BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Cole

But Souness isn't falling out with the occasional player, it seems a regular thing. Cole, Yorke, Todd, Sukur, Dunn, Berg that immediately spring to mind.

It can't be healthy for team morale.

When did he fall out with Sukur?

We sent him back as his wages were too high combined with Jansens 'comeback' and Gallaghers rise.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Souness isn't falling out with the occasional player, it seems a regular thing. Cole, Yorke, Todd, Sukur, Dunn, Berg that immediately spring to mind.

Ok then seeing as Fergie never falls out with anyone. What about these:-

Sharpe

Bosnich

Bartez

Souey had good reason to fall out with Yorke and Cole. Dunny was always on the ###### and eating pies and when told to stop he threw a wobble. Todd should have just grown up and respected the managers decision to play Short. Suker no big deal really and Berg was offered a contract and spat the dummy when he stalled it was too late to turn back.

Nowt wrong there

Souness can't handle big egos and will probably look to build a team of obedient, opinion-less underlings who'll folllow his every demand without query or suggestion.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I see an android army of robomen done out in Souness 'taches and bubble perms. "I vill obeyyyyy."

Cole: He'd rather obey his missus than Graeme, Cole was the one who harmed team morale by not going on the trip away.

Yorke: Need I say anything about this tosspot? If Souness had kept him happy then it'd have been bad for morale because he would have been kept in the team when he wasn't pulling his weight. Granted he shouldn't have been bought, but that's a trasfer-judgement matter, not a man-management problem.

Todd: Has caused problems wherever he's been. He must've been managed well because he's leaving Rovers without having smacked anyone.

Sukur: Eh? He left 'cos he didn't like it over here, just like Unsal. Grasping at straws there.

Dunn: A strong personality who thought he could take on Souness and win, and as such be able to play in the first team and be a carousing man about town. Just like Yorke's, his attitude could not be tolerated.

Berg: Mucked us about, Souness wasn't having it and got rid.

You start off with a hypothesis and twist the facts to suit it, just like Revidge and Sylvain Waggythord, who are always putting the most ridiculous slant on things to suit their agendas.

All I see in the above is strong management, as soon as you let one muppet get away with mucking the management about, you lose the dressing room and it's downhill all the way.

When cole does go are rovers planning on replacing him?

If we dont then I believe it could be a massive mistake in letting him go.

Great post Hughesy. Well done lad.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Sorry for repeating what has already been said but I can't stop laughing at this. Brilliant Chesh.

Didn't Ferguson also fall out with Cole and Yorke. How strange?

Whatever happened to those managers we used to have - who never fell out with anyone, you know, the likes of Kidd and Hodgson?

Come on rover6, lets get the perspectives right.

Cole, - he went running to the PFA, why couldnt he have sat down and discussed matters with John Williams instead of making differences public.

Yorke, - I think every SUPPORTER would fall out with him for his lazy attitude, you should have heard the comments at a reserve game when he strolled around showing no interest and wearing gloves.

Todd, - threw his dummy out when placed on the bench against Leeds.

Sukur, - loan player who wasnt guarantteed a first team place, threw his dummy out of the pram because he didnt start up front at Old Trafford.

Dunn, - Souness tried to point him in the right direction and didnt drop him from the team, the club even offered him a new contract.

Berg - gave notice to the club that he was moving back to Norway, then last minute when his house wasnt ready had a change of heart. Meanwhile Souness had made arrangements for his replacement.

You cant let players dictate team selection, tactics and policies, that is down to the manager, it's his neck thats on the line.

Souness has a lot to prove this coming season, that his decsisions are right or I suspect he will be shown the door.

Kidd is in the Coca Cola (Teeny Weeny) Championship, and Hodgson has been relegated to Norwegian Tippeliga. rover.gif

Can anyone tell me whether Dalglish had many rows with his players, as I am a bit young to remember much else than Shearer, Sutton and 94/95! thumbs-up.gif

Kidd is in the Coca Cola (Teeny Weeny) Championship, and Hodgson has been relegated to Norwegian Tippeliga. rover.gif

Can anyone tell me whether Dalglish had many rows with his players, as I am a bit young to remember much else than Shearer, Sutton and 94/95! thumbs-up.gif

The only person that annoyed King Kenny was Fergie oh and Roy Keane.

