BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

I don't mind admitting that I jumped the gun with Mowbray. He has won me over and is the right man for the club right now. I still think the Burton game was 2 points dropped, and I still think that once the new manager bounce wears off we need a better captain than Lowe, but right now he has the players organised, drilled and motivated.

Long may it continue and I hope, if (and it's still an if) he keeps us up, that they find a way to back him in the Summer.

• Like 5

makes me laugh that so many fans was calling TM even before a ball was kicked and now look what hes brought. He's far from the 2nd coming but a lot of people on here chastised him as the devil when appointed. 

Under Venkys Im not much a fan of any manager that is brought in as its all part of the system but tbf he's doing a good job . most people on here would/did call him to high heaven before his first game.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2017 at 0:07 PM, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

What the @#/?ety @#/??

Awful appointment but I shouldn't be surprised. At least I won't be able to understand his interviews.

On 2/22/2017 at 0:14 PM, Crimpshrine said:

OMG Give me strength

On 2/22/2017 at 0:16 PM, Dunnfc said:

AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL.

Another who seems to get a job after each disaster carried out.

Another who can't set a defence up.

Another on a free and promoted youth coaches to assistant manager all the whilst managerial changes remain EXEMPT from FFP.

Absolutely fuming with this appointment

On 2/22/2017 at 0:17 PM, savage90 said:

Embarrassing. Quit his last job after failing to win in 10 games. Let's see what he can do in 15. I imagine we'll get 6 more points.

On 2/22/2017 at 0:24 PM, Bigdoggsteel said:

He got sacked from the Celtic job. That is an achievement in itself. 

One good spell in charge of WBA, a team he eventually relegated. This is a very, very worrying appointment. 

On 2/22/2017 at 0:27 PM, roverstdt said:

Jesus god dam christ I give up! You go from Adkins to Mowbray....How can you make such idiotic, shameful footballing decisions! You have a whole list of decent managers who would be willing to come. Whether it is Hill, Jackett, Adkins, or whoever else but you go for Tony God Dam Mowbray 

shameful posts tbh.

• Like 2

Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

shameful posts tbh.

Cheap shot, pal. And no, I didn't comment either way on TM's appointment.

Edited by wolfie
  • Like 1

• Backroom

As evidenced by my first two posts in this thread the appointment knocked me for 6 as it just came out of nowhere.

For some reason in my head he was in the  Megson band of desperadoes. The more I read I got a bit more hopeful that he would do ok and he seemed a top bloke.

3 games in I couldn't be happier but still trepadacious due to the unknown once the bounce flattens. The difference these 7 points had made are insane, people said he probably needed to win 6 games well we have two of those on board, pick up another soon and you would back us to survive. And that's all down to the manager!

4 minutes ago, NinjaTattoo said:

shameful posts tbh.

Would you be saying that if his return was 0/9 as opposed to 7/9?

Fair play to Mowbray he has hit the ground running but the proof will be at the end of the year. 3 games out of 15 was it it to go, shows it's a mini marathon and not a sprint. 

Nothing changes for me, new manager/new face same s**t as owners. Still in your 56 posts to date I'm sure you've made more insightful posts and contributions to the forum.

Edited by Dunnfc

44 minutes ago, NinjaTattoo said:

shameful posts tbh.

Not at all Shameful. You judge an individual based on his results. This season Mowbray hadn't won a game, and can you blame us for that reaction based on the rubbish Venky's has been throwing at us this season?  

Strange you didn't pick out the comment i made on the same day saying that with a few hours having gone by I am actually more relieved about his appointment. 

Wasn't a massive fan of his appointment, no problems in admitting that.

He's done brilliantly in these last 3 games, 7 from 9, 2 clean sheets, 2 home wins on the bounce and an away point. All crucial fixtures, all tricky. 

Stuff like that, Coyle can only dream of. 

Mowbray only has to get 2 more clean sheets to equal clowns abysmal effort as well.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Would you be saying that if his return was 0/9 as opposed to 7/9?

Not at all as he would have had those games under his belt but tbf for many people on here to call him, chastise him even before he had a game is just uncalled for. If he never won another game Id be the first to say it was a bad appointment but only judge his tenure here from games played, half of you lot here wouldnt have given the time of day. 

What if he saves us from relegation to  LG1 how many fans that called him would say 'actually he done a good job' with ANY manager coming in give the bloke a chance. Even HWSNBN was given a honeymoon period. 

Coil averaged 1 point per game. After the last three games we would have to lose the next four on the trot to be as bad as coil. Coil was a disgrace. 

So far at least Mowbray seems to be a football manager which coil was not. Let's hope he keeps it going.

• Backroom

People had every right to be upset with the appointment of a guy who had been sacked after leaving Coventry bottom of League 1. Sorry to say it, but that is what Mowbray was when hired. 

Three games in and things are looking good. But it's only three games. A little early for anybody to be crowing and hailing Mowbray as the second coming. He's had an excellent start but there's still a long way to go. This'll be a difficult end to the season, and even if Mowbray does keep us up we most likely have a pretty grim summer ahead of us which could see Mowbray starting next season with both arms tied behind his back. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, NinjaTattoo said:

Not at all as he would have had those games under his belt but tbf for many people on here to call him, chastise him even before he had a game is just uncalled for. If he never won another game Id be the first to say it was a bad appointment but only judge his tenure here from games played, half of you lot here wouldnt have given the time of day. 

What if he saves us from relegation to  LG1 how many fans that called him would say 'actually he done a good job' with ANY manager coming in give the bloke a chance. Even HWSNBN was given a honeymoon period. 

Just now, DE. said:

People had every right to be upset with the appointment of a guy who had been sacked after leaving Coventry bottom of League 1. Sorry to say it, but that is what Mowbray was when hired. 

Three games in and things are looking good. But it's only three games. A little early for anybody to be crowing and hailing Mowbray as the second coming. He's had an excellent start but there's still a long way to go. This'll be a difficult end to the season, and even if Mowbray does keep us up we most likely have a pretty grim summer ahead of us which could see Mowbray starting next season with both arms tied behind his back. 

Sorry Ninja but entirely agree with DE, that much i'm not going to add further comment.

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

Shameful that these divisive comments are made when WE WON!

Everyone is celebrating, feel free to join in with your fellow supporters!

Get the feeling the site has been infiltrated by a band of WUMs? It's a shame they didn't migrate to RoversTalk or the LT comments section. That would have been much more up their street.

Just now, JAL said:

See phoney Tony with his disgraceful claret and blue tie on today !

Looks like the whole English championship is bent with the managers and owners that are in place throughout this league.

Even the missus spotted that!

Poor form but at least we've got a manager with a claret tie trying to keep us up rather than a claret with no tie managing only to send us down.

29 minutes ago, JAL said:

See phoney Tony with his disgraceful claret and blue tie on today !

Looks like the whole English championship is bent with the managers and owners that are in place throughout this league.

what another embarrassing post by you

Mowbray has produced wins and clean sheets.

clearly you don't want that or is it not part of your agenda?

10 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Even the missus spotted that!

Poor form but at least we've got a manager with a claret tie trying to keep us up rather than a claret with no tie managing only to send us down.

He along with others will be having a good laugh at that along with my post most probably.