BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfer/discussion Thread

Could also be Ruben Loftus Cheek, although im not sure what type of midfielder he is. From the littlebive seen, he seems like a grafter, who has a good engine on him. Coyle can go after him and Crowley to replace Taylor and Williamson. And then bring in Graham and Stokes, them it might be interesting.

He is an attacking midfielder

Lean towards Arsenal as Coyle developed a player for Wenger, Conte is not officially in office yet and doubt they have a relationship.

What type of midfielder is Crowley?

Would you say a David Dunn type of midfielder?

He is all left foot so the Wilshire comparisons comes from there. Played a bit further forward though when I have seen him.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Chaddy, stokes and graham for the two strikers I hope. I think it could work. Stokes has a very good record in Scotland.

No idea on the young player. Have you heard anything on Twitter about that one?

Isn't Nick Powell out of contract Mani? Why would we be talking to his club about a loan if he's out of contract? My guess would be Gedion Zelalem from Arsenal.

Good point mate. You seen that Zelalem play? Iv not...

My first thoughts was Pritchard at Spurs, ran the show for Brentford down here the other season. Thought a few prem clubs would be after him though..

Pritchard would be decent...not sure a lot of these London based kids would fancy a move up North though....

Pereira from United is a prospect. Like him.

To be honest so far if the rumours are true and we are in pole position to sign Graham and Stokes then well done Owen as that would be an outstanding strike force on paper for the Championship. We would just need an injection of pace and then we would be sorted.

To be honest so far if the rumours are true and we are in pole position to sign Graham and Stokes then well done Owen as that would be an outstanding strike force on paper for the Championship. We would just need an injection of pace and then we would be sorted.

I think we will need more. If Coyle's planning on using 2 up front every week then we will need 4 recognised strikers. Graham and Stokes would be a decent start, but no more than that. Graham isn't the fittest in the world and is the wrong side of 30. Stokes hasn't played in English football for years so will need to adjust and might not be able to make the transition quickly or effectively. We will therefore need back up and other options in the event one of those become injured or lose form.

I'll be applauding Owen's performance if/when he gets people into the building and they start performing well for the club. Until then its all speculation and rumour. I've no doubt Coyle is working around the clock to bring bodies in. He'd be insane if he wasn't working overtime trying to add to our pathetically low 13 outfield players currently at the club. But actually getting them signed, sealed and delivered, thanks to Venkys and their budget restraints, is the hard part, which I expect Owen is just about starting to realise after a fortnight in the job. I bet he's already tried to get a few deals over the line and has been held up by the idiots in India.

Have to say it seems Coyle has not been sat on his big fat arse since he started...... proof is in the pudding, as they say.... but at the moment he seems to have a plan.... anyone know who the mystery young midfielder is???

before we get too excited, it could just be Grimes from Swansea again!!

• Moderation Lead

Patrick Roberts would be my guess. Can play attacking mid or out wide. Good player.

Isn't he on loan at Celtic for 18 months? (Signed early this year).

Lean towards Arsenal as Coyle developed a player for Wenger, Conte is not officially in office yet and doubt they have a relationship.

Developed a player for Wenger? Wilshere played fourteen games for Bolton. You'd think OC discovered him à la Kean/Jones...

I'm not getting suckered into it all. We need signings over the line fast. Coyle's talk of a young Prem player... Freebies and loans is the market we are in, so we should be looking at Prem youngsters. Don't get why people are lapping up his chat though when not one player has put pen to paper yet.

Heard Stokes will probably be signing though. Not sure what he has to offer. Scoring goals should be a formality for any Celtic striker playing against defences of League Two quality.

Developed a player for Wenger? Wilshere played fourteen games for Bolton. You'd think OC discovered him à la Kean/Jones...

Just meant he played him and helped him develop. Players get sent out on loan and not played, used incorrectly.

Managers trust other managers that use their players how they want them too.

Transfers lads!!! Not Kean, Jenson, Clement, Kentaro blah blah...

So it looks like the the Graham - Stokes combo is the one he wants, Feeney the likely bit of pace and then there's the mystery young PL playmaker...my guess is Nick Powell.

But Iv been doing the maths and assuming we get these surely we need another two strikers, two left backs, CB cover and CM cover just to have a squad capable of dealing with injuries...