Souness can't handle big egos and will probably look to build a team of obedient, opinion-less underlings who'll folllow his every demand without query or suggestion.

sounds a bit like the chelsea manager .He wont ever win anything ooops silly me i forgot the champs league.

Hey if we are talking about managers falling out with players, may I suggest Clough. He even smacked a supporter for running on the pitch.

I also believe players lived in fear of Shankly.

But those were different days, when players werent mercenary journey men

Kidd is in the Coca Cola (Teeny Weeny) Championship, and Hodgson has been relegated to Norwegian Tippeliga.  rover.gif

Can anyone tell me whether Dalglish had many rows with his players, as I am a bit young to remember much else than Shearer, Sutton and 94/95!  thumbs-up.gif

The only person that annoyed King Kenny was Fergie oh and Roy Keane.

and Woy Wegerle. tongue.gif

If Cole goes, he goes. For what ever reasons that he does go, I don’t agree with it.

Cole was one of our best players at the club last season and really worked his socks off.

Cole has said that he would see out the remaining year on his contract, but looking at it from a financial perspective, selling Cole would mean we get money now and we wouldn’t later.

Could this be Cole`s replacement?

If Cole goes, he goes. For what ever reasons that he does go, I don’t agree with it.

Cole was one of our best players at the club last season and really worked his socks off.

Cole has said that he would see out the remaining year on his contract, but looking at it from a financial perspective, selling Cole would mean we get money now and we wouldn’t later.

Could this be Cole`s replacement?

As reported on here 3 hours ago

I also remember Fergie falling out with Stam so he has had his fair share of bust ups aswell

I think that may have been down to Stam aparently calling Gary Neville a 'ç_nt' in his autobiography. Not particularly good for team morale that.

True but Stam wasnt lying was he

I also remember Fergie falling out with Stam so he has had his fair share of bust ups aswell

I think that may have been down to Stam aparently calling Gary Neville a 'ç_nt' in his autobiography. Not particularly good for team morale that.

I havent read it, but I believe he also made reference to Ferguson "tapping him up".

Ah but Billy, all these stories of Fergie falling out with players, they're just one-offs that in no way detract from his superb management skills.

Whereas Souness regularly falls out with players because he is stubborn, ignorant and can't man-manage. Particularly since the players he's fallen out with are known for their placid natures.

Just the same as Andy Cole hasn't become a shadow of his former self due to a poor goal return over the last two years, because he's the Premiership's second leading scorer. Compare to Paul Dickov, who scored more goals than him last season, but hasn't left behind a glittering career at previous clubs, doesn't put his hands on his hips, and has never scored a goal with his nose. I think it's clearly obvious that Cole should be made player-manager, Souness should be sacked and Dickov should never have been signed!

Oi Souness! Nooooooooooooooooooo! laugh.gif

When did he fall out with Sukur?

We sent him back as his wages were too high combined with Jansens 'comeback' and Gallaghers rise.

I can assure you that we parted company with Sukur because he and Souness had a 'disagreement' following the Man U match when he was hauled off quite early.

OK, you think that Souness can deal with big egos. Let's wait and see how long, if at all, before he falls out with Amoruso, who is probably the only remaining player you could accuse of being self-centred and hasn't felt the wrath of Souey.

Just to add, Alex Ferguson falls out with players but he has PROVEN that he can get the best out of egos like Cantona, Beckham, Yorke, Cole, Stam (before he was sold). Souness has not proven that at all.

Edited by rover6

Strage one this. Cole gone, recevied nothing back for him, paid him some severance payment probably 7 figures, and left with unproven strikeforce.

His wages have gone and if the Telegraph's 55 grand a week was right, it's better off he's gone, Rovers cannot support that amount. Once we get rid of Yorke we'll be able to bring in someone else; hopefully.

From LET:

'If Cole goes then Rovers will not receive a penny for a player who cost them more than £7 million two and a half years ago.'

'However, the board have decided they are better off cutting their losses now, rather than continuing to shell out big wages on someone who's unlikely to figure in the first team next season. '

The above just seems to confirms that Dickov was brought in as a direct replacement for Cole.....Souness has had it in for him since the season finished,he had no plans to play him.

I'm sat here with my head in my hands..were a ruddy laughing stock. sad.gif

Cole and Grabbi cost 14 million and with zero return....disastrous for our club and we all know who is to blame.

APPALLED.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.