BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Man Utd

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, michaelscarn said:

You are financially complicit . That's your choice to watch the football , however Have you at least given any of the protests a try ? 

If not it suggests you are prepared just to let whatever happens happen without a whimper 

as for consistency we have been very consistent . 

Enjoy yor club 

Surely everyone has a breaking point ? 

Yet again been asked this alot on here over the 18 months. 

Simply answer when I stop enjoying watching my club and football. I enjoyed going with friends and doing the away games aswell. I hate losing and always will but I will support my club through the good and bad times and I wont stop being a ST holder either. I wont let some people from India stop me support my club and being a ST Holder. Glen Mullan said the same yesterday and IMO He right and I agree with him. 

If people want to boycott then thats fine I respect them for their decision but they shouldnt keep going on at other people for attending. This is a personal decision. 

Just now, blue kiwi said:

Once again Stuart I ask you Why Do You Not Boycott

I think he takes his son or daugther to the Rovers so fair play for that but shouldnt be telling people to boycott if he not tho. His position should be I want to boycott but it means more to me that I take child to the games. 

As a parent I enjoyed taking my step daugther to some games and she enjoyed them. She has a passion for Rovers so I want to keep this going. 

7 minutes ago, michaelscarn said:

Yes, those who are antagonistic towards protesters do have a different view to protesters , of which they are entitled to . It just appears that their view is that all is rosy . 

"I want Venkys Out but am not going to show it - except to verbally abuse protesters in public".

Laughable.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I think he takes his son or daugther to the Rovers so fair play for that but shouldnt be telling people to boycott if he not tho. His position should be I want to boycott but it means more to me that I take child to the games. 

As a parent I enjoyed taking my step daugther to some games and she enjoyed them. She has a passion for Rovers so I want to keep this going. 

He makes his feelings known when he does go . You could also 

do enough is enough unless there is a child in tow 

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

"I want Venkys Out but am not going to show it - except to verbally abuse protesters in public".

Laughable.

'Everyone should boycott, except me who is going to continue to watch my team and then go on an MB and harangue people who continue to watch their team'

Laughable doesn't cover it. Wind your neck in, it's embarrassing.

From someone who is boycotting. xxxx

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yet again been asked this alot on here over the 18 months. 

Simply answer when I stop enjoying watching my club and football. I enjoyed going with friends and doing the away games aswell. I hate losing and always will but I will support my club through the good and bad times and I wont stop being a ST holder either. I wont let some people from India stop me support my club and being a ST Holder. Glen Mullan said the same yesterday and IMO He right and I agree with him. 

If people want to boycott then thats fine I respect them for their decision but they shouldnt keep going on at other people for attending. This is a personal decision. 

So enough isn't enough in your case . 

Also you can't draw parallels with you and  Glenn . He has gone out of his way to make a stand . You haven't even tried a protest . 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

'Everyone should boycott, except me who is going to continue to watch my team and then go on an MB and harangue people who continue to watch their team'

Laughable doesn't cover it. Wind your neck in, it's embarrassing.

From someone who is boycotting. xxxx

I'm a boycotter also. My understanding is that Stuart still goes but tries to put some fight behind the cause , isn't his issue with those who go and more or less accept what's going on ? 

Like this Chadwick fella who needs to come to peace with the fact he just goes and has no problem with it 

or parson blue who  won't bite the hand that feeds 

I'm a boycotter also. My understanding is that Stuart still goes but tries to put some fight behind the cause , isn't his issue with those who go and more or less accept what's going on ? 

Like this Chadwick fella who needs to come to peace with the fact he just goes and has no problem with it 

or parson blue who  won't bite the hand that feeds 

We all have issues:) Stuart just has an opinion.

My opinion ('issue') is that people who continue to attend matches at Ewood are legitimising incompetent, ignorant and arrogant (at best) owners who will one day walk away from the club and leave it with a debt that may well put BRFC out of business. I also think marches at this stage in Venky's reign are pointless. But that's just me. I haven't always thought that. Opinions change, which is fine.

What i won't be doing is constantly harassing someone on a messageboard who doesn't agree. 

9 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I find it astonishing that so-called "professionals" get out of shape. As a decent amateur player I loved playing the game and kept in the best shape I could. My weight never shifted and I trained hard. The likes of Graham who become overweight shows to me they have no pride in their profession and it also shows why the likes of Lincoln can beat a Premier League club. The pro game is rotten to the core IMO.  

Jim---you are talking about how things should be. I'm talking about how they are. One of the key jobs of the manager is to ensure his team is fit enough to compete.

If they are over-weight surely 1) it's an indictment of the manager, he's failed in a key aspect of his job.

