Wharton / Raya money in the summer we're going down next season for sure. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Going down swinging is how we got into this predicament in the first place.

If JDT had been more pragmatic around Christmas, rather than stubbornly playing suicidal football (sending both his FBs bombing on and getting caught on the break time after time) we wouldn't be discussing Birmingham / Plymouth / Sheffield Wednesday now.

His way of forcing himself out I guess 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

What on earth have you seen that makes you think he's a fine manager? He's been dire with us and has been dining off of a short burst of results at Brum in the gap between clubs.

Arguably, Wharton aside, he has a better squad than JDT had because a lot of the injured players came back when he took over, and yet still he can barely scrape points.

I think he's your standard Championship manager. The previous guy was much better, but he was far too ambitious for this lot.

A. Wharton aside is a massive caveat considering he was the best player on the pitch most weeks - and evidently continues to be so in the Premier League too. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

What on earth have you seen that makes you think he's a fine manager? He's been dire with us and has been dining off of a short burst of results at Brum in the gap between clubs.

Arguably, Wharton aside, he has a better squad than JDT had because a lot of the injured players came back when he took over, and yet still he can barely scrape points.

Wharton aside lol. Literally the only top class player in the squad and the one who could find that killer pass- what have been struggling to do over the last batch of games?

eustace keeps us up? Good job and let’s see what he can do with his own team.

this squad lacks any creativity or pace and I think he has done enough now to stay in the division.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Right? Eustace thinks we have some fantastic young players and he thinks our recruitment is very good.

“This football club has some fantastic young players, the recruitment has been very good, the coaching has been excellent and it’s my job to try and evolve that and put my own stamp on it, which is something I’m looking forward to doing. 

20 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

I know it's still possible, but I feel we have done enough to stay up.

Unless we somehow manage to keep Sammy (who will not score anywhere near 30 goals) and spend about 10m in the summer I would imagine we will be right back in the mix next season

Sammy is gone in the summer to keep the grass growing at Ewood. No moneys available so what are we looking at for a starting XI?  

Pears/Leo

brittian Hyam Carter Pickering 

JRC/Travis    Trondstad/Buckley  
Dolan           Siggy              Hedges

Leonard

Edited by yankfan

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think he's your standard Championship manager. The previous guy was much better, but he was far too ambitious for this lot.

A. Wharton aside is a massive caveat considering he was the best player on the pitch most weeks - and evidently continues to be so in the Premier League too. 

After Adam left JDT was our best player on the pitch. 

Edited by yankfan

That was a very important point.   It adds Sheffield Wednesday to the mix and makes it so Plymouth has to win.   The odds are very against both Birmingham City & Plymouth Argyle winning plus Sheffield Wednesday getting at least a draw.  Norwich and Hull are both promotion playoff clubs and the Stadium of Light will have 41,000.    Park the bus in Leicester and try for the point.  90 minutes of time wasting. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If we stay up it's job well done, but by god if we don't reinvest the A. Wharton / Raya money in the summer we're going down next season for sure. 

There’s 0 chance that moneys available 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

There’s 81 permutations to next week’s matches involving us, Plymouth, Birmingham and Wednesday.

Only 2 of those 81 end up with us relegated.

I want to like this post but I dare not

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Whatever happens, anyone who took any part in assembling this squad should be thoroughly ashamed.

When I reached the 80% mark in my first time of reading this post I thought it was going to end with something violent.

12 minutes ago, Blue and White Blues said:

That was a very important point.   It adds Sheffield Wednesday to the mix and makes it so Plymouth has to win.   The odds are very against both Birmingham City & Plymouth Argyle winning plus Sheffield Wednesday getting at least a draw.  Norwich and Hull are both promotion playoff clubs and the Stadium of Light will have 41,000.    Park the bus in Leicester and try for the point.  90 minutes of time wasting. 

I wouldn’t be too sure about odds. What were the odds on us beating Leeds away, Wednesday beating us, and then them beating the Baggies who are fighting to stay in the play off places?

Odds mean nothing. It will be down to who sticks a ball in the net at the end of the day. 

• Backroom

Wonder what the bookies have us down as?

Weirdly I could see our odds of going down as shorter than I see the odds of those 4 games going in specific ways next week