BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Replay tickets

We must be the only club in the country that has segregation on this scale.

PNE v Man U didn't see any, same police force.

PNE v Blackpool the same, in fact ten quid tickets and seasiders traveling in by their own means. Only other place they keep people so far apart is Millwall !

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on jbizzle.

After all the crap that the fans have been through in the past 5yrs they deserve 90 minutes of football against Liverpool.

You have a point if the reason to leave is down to us playing brentford, Doncaster, Yeovil etc-

If the reason to give up your seat is "not giving anymore money to Venkys" then attending the big games makes that a ridiculous reason.

I have a perfectly good reason to be bitter- 23 home games a season are being played in front of a half full stadium. It's not ridiculous to assume we'd stand a better chance of re emerging from this league if the "rovers till I die" crew actually came to those matches.

You have a point if the reason to leave is down to us playing brentford, Doncaster, Yeovil etc-

If the reason to give up your seat is "not giving anymore money to Venkys" then attending the big games makes that a ridiculous reason.

I have a perfectly good reason to be bitter- 23 home games a season are being played in front of a half full stadium. It's not ridiculous to assume we'd stand a better chance of re emerging from this league if the "rovers till I die" crew actually came to those matches.

Very good point JB and one I agree with, but you know that you will now get the 'so its all the fans fault' squad after you!

In what way will it propel us up the table ? A pig in a dress is just that no matter how many witness it. In our Prem days 23k was hardly and earth shattering noise.

England should be world beaters in front of 90k. Leeds too should be up there

So ergo how are Bournemouth up there? Must be Eddie getting that extra out of them!

In what way will it propel us up the table ? A pig in a dress is just that no matter how many witness it. In our Prem days 23k was hardly and earth shattering noise.

England should be world beaters in front of 90k. Leeds too should be up there

So ergo how are Bournemouth up there? Must be Eddie getting that extra out of them!

I don't believe Bournemouth's stadium is half empty??

I get the point but even so, its the fact that there are 17k empty seats each week that is the problem, not the numbers who actually attend.

Thousands of them haven't turned up since relegation though citing Venkys as their boycott yet plenty will be back for this one off. They deserve fook all in my humble opinion. The rest of us yes, maybe the capacity should have been cut to 13k in the home areas :huh:

Don't give the police ideas tomphil!

I think our core support is around 15k, but to be honest I don't care who turns up, the more the merrier in my opinion.

I understand what you're saying but it's nothing new this. I can remember 8k league gates and 30k for Villa in the cup!

I know what your saying Gav, it'll be great to see a big crowd and atmosphere again. Just irks me the number of people who've sworn off Rovers because of those Indian unprintables only to pop back for Burnley and now this. Won't stand shoulder to shoulder with their mates for the bread and butter stuff though. Mind you back in the day I remember 23k ish for Liverpool in cup then 4.5k at home to Cambridge United in lge the following Saturday when I was a kid. Blackburners eh................... :)

I know what your saying Gav, it'll be great to see a big crowd and atmosphere again. Just irks me the number of people who've sworn off Rovers because of those Indian unprintables only to pop back for Burnley and now this. Won't stand shoulder to shoulder with their mates for the bread and butter stuff though. Mind you back in the day I remember 23k ish for Liverpool in cup then 4.5k at home to Cambridge United in lge the following Saturday when I was a kid. Blackburners eh................... :)

But it is/was always the case - the fact is now four or so years of this shower has driven folk away, but it's a last hurrah for the stay-a-ways. I'm not going to get pious...I didn't go to the Swansea game having made a reasoned decision as a ST holder having watched dross. I watched it on the TV. The result was a surprise, I've been to every league game since, and it continues to be awful, culminating in Saturday's debacle. I went to the Stoke game, went to Liverpool - I don't really begrudge the glory hunters returning - I'd rather have a full (save for the restrictions) ground than not.

I hope we get the ground rocking & if he really is going to give it a go, this is the match to do it.

We, all Rovers fans, need something to cheer after the train wreck we have lived through recently. You never know, a semi-final might be the road to recovery.......nurse!

I don't believe Bournemouth's stadium is half empty??

I get the point but even so, its the fact that there are 17k empty seats each week that is the problem, not the numbers who actually attend.

What has ground size got to do with it? So Jack, bless him, built us a ground that was too big for us. Even when we were Champions it was too big.

