BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Cole

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just read the Shearer article on SkySports about him threatening to leave if he doesn't get regular football.

They describe his career as "glittering".

He's a fantastic player, probably the best I've seen, but glittering career? He wasted the last 7 years of it at Newcastle, where he has won precisely knob all.

Edited by Cheshireblue

He`s not a player that has endeared himself to the Ewood faithful.

He sulks.

He only plays when HE wants to.

He is not as good as he used to be or a fraction as good and important as he thinks he is.

Won`t miss him at all

but we must accept the fact that we would not be in the prem, if it wasnt for Goal King Cole.

he saved us in our first season back.

i admit, his second season was poor,

but last season, if it wasnt for him and stead we would be playing championship footie!

Cole had to change his game with us when he joined. So it wasnt just his goals, but his all round play. He was our 2nd highest assister and in the top 15 scorers in the prem last season.

Edited by greggyk

Cole had to change his game with us when he joined. So it wasnt just his goals, but his all round play. He was our 2nd highest assister and in the top 15 scorers in the prem last season.

what part of his game did he change?

top 15 scorers? wow. what an achievement

what part of his game did he change?

top 15 scorers? wow. what an achievement

well it is actually yes. If jon stead scored 11 goals in one season everyone would be going mad saying he has to be in the england squad as 11 goals is more than heskey,vasell and rooney scored

Edited by greggyk

I doubt it greggy, although I'm sure if he (Stead) was banging in x20 plus goals a season we'd have to look at upping his wage - maybe not up to £55k a week though.

Edited by bob fleming

Just being a bit pedantic , but if someone "indicates" that they are no longer willing to "work" for you , despite receiving wheelbarrow loads of dosh, doesn't that effectively break the contract between the two parties?

Surely in most business contracts it would and in many cases a penalty clause would have been included at the outset and triggered whereby BRFC could sue Cole for damages incurred by his breaching of contract.

my guess is that souey knew that andy was on his way even before signing dickov....so if he is acting as a replacement for andy cole, then it is poor, very darn poor.

dickov has no class at all and gets by on his workrate....but i am absolutely convinced that we need a striker that has class....to go with the work rate of his team mates. in this case dickov is not the answer.

my guess is that souey knew that andy was on his way even before signing dickov....so if he is acting as a replacement for andy cole, then it is poor, very darn poor.

dickov has no class at all and gets by on his workrate....but i am absolutely convinced that we need a striker that has class....to go with the work rate of his team mates. in this case dickov is not the answer.

sadly you could be right, last season i gave Souness allot of chances and backed him fully, but if it does not work out this season then i will have difficulty supporting the releasing of Cole and signing of Dickov and have no excuses.

At the moment i can't see Dickov being a success this season, he looked handy from the bench maybe, but we will have to see

Souness has his replacement for Cole in Dickov much to my horror....its as simple as that,he really does believe this fella can do a job for us! blink.gif. All this talk about signing the likes of James Beattie etc is pie in the sky it just isn't going to happen people.Will the board trust Souness ever again with big money after the Grabbi fiasco and now this abortion,he's wasted millions in all honesty with those two deals..complete financial disasters!!!

The horrible truth in the cold light of day it appears has yet to hit home with some of you.......

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

The whole situation is typical of rovers, particularly under Souness. We've taken 5 steps forward and then about 20 back.

A couple of good signings and everyones looking forward to the new season. After this whole situation with Cole blew up, I'd say the majority aren't looking forward to the new season at all now.

Now the timing of all this is another issue. Surely if we knew Cole was gonna leave AND wanted a replacement we'd have slapped Cole on the transfer list WEEKS ago to give us enough time for a sale and the purchase of his replacement, wouldn't we? Now to me this indicates either we aren't looking to replace him, or the slimey @#/?s have waited till the paying public have splashed out on their ST's and we'll rush a new signing in. Either way it stinks to high heaven.

A strikeforce of Stead/Gally/Dickov is destined for Div 1. I'm not bothering to even include Jansen or Yorke as they're finished. Stead did thrive off the space Cole created for him, of that I have no doubt.

Yours faithfully,

A truly ###### off roverite mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Edited by Ossydave

Anyone remember the Fulham game this season, (the last one) when Tugay showed his magic and sent Cole through with an awesome pass? (that pass alone made me want to give him a new contract..)

