BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] People With Connections To Rovers

My mother-in-law once mentioned that when watching football on TV her partner, a Rovers supporter, very often would say, "He plays for the Rovers" or "He used to play for the Rovers" She came to the conclusion that pretty much everyone connected with football had had some connection with Rovers.

I, therefore, started to take notice of connections with Rovers and was amazed how many people appear or are mentioned on TV or radio who have Rovers connections.

My wife gets fed up with it and I just laugh. During the Wales v N Ireland game they mentioned the last time N Ireland beat Wales in 1980 to win the home championship with the winning goal scored by Noel Brotherston. She said sarcastically, "I suppose he used to play for the Rovers" I smiled as I said, "Well, actually, he was a Rovers player at the time". She was gobsmacked.

Take this European Championship tournament for instance. These people have association with Rovers:-

Players: Corry Evans, Shane Duffy, Nikola Kalinic, Martin Olsson

Managers: Chris Coleman, Roy Hodgson

Pundits: Dean Saunders, Alan Shearer, Robbie Savage

There are loads of others that I must have missed.

My mother-in-law once mentioned that when watching football on TV her partner, a Rovers supporter, very often would say, "He plays for the Rovers" or "He used to play for the Rovers" She came to the conclusion that pretty much everyone connected with football had had some connection with Rovers.

I, therefore, started to take notice of connections with Rovers and was amazed how many people appear or are mentioned on TV or radio who have Rovers connections.

My wife gets fed up with it and I just laugh. During the Wales v N Ireland game they mentioned the last time N Ireland beat Wales in 1980 to win the home championship with the winning goal scored by Noel Brotherston. She said sarcastically, "I suppose he used to play for the Rovers" I smiled as I said, "Well, actually, he was a Rovers player at the time". She was gobsmacked.

Take this European Championship tournament for instance. These people have association with Rovers:-

Shay Given and current Rovers fitness coach Chris Neville. Lewandowski would but for that bloody ash cloud.

Great post and many thanks for omitting one turd pundit

Kean was on Singapore Tv for Euro. Nearly wanted to throw my cup, but its my bloody TV. The idiot is being hailed for winning S League. If he could ever do something good for rovers is convince the Prince to buy us

Not doing so great at the moment. 3rd and 16pts off top spot.

Kean was on Singapore Tv for Euro. Nearly wanted to throw my cup, but its my bloody TV. The idiot is being hailed for winning S League. If he could ever do something good for rovers is convince the Prince to buy us

Get the Prince to buy out JA,Kentaro & Coco's etc's unofficial stake would be a nice start. ^_^

No No No cause @#/? face would tell the Prince that he could manage us again, o please God no!😖

Danny Murphy is a co-commenator.

About as useless at that as he was for Rovers.

Cannot abide him,pontificates like he was some great name in the game.

The Rovers Connections are far and wide,makes you proud.

Tragic about Noel Brotherston,a fan favourite of the BBE and died at only 38 from a heart attack....the current NI side did your memory proud.

Cannot abide him,pontificates like he was some great name in the game.

The Rovers Connections are far and wide,makes you proud.

Tragic about Noel Brotherston,a fan favourite of the BBE and died at only 38 from a heart attack....the current NI side did your memory proud.

I remember being so proud of Noel in the home internationals, when summariser, George Best, of all people, referred to "Noel Brotherston's magic"..

Archived