BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Silvester sacked Baker appointed

6 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Well in fairness he does have a relevant CV for getting transfers over the line.

However.

Under this regime its more than likely just a smoke and mirrors job, apart from of course to Chaddy as always.

So did Silvester mate

He's been at the club donkey years. Liverpool before that. I bet he oversaw hundreds of transfers in his career. Is it a case of someone winding down in their end years, falling behind the pace of modern working, or did he suddenly forget how it was all done? I'd say none - I'd say he has been hamstrung by above and now is his time to fall on the sword

They all will eventually, except the Rao's.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't see it pointless. Would you have left the club secretary in the job after such a mistake? 

Wouldn't surprise me if Broughton moved on. I wouldn't move him on personal 

Is this not a contradiction? You seem to be approving moving Sylvester on after his cock up this January. But you want to keep Broughton who is on record taking responsibility for cocking up not 1 but 2 transfers last January.

• Herbie6590 changed the title to Silvester sacked Baker appointed
37 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

So did Silvester mate

He's been at the club donkey years. Liverpool before that. I bet he oversaw hundreds of transfers in his career. Is it a case of someone winding down in their end years, falling behind the pace of modern working, or did he suddenly forget how it was all done? I'd say none - I'd say he has been hamstrung by above and now is his time to fall on the sword

They all will eventually, except the Rao's.

Or did Mike Cheston tell Silvester no do not send that at the 11th hour because he knew we couldn't pay it or he hadn't had express permission from Mrs/Mr D ?

So they've both got the push...

25 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Is this not a contradiction? You seem to be approving moving Sylvester on after his cock up this January. But you want to keep Broughton who is on record taking responsibility for cocking up not 1 but 2 transfers last January.

Waggott's got another one. 

• Like 1

A well qualified man who has been doing his job competently for years and years overseeing hundreds of transfers of every nature suddenly forgets how to do his job ?

• Like 3

I think we need the cameras down at Ewood. Wait for them to appear and take photos as they leave. Then show the pictures on here and shame them.

Then let the fun begin. Target them all. one by one, they WILL fall.

Enough is enough. Stop them taking the piss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigUts said:

The About section is Brent esque 😂

“I hold a unique skill set that most other sports administrators have not been able to…”

Thought it was going to be a quote from Liam Neeson in Taken at first. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

I want the real culprits holding to account. Owners and senior management. Those that remain in place for years on end running things from the shadows and are the ultimate cause of our situation.

I don't believe our transfer problems are of Silvester's making and they don't deserve the benefit of doubt on that.

Unfortunately little stunts like this and changing manager convince some people the problem is sorted and that we can move on to the future.

Firing off Silvester sure as hell will be a lot cheaper than signing McGuire and paying his wages for 6 months.

Rhyming slang?

4 hours ago, superniko said:

“I hold a unique skill set that most other sports administrators have not been able to…”

Thought it was going to be a quote from Liam Neeson in Taken at first. 

Could you please post a screenshot of the about-section/cv here? I don't have a linkedin account

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Upside Down said:

So they've made Sylvester the fall guy. No doubt given a nice payout and signed a NDA.

Happy clappers appeased.

Operation relegation 24/25 is still in full swing.

This happened THREE TIMES in a year. Every single one was deliberate.

Blackburn Rovers will never be a real football club as long as it is still stricken with the venkys virus.

11 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

If "Gets Loads of Cash to take the Bullet" replaces "Sacked" it becomes believable.

Could it be the longest NDA negotiation in the history of football but he knew where the crypt was located and had the key.

Egg must be a tough NDA negotiator too.

Just try to imagine what size Maggots will be, eventually.

Meanwhile some still believe there will be a transfer budget of meaningful size.....

IMO, all rather convenient given Sylvester must be 60+.

In any normal organisation, if a senior manager made a hash of a significant business transaction he would almost certainly be dismissed quickly.  Seemingly, Sylvester's department fouled-up twice last Jan. window and also this Jan. window.

IMO, Sylvester should have been fired in February last year.

One wonders what really happened over the last two Jan transfer windows!?!?  

Sylvester, IMO, made to look the scapegoat and perhaps toddles off into the sunset with a nice retirement package.

I have been around business for a very long time and, IMO, none of this 'smells right'. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

Strange move for him to leave Brighton to join us. It must be a good pay rise for him.

Brighton are the best run club in the country so it looks like a very good appointment. But there's only so much you can do when Venky's are your employer.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

IMO, all rather convenient given Sylvester must be 60+.

In any normal organisation, if a senior manager made a hash of a significant business transaction he would almost certainly be dismissed quickly.  Seemingly, Sylvester's department fouled-up twice last Jan. window and also this Jan. window.

IMO, Sylvester should have been fired in February last year.

One wonders what really happened over the last two Jan transfer windows!?!?  

Sylvester, IMO, made to look the scapegoat and perhaps toddles off into the sunset with a nice retirement package.

I have been around business for a very long time and, IMO, none of this 'smells right'. 

He did exactly what he was told to do.

Funny how these sorts of 'mistakes' don't happen when selling our top players off on the cheap.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Strange move for him to leave Brighton to join us. It must be a good pay rise for him.

Brighton are the best run club in the country so it looks like a very good appointment. But there's only so much you can do when Venky's are your employer.

He's in for a big shock that's for sure. 

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Andy said:

Was Silvester not the guy who was retiring this summer anyway?

Or am I thinking of someone else?

I had thought Cheston was retiring?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

Went to Whitehaven School and sixth form then Bolton Uni. I presume therefore he’s moving closer to “home”

Edited by Hasta

15 minutes ago, Ed Woan said:

Silvester had the dirt on Waggott thats why its taken so long. He knew he could bring him down.

Go on Ian, spill the beans...

5 minutes ago, Ed Woan said:

He knew that Waggott covered up the covid party. Our own Boris

Hmm. So they sacked him to stop him blowing the whistle. An action which would probably make him more likely to blow the whistle. Ok. Got ya.

2 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Sorry i can't see any info on him, what was his role at brighton how long was he there etc....