BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

I don't think that there was ever any doubt that the club wouldn't be spending money this summer. The object is obviously surviving in the Championship by using young players - either on loan from other clubs or through our own ranks. I would imagine that most people buying season tickets are doing so with their eyes wide open and knowing that we are likely to be fighting at the wrong end of the table this season.

So what's the end game? Are we supposed to get excited at the start of every season by the battle to stay in the Championship?

Been there, done that! Under decent people at the top as well.

No incentive for fans. I do not get it.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coyle saying he will utilise the loan market this morning in the LET. Superb, what good club wasn't built on players they don't own.

How far have we fallen?

Don't disagree, but what was the whole Lambert experiment about?

I'm beginning to think he sold himself to the owners as being able to get us into at least a play-off place this season - with a get out clause he could walk away if it became apparent he wouldn't achieve it. He probably also told them he could do it without spending much money.

I'm beginning to think he sold himself to the owners as being able to get us into at least a play-off place this season - with a get out clause he could walk away if it became apparent he wouldn't achieve it. He probably also told them he could do it without spending much money.

Probably not too far from the truth, but I can imagine he was initially promised at least some of the Rhodes money.

I just don't care anymore.

How is anyone supposed to work up an ounce of enthusiasm when there's Owen @#/? Coyle in charge? Just another Venky/SEM/Kentaro stooge here to make a quick buck. It boggles the mind how people like chaddy, et al. can carry on like business as usual, hanging off whatever transfer tidbits they can find. They say ignorance is bliss, but sooner or later the chickens will come home to roost. When that time comes, those who buried their head in the sand are in for a rude awakening.

Loans are not free, free transfers are not free.

The players Lambert brought in , during january took a nice chunk of cash.

I tried pointing out at the time when so many were keen for Rhodes to be sold that they were dreaming if they thought that would create a war chest to reinvest.

As with sales before, all it ever covers is losses and more losses.

We are in a worse position by the sale as genuinely good players will be looking at our squad before they consider rovers.

Ambitious players who others would like too, would think twice before selecting rovers , because on paper we currently have a team set up for relegation.

That could change if we can get hungry players in who actually want to win things rather than collect a pay packet.

The Raos either back him for a promotion push, or we fight against relegation.

Any manager including Coyle would struggle to get 10 players plus, and keep us up with no money.

Plus of who is under contract genuinely how many of those would you actually keep.

At present we have bodies, not a squad

So he's using examples of players he loaned as a Premierleague manager? Christ even a blind man on a galloping horse could see they were going to be good players (though they are now made of glass). Try loaning players of that ilk to a dead duck ambition bereft club in the nether regions of the championship.

I just don't care anymore.

How is anyone supposed to work up an ounce of enthusiasm when there's Owen @#/? Coyle in charge? Just another Venky/SEM/Kentaro stooge here to make a quick buck. It boggles the mind how people like chaddy, et al. can carry on like business as usual, hanging off whatever transfer tidbits they can find. They say ignorance is bliss, but sooner or later the chickens will come home to roost. When that time comes, those who buried their head in the sand are in for a rude awakening.

Please don't bring Al / Al Nixon into this again, Toppers.

The emotional version of Barry's iron bar

It's become that way. They obviously just hate the club, that's all I can think of. There seems no rational reasoning why you would buy a successful football club, or any business in fact, and just run it into the ground like this.

I tried pointing out at the time when so many were keen for Rhodes to be sold that they were dreaming if they thought that would create a war chest to reinvest.

We are in a worse position by the sale as genuinely good players will be looking at our squad before they consider rovers.

Ambitious players who others would like too, would think twice before selecting rovers , because on paper we currently have a team set up for relegation.

That could change if we can get hungry players in who actually want to win things rather than collect a pay packet.

Any manager including Coyle would struggle to get 10 players plus, and keep us up with no money.

Plus of who is under contract genuinely how many of those would you actually keep.

Additional to that is that with loans the non 'loyalty' aspect comes into play - yes it can work both ways , but adding to what you state with regard to ambitious/hungry players , once they come and see what a mess we are in there ain't no way they are going to want to come back - unless they are again just mercenaries.

There is no way Coyle will get us into the play offs ( nor would any other manager ) - regardless of who we get in player wise - there is too much that needs addressing from a playing angle and gelling a team ( all of which will take longer than one season) not taking into affect what is happening off the pitch also.

Certainly ties in with what I know. I don't think people realise the depths of how poorly Rovers are being run day to day.

Truly crazy.

Why is his agent not handling it?

I imagine he and his agent have been calling the club and same answer (well, lack of).

If anyone wants to know who the player is and how I heard it, feel free to send me a DM.

A construct of your own I think.

I said the same. As people championed the sale of Rhodes to rebuild the squad, I and a good few others said how it would not happen and we would see a fraction of the money at best. And here we are...

When steve bruce first took over hull they where down to the bare bones, yet he manage d to cobble together a decent squad quickly and without spending a fotune, then got promoted.

So it is possible at least!

Oh, it's possible. Just less-so when you have a mercenary failure like Coyle in charge.

So he's using examples of players he loaned as a Premierleague manager? Christ even a blind man on a galloping horse could see they were going to be good players (though they are now made of glass). Try loaning players of that ilk to a dead duck ambition bereft club in the nether regions of the championship.

Exactly. Top PL clubs will loan potential stars out but they want the to play in the PL not at a mediocre FL club. It is all part of his rhetoric to big himself up, I guess he use the same nonsense in his interview with the no marks left at Ewood.

In terms of an underachieving egotist he is up there with Kean.

I said the same. As people championed the sale of Rhodes to rebuild the squad, I and a good few others said how it would not happen and we would see a fraction of the money at best. And here we are...

Rhodes wanted to speak to every club that showed an interest. He left the squad at his own request on the night before a cup tie.The subsequent sale of Rhodes proved to be no problem at all. Graham replaced him, improved the team and the team scored more goals without Rhodes than we did with him - just as I said we "could". Selling Rhodes is nothing to do with our current problems. Not securing a better player for free, who actually wants to be here is just one of our many problems now - all brought about by the feeble Raos.

Going for the type of loans Coyle is on about and has got in before are what we should have been after the season we had Rudy & Rhodes. Some quality then would have made all the difference instead of just gambling on potential value increasers from championship benches.

He's going to need to borrow a hell of a lot of good'uns to make any difference this season.

But we were starting to look a better team under Lambert, than when Rhodes was here, no denying that.

The owners decisions over the last 6 months again defy logic, changing direction/plan all the time and no clear leadership. Imbeciles of the highest order.

Oh, it's possible. Just less-so when you have a mercenary failure like Coyle in charge.

some would have said similar about bruce though prior to hull

Archived