Well, (I guess all of you are just waiting for a point in all this, "why this thread and not the Tugay-thread?") the point is, I just KNEW when the pass fell into Cole's feet that he would score. I don't know why really, because he doesn't score THAT many goals- but after watching the highlights again last night I realised that I desperately want him to stay - just because in my opinion, he can be trusted - at least the few times he actually get the ball in good positions.

My point is, with De Pedro and Emerton in the team next season, I think we'll see a lot more chances created for our forwards! And I must say, I trust Cole with them a lot more than I trust Paul Dickov, even though I think he's a terrific signing for the money we paid.

The whole situation is typical of rovers, particularly under Souness. We've taken 5 steps forward and then about 20 back.

A couple of good signings and everyones looking forward to the new season. After this whole situation with Cole blew up, I'd say the majority aren't looking forward to the new season at all now.

Now the timing of all this is another issue. Surely if we knew Cole was gonna leave AND wanted a replacement we'd have slapped Cole on the transfer list WEEKS ago to give us enough time for a sale and the purchase of his replacement, wouldn't we? Now to me this indicates either we aren't looking to replace him, or the slimey @#/?s have waited till the paying public have splashed out on their ST's and we'll rush a new signing in. Either way it stinks to high heaven.

A strikeforce of Stead/Gally/Dickov is destined for Div 1. I'm not bothering to even include Jansen or Yorke as they're finished. Stead did thrive off the space Cole created for him, of that I have no doubt.

Yours faithfully,

A truly ###### off roverite mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Excellent post and I agree with every point you raise, without wishing to sound patronising. We will need a quality striker to stay in the PL - it seems like we will have Dickov and two young lads, as good as the lads are. We need a good replacement, and fast.

Looks like their fans don't want him anyway:-

Here are a few of the less offensive posts.

'whos gonna try and get a refund on there ST if we sign A ole

'hes that good relegation fodder blackburn dont want him.wonder why

'i f@**ing hope not, he is well past his best and even that was not very good. England didnt want him and we could all score goals for manure, please CC read the message board we dont want him if its true !!!!

Those responses are very similar to the ones from City fans when a mooted swap with Fowler was mentioned. Some of us must see things in him that others can't because if you judge him off his stats then you can't really blame ths views can you.

''hes that good relegation fodder blackburn dont want him.wonder why''

Amazing how people jump to assumptions isn't it,the word clueless springs to mind with the above statement.

If we're relegation fodder then surely Fulham are 'Championship' contenders biggrin.gif

Anyone remember the Fulham game this season, (the last one) when Tugay showed his magic and sent Cole through with an awesome pass? (that pass alone made me want to give him a new contract..)

Well, (I guess all of you are just waiting for a point in all this, "why this thread and not the Tugay-thread?") the point is, I just KNEW when the pass fell into Cole's feet that he would score. I don't know why really, because he doesn't score THAT many goals- but after watching the highlights again last night I realised that I desperately want him to stay - just because in my opinion, he can be trusted - at least the few times he actually get the ball in good positions.

My point is, with De Pedro and Emerton in the team next season, I think we'll see a lot more chances created for our forwards! And I must say, I trust Cole with them a lot more than I trust Paul Dickov, even though I think he's a terrific signing for the money we paid.

What rubbish, it seems to me Mr Cole has one of the worst strike to goal ratios I can remember since Ken Beamish, don't you remember the one where he missed from only a few feet out with the goal gaping.

I had the exact opposite feeling I thought he was going to smack it right at the keeper. Damn near did too.

Why so trusting of Cole, didn't Dickov actually score more than him last season.

Edited by USABlue

We will miss Cole badly. For all the effort Dickov will give us he isn't fit to lace Coles boots in footballing terms. I'd rather see Stead and Gally given a chance.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated at the managers inability to communicate with players. He may well rue not telling Flitcroft he will no longer be captain to his face. As I understand it Flticroft is very much a favourite in the dressing room, which will no doubt work against the manager.

What rubbish, it seems to me Mr Cole has one of the worst strike to goal ratios I can remember since Ken Beamish, don't you remember the one where he missed from only a few feet out with the goal gaping.

I had the exact opposite feeling I thought he was going to smack it right at the keeper. Damn near did too.

because Im sure you remember seeing his miss .Being so near to ewood down in america. huh.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.