2) if he carries on doing the same thing when the fans know the players can't compete for the full 90 minutes, the players are not going to save him are they?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We should talking about the game not this yet again. Same thing in every thread

I just had to laugh at the Irony in this yet again  - talk about goldfish syndrome

Decent performance but the game  was irrelevant  under the circumstances  - think the likes of yourself /PB and Rev need to ask the question were a large percentage  of those in attendance have been  for  over 12m  as they ain't no Rovers fans  ( as  what is always tarred you have only come  to see  Utd which I think was proven yesterday)

Was the ideal chance to make something   happen yesterday  and unfortunately like the weather  was  a damp squib but  have empathy with  those  that at least tried along with Mike E and Ewood Dawn for their efforts

9 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

That's why we are in the bottom three because of the inconsistency.  If we can play like we did today over the next 15 games we will get out of the bottom three.  It's up to the players now to deliver that level of performance on a regular basis - if they don't we will be back in the Third Division next season.

If the two centre half's hadn't disappeared or switched off for United's goals Rovers could and maybe should have won the game. 

The other thing that was very noticeable and we are two thirds of the way through the season is they don't win very many attacking headers. In fact Emnes and Graham certainly don't want the ball tossed into the air for them but rely more on the ball into feet. It's understandable if your under pressure and just clearing the ball but the players should by now, know one another's strengths and weaknesses and play accordingly.

The two corners Conway put in when Romero came and caught the ball second half where in perfect areas for someone to attack the ball and score, yet nobody did.

Enjoyed the game though !

A good performance against a good side. Once again we show that when we want to we can play some good stuff and have the ability in our ranks to do better than our league position suggests.

We've shown numerous times this season that when nobody gives us a chance and there is no pressure or expectation on our shoulders and a 'big match atmosphere' that we can cause problems and play some decent stuff. Unfortunately yet again, as has been the case a few times this season, defensive mishaps are inevitable cost us goals and eventually the game. Irrespective of how much possession you have and chances you create, if you are incapable of keeping clean sheets, as we appear to be, then it becomes meaningless. Sheffield Wednesday was the perfect example of this. Loads of possession, several good chances, but the basics of properly defending set pieces let us down.

Its easy to raise your game when lining up against United in the Cup on TV. Its another thing away at Rotherham or Burton when the pressure is on and a win is essential.

I'm not going to alter my view of Coyle and his management on the basis of one decent display in the cup. Anyone could have motivated the team to perform yesterday. If we go to Burton and get 3 points then he can have some credit, but unfortunately I expect a morning after the night before style performance. Nothing less than 3 points will do.

2 hours ago, JAL said:

If the two centre half's hadn't disappeared or switched off for United's goals Rovers could and maybe should have won the game. 

The other thing that was very noticeable and we are two thirds of the way through the season is they don't win very many attacking headers. In fact Emnes and Graham certainly don't want the ball tossed into the air for them but rely more on the ball into feet. It's understandable if your under pressure and just clearing the ball but the players should by now, know one another's strengths and weaknesses and play accordingly.

The two corners Conway put in when Romero came and caught the ball second half where in perfect areas for someone to attack the ball and score, yet nobody did.

Enjoyed the game though !

It's obvious to you and to me that we don't win many headers in the opponents penalty area but why is it not to Coyle who dictates the tactics? It's also another reason not to play Feeney who has no other tactic than to cross the ball and we NEVER win a header from them. Mahony on the other hand can take the ball closer and play to feet. It's blindingly obvious to me.

Just now, Al said:

It's obvious to you and to me that we don't win many headers in the opponents penalty area but why is it not to Coyle who dictates the tactics? It's also another reason not to play Feeney who has no other tactic than to cross the ball and we NEVER win a header from them. Mahony on the other hand can take the ball closer and play to feet. It's blindingly obvious to me.

Yep. It's not just the opposition penalty area either - we've conceded so many from set pieces this season, it's beyond a joke. The lad at Wednesday who hadn't scored all season had the freedom of Hillsborough last week. Coyle is so bereft tactically - it's as if set pieces are just an after thought.

• Mike E unpinned this topic

Yesterday showed and affirmed by belief that we should NOT be playing with two strikers, Emnes should be playing in that dropped off role every week. Mahoney should be playing every week, the lad has talent, can take on the full back, can put in the cross and is very creative. Gallagher should in no way whatsoever be used as a 'wide man'. Greer is past it. Lowe is far better at right back.

Just now, Mike E said:

Mahoney is quite good at taking the man on too, despite nor being blessed with pace.

Here's hoping we sign him on a longer deal.

My worry about him signing a new deal is when Coyle says it is in Seniors hands now. They always like to get their blaming of each other in nice and early. In my opinion the contract should have been sorted before Senior even arrived.

Archived