The point alluded to was that this team under this manager would be doing better with 7k more in the stadium (I am using 00/01 average). Bournemouth, Leeds and England show that numbers mean little.

Annoyingly these games in the not too distant past were the norm..

We're starting to get to a situation where some of the younger fans don't remember these games.. Sad state of affairs thanks to the venkyscum

Never was such draconian segregation measures ever used what are the club and Lancashire police playing at...

What has ground size got to do with it? So Jack, bless him, built us a ground that was too big for us. Even when we were Champions it was too big.

The point alluded to was that this team under this manager would be doing better with 7k more in the stadium (I am using 00/01 average). Bournemouth, Leeds and England show that numbers mean little.

Money + noise = better chances at home. Simple logic that's always going to be wasted on someone who doesn't attend. You can call me a snivelling whatever but it's hardly suprising an absentee would underestimate the impact a dead Ewood has.

Fortress Ewood? The effect that had for the run in that year was magnificent. Another John Williams decision that improved the club.

Makes no sense at all other them trying to make it as easy and profitable as possible for themselves. We were told it was done v Bolton because of the threat of them throwing smoke canisters at each other after Boxing Day. Yet come match night instead of the manc overspill being put in the middle of the Darwen End they'd sold the majority of their tickets in the usual away section making them quite close the Rovers fans in the JW, in easy chucking distance. Utter codswallop ! Like I said before the only other stadium that carries such segregation is the Den and down there they always put visitors in the upper tier.

I don't know why this hasn't occurred to me before. Football clubs have a safety certificate which allows them to operate the stadium. Presumably a part of issuing the certificate is to be satisfied the club is competent to operate the stadium, that is the inspection is not just physical?

Secondly the club pay for policing. It's very rare to see police at Ewood these days.

So given Rovers have a safety certificate and effectively invite, by paying them, the police along how is it the police get to insist on segregation?

Can the club put on a match without a police presence in the ground?

It seems ridiculous to me. We happily walked with the crowds to Anfield wearing scarves and shirts. Had a good chat with plenty of Scousers.

The issue will be Pool fans in Rovers areas not segregation from the DE.

Mind you most of them will be decent and well behaved. I know a few whomhave JW tickets and they will be the sort of fan who will enjoy the footie rather than look for or want to be involved in a ruck.

Money + noise = better chances at home. Simple logic that's always going to be wasted on someone who doesn't attend. You can call me a snivelling whatever but it's hardly suprising an absentee would underestimate the impact a dead Ewood has.

Fortress Ewood? The effect that had for the run in that year was magnificent. Another John Williams decision that improved the club.

I disagree. As good as it was haviing 24k on Ewood it was not the reason we went up. That team had talent that would have seen them through on a wet evening in front of 10k. Whereas if we were to fill wembley and replicate the gates of hell it would not inspire the current crop under the current manager.

I have been to an empty Ewood from back when you were still shtting yellow to the present and I can count on a few hands when the public of Blackburn polarised enough to drag them over the line like VE Day, Palace playoff final leg 1, and when we beat the mighty Forest back in the day. The only crowd I have ever seen that made me stand back in amazement was the old kop at Anfield. It is no coincidence they have not won a title since Maggie destroyed football grounds and the kop became just another 'meh' stand. They used to suck the ball in.

Crowds these days in soul bereft all seater stadia are irrelevant without talent and direction. Just ask Villa fans. We have some talent but suffer from lack of direction on all levels.

Getting back on topic this game will prove to you Joe if bigger crowds make a difference. I hope it does as Rovers fans deserve a day out. But don't forget to chastise the extra fans at Wembley too despite calling for fans to come back ;)

The fact that it is likely to be a sell out should send out a clear meassage of, this is what you could have / should have had for the last few years at Ewood to venky's

It does show that there is still a glowing ember of interest in the club from the thousands who have stayed away. How good would it be if we could have a serious change of direction and fan the embers of interest back into a burning flame of support.

Club has stated on Twitter that if the 4500 remaining sell out, they can go back to the police and ask for a further release of tickets.

Sanity prevails!

how so? IF the police now decide on segregation (and I do doubt this) how is it okay to then sell the seats? It's either okay or it isn't.

The Club's security measures are now becoming ridiculous and the people involved don't seem to have any accountability and can play the 'safety' card with impunity.

Archived