Never mind trying to cover over the past agent Mani it's been brought up because history is about to repeat itself, albeit a watered down version so it is relevant.

All we have to discuss here is the imminent pointless signing of Feeney which will be buried until they've finally found a striker of some sort to hide it behind.

Transfers lads!!! Not Kean, Jenson, Clement, Kentaro blah blah...

So it looks like the the Graham - Stokes combo is the one he wants, Feeney the likely bit of pace and then there's the mystery young PL playmaker...my guess is Nick Powell.

But Iv been doing the maths and assuming we get these surely we need another two strikers, two left backs, CB cover and CM cover just to have a squad capable of dealing with injuries...

WANNA BE A MOD?

transfer talk hahahaaha...theres 50 odd pages .Actual transfer news wouldn't even fill one post...hows moyes and joyce?

Could also be Ruben Loftus Cheek, although im not sure what type of midfielder he is. From the littlebive seen, he seems like a grafter, who has a good engine on him. Coyle can go after him and Crowley to replace Taylor and Williamson. And then bring in Graham and Stokes, them it might be interesting.

He is an attacking midfielder

No chance of Ruben Loftus Cheek coming here. He was playing in Chelsea first team come end of last season

I think we will need more. If Coyle's planning on using 2 up front every week then we will need 4 recognised strikers. Graham and Stokes would be a decent start, but no more than that. Graham isn't the fittest in the world and is the wrong side of 30. Stokes hasn't played in English football for years so will need to adjust and might not be able to make the transition quickly or effectively. We will therefore need back up and other options in the event one of those become injured or lose form.

I'll be applauding Owen's performance if/when he gets people into the building and they start performing well for the club. Until then its all speculation and rumour. I've no doubt Coyle is working around the clock to bring bodies in. He'd be insane if he wasn't working overtime trying to add to our pathetically low 13 outfield players currently at the club. But actually getting them signed, sealed and delivered, thanks to Venkys and their budget restraints, is the hard part, which I expect Owen is just about starting to realise after a fortnight in the job. I bet he's already tried to get a few deals over the line and has been held up by the idiots in India.

​I agree there and we need at least 3 strikers with maybe a number 10 role player aswell. I have no problems with Graham's fitness but I think we need 3 different types of strikers.

​Not sure if Coyle is having problems with the owners side but maybe the players we have targeted are considering their options and meeting different clubs.

No chance of Ruben Loftus Cheek coming here. He was playing in Chelsea first team come end of last season

​I agree there and we need at least 3 strikers with maybe a number 10 role player aswell. I have no problems with Graham's fitness but I think we need 3 different types of strikers.

​Not sure if Coyle is having problems with the owners side but maybe the players we have targeted are considering their options and meeting different clubs.

Not sure if Owen is having problems with the owners? Cmon Chaddy, you should know better by now

Never mind trying to cover over the past agent Mani it's been brought up because history is about to repeat itself, albeit a watered down version so it is relevant.

All we have to discuss here is the imminent pointless signing of Feeney which will be buried until they've finally found a striker of some sort to hide it behind.

I'm not covering anything mate. It's the transfer thread. Save this crap for the conspiracy theory thread...

Good point mate. You seen that Zelalem play? Iv not...

I've seen Zelazem play more with the US national team (and Under-17 and U-20) sides where he looked class in his passing and set up play. Spent last year at Rangers (admittedly did not see anything more than highlights here and there) and started well, becoming a starter within a month. He was then injured in the winter, and once healthy again, did not feature prominently in their squad, but was in off the bench here and there. Part of the reason he went to Rangers was to "toughen" up a bit. He was potentially a long term replacement for Santi Cazorla with his vision and passing. Given Arsenal's depth, i would expect him to go on loan again, but not sure if that would be to a Championship side or a lower side in the Premiership.

Very likely in our wage range, especially on a loan. No clue if he's being considered.

I'm not covering anything mate. It's the transfer thread. Save this crap for the conspiracy theory thread...

Just scoot past it when it crops up then. Conspiracy theories ? Yep that'd be a good thread to post YOUR transfer rumours .... :P

Days come and days go without firm news. It seems to be dragging on; I hope this isn't a sign that we aren't going to get deals over the line

Archived