BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Cole

Hey all.

Im sorry if I may have brought up this discussion but the dealings and

personal affairs with both Cole and Yorke and then to set Yelldell futher down the pecking order as a 3rd goalkeeper and Reid's bad confidence in

the game may affect us in not getting any coloured player to our team.

Why isn't Jemal Johnson who is a regular scorer in the reserves in our first team? he scores more than Grabbi, Yorke or Jansen did in the reserves..

Where's Danns???

It's just a thought but what do you know?

And why do you have to insult me?

I love Blackburn Rovers and wish them all the best in the fortcoming season

but you have to think a little bit.

That may very well be the most ill conceived excuse for a post I have ever read on this board, and there have been a few bad ones in the past (many by myself). I can only assume you were going for the wind-up neophox, in which case it was in staggeringly poor taste. If you were being serious you really need help. Both Yorke and Cole (and Reid and Yeldell for that matter) were bought by Souness, and I'm pretty sure he knew what ethnic group they belonged to before he wrote the cheque. Yorke is leaving because he is a shadow of his former self, Cole in the interests of team morale and the financial wellbeing of the club. Colour has nothing to do with it. The one point I will agree with you on is that name calling isn't neccessary, which is why I will keep my opinions of you to myself.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it means the club dont want to admit that we got shafted.

That's my view on it aswell.

If the club wanted Cole out, why didnt they get rid of him earlier in the summer so that we could have had more time to find an adequate replacement.

I have a strange feeling that we'll be struggling for goals this season and then next summer the board will find some 32yr old striker from Bolton or Levski Sofia and then they'll say that we've got a stronger squad than this season and that they've finally struck the balance in the squad.

I was very close to wanting Souness out last season but after this whole last week, I'm giving him until December and if the team doesn't improve than I will hope the board gets rid of him and moves on because he's partly to be blamed for the arguments with Cole, Yorke, Dunn, Gillespie et al and the board have stuck by him and got rid of those players but Ive had it with the fights and constant bad publicity the past few seasons despite having some decent results.

If the club wanted Cole out, why didnt they get rid of him earlier in the summer so that we could have had more time to find an adequate replacement.

What about Dickov plus we will have Matty the Hitman Jansen back to his old self this year RRRRROOOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRRR

Swing low, sweet Andy Cole

Coming for to hit the ball high!

Swing low, sweet Andy Cole, coming for to hit the ball high!

We put him in on goal, and what did he do?

He cocked it up and looked to the skies!

We rolled the ball across and teed the prat up,

He took his time and played an air shot,

Swing low ...

wink.gif

Andrew Cole wasn't with us for 3 years.

Andrew Cole worked his socks off for us many games last season and wasn't even mentioned by Souness in his summing up of the match.

That's not true, Souey praised Cole every time he DESERVED to be praised - especially considering he cost us £7,5 million !

In one of the English newspapers today, The Sunday People, after criticising Dwight Yorke, Souness was quoted as saying: "I only want to have hard-working players at the club now"

It makes you wonder if Souness is implying that black players in general don't work hard.

Wow, talk about making a perfectly understandable sentence into racial bigotry in a heartbeat..

My first thoughts on seeing that Andy cole has left were that we must have somebody lined up to replace him & I still think we will have, just give it time for the situation to play itself out... if we don't bring somebody then I too will be baffled & bewildered tinykit.gif

• Backroom

Neophox.. what is it with you ?? you think every comment made on this board is racist orientated !

If you ask me, YOU'RE the one with the problem mate !

I suggest you find another message board to while away your obvious long hours of boredom and spare us your assinine drivel !

Am very dissapointed. Okay Cole is not the most team orientated player in the world but as a manager you have to get the best out of players, even those who are self centred - that's what managing is about. Fair enough maybe they couldn't work together any longer but having yet another player-manager bust up makes it an all too common affair at Ewood these days. I cannot think of any other manager who has so many fall outs with their players. Whilst some like Gillespie can be argued that the player was already here so a personality clash could not be avoided, to actually fall out with a player the manager brought is criminal. If you can't have a working relationship with a player for over two years there are problems. It woldn't be so worrying if it hadn't happened before with Todd and Yorke. Okay maybe these two aren't the easiest of players to get along with, in which case you have to question why the manager brought them.

Financially Rovers are down, £7.5 million for two and a bit seasons isn't the greatest return on a player (although compaired with our other £6m plus signings it's great business.) To bring in a younger replacement of that quality is going to cost a lot, money we don't have. From a financial point of view we couldn't afford to let a player of Cole's quality go. Also as selling Cole wasn't going to recoup any money whatsoever, keeping him would be the only way Rovers would continue to recoup some of the £7.5m investment.

The timing makes it even worse, leaving it late to get a replacement for the new season. Cheap older players on similar wages have already been signed up (like Hasslebank) and even if we have someone lined up, these deals can take time, and there is a danger that the transfer window may close before we sign a new forward. Also with declining season ticket sales Cole was one of the few big name attractions we had left. Loosing him is only going to lower the morale of the supporters even further, something the club cannot afford.

Finally there's the quality. (I think) that Cole was in the top two for the websites player of the season, and rightly so. True he didn't cover himself with glory, but in a dismal season Cole was one of the more dependable ones - and top scorer. As the only experienced in form striker letting him go will leave a vast gap in quality up front.

Not happy at all.

Cmon, who really thought 2 years ago "Hey, we're spending a lot for Cole, but by the time he has a year left on his deal we'll be able to get back that and a whole lot more!!" Any time you sign someone of that age, you don't expect to be able to sell him on for much, if anything.

(Then again, I'm betting that a couple years from now when Dickov goes on a free people on here will be complaining that Souness wasted 150,000 to buy him getting nothing in return when he left.)

I'm not saying that I thougth we'd get anything when we sold him but that doesn't mean that you can't get value for money on a player. IMO only getting two and a bit seasons out of a player is not getting value for money. Ideally another season with Stead and Gally, scoring goals and improving the youngsters' games would have been a far greater return on our investment.

I'm not saying that I thougth we'd get anything when we sold him but that doesn't mean that you can't get value for money on a player. IMO only getting two and a bit seasons out of a player is not getting value for money. Ideally another season with Stead and Gally, scoring goals and improving the youngsters' games would have been a far greater return on our investment.

i agree mate. so i can think that it was more to do with the money side of things....!

i surely am thinking that souness has his eye on a good young striker. this dutch dude is totally unknown so therefore i think souey is taking gambles on signing strikers....we got to be very careful, because if this does not work out then souey will be copping the stick again.

Just what is a footballer paid to ? Work hard on the pitch and produce the goods, that's it.

For me, Cole did this, and anyone who watched him regularly will know how hard he worked. Let's face it, for half of the time he was here (the absence of Dunn/Duff and Tugay off form) his service was poor yet he still lead the line superbly.

It's quite clear that some fans just don't like a player because of how they perceive their attitude, and this messageboard is full of them.

I'm willing to assume the board and Souness have made a shrewd financial decision to sell Cole now, knowing they have the resources to fill the void. But, I'm far from convinced. Young Stead has a lot of pressure on him already... but of course he has all the Nationwide League experience of Paul Dickov to help him out.

Yeah... good riddance Andy.

it doesn't matter who has gone n the past,who has gone this week and those who will go in the future.

The only thing that matters is not whether they are black white pink or yellow its all about BRFC the CLUB, the TEAM.

It is my opinion that both Cole and Yorke are a poor excuse for morale within the team. I mean how does a youngster take to a sulking soab or a midnight cowboy in the form of dorke ?

the club is better rid of them and that is from someone who actually liked Cole.

i have listened to the Legends tonight and it is all mainly pro Souness and that he is right.I agree no player is bigger than the club and neither cole or york dictate as to where or how they play.

The matter is over, 1 has gone the other soon to follow. Souness is rarely wrong quoted Sharpy, I agree on this matter.

we are better rid of a bad influence tinykit.gif

football isa team game and no matter how good a player might be, the team comes first. they did not see eye to eye on footballing terms, so bye bye.

When AC when to the PFA them for me tis time to get rid, you have to be able to fight your owm battles and he could not or did not.

In a team game when the going gets tough you need hard men around you who will stand up and be counted last season we had some who did not, and hence GS as learnt his lesson.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.