BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] General Election Blackburn 2017. The Venkys Out Party and You

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A great effort by Duncan Miller and his supporting team who have put together a campaign on a shoestring budget.

875 votes , with a ballot paper which never said Venkys out is a massive achievement and should not be underestimated.

He didn't have the budget to Market like other parties , that being said. I never got a leaflet or a canvasser from any of the main parties.

Elmer Fudd or Buzz lightyear could have stood for labour and would of won the town vote, it's a safe labour seat.

Beating the liberal democrats was a great result , but this is a big victory in the Venkys out movement. I'm certain had this been a venkys out party as originally attempted then that vote would of been a few thousand higher.

Of all the MPS to represent the supporters , Graham Jones still stands head and shoulders above the rest. Having held quite a few meetings with Kate Hollern, I have never felt the same passion from her and she always appears to be going through the motions. 

I hope Duncan's efforts are taken on board by Kate. As our MP, she has a responsibility to our residents to fight all causes and with the same effort and passion, of other things within her mandate.

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

A great effort by Duncan Miller and his supporting team who have put together a campaign on a shoestring budget.

875 votes , with a ballot paper which never said Venkys out is a massive achievement and should not be underestimated.

He didn't have the budget to Market like other parties , that being said. I never got a leaflet or a canvasser from any of the main parties.

Elmer Fudd or Buzz lightyear could have stood for labour and would of won the town vote, it's a safe labour seat.

Beating the liberal democrats was a great result , but this is a big victory in the Venkys out movement. I'm certain had this been a venkys out party as originally attempted then that vote would of been a few thousand higher.

Of all the MPS to represent the supporters , Graham Jones still stands head and shoulders above the rest. Having held quite a few meetings with Kate Hollern, I have never felt the same passion from her and she always appears to be going through the motions. 

I hope Duncan's efforts are taken on board by Kate. As our MP, she has a responsibility to our residents to fight all causes and with the same effort and passion, of other things within her mandate.

As I'm Hyndburn and couldn't vote for Duncan, it felt good knowing I was voting for Graham Jones instead! He's forced the issue in parliament before!

A good moment, when a load of Asians, resplendent in their Labour rosettes joined in with our Venky's Out chant, as Duncan's score was announced.

I know Kate Hollern must have been knackered after the campaign and the late count etc, but my heart sank to my boots, when I heard her remarking to a group of Duncan's backers,

" They were badly advised!"...

Soon we will come from the shadows....

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

I know Kate Hollern must have been knackered after the campaign and the late count etc, but my heart sank to my boots, when I heard her remarking to a group of Duncan's backers,

Just shows Hollern is listening to her constituents as she'll have heard that phrase from plenty of Rovers fans...

57 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

A good moment, when a load of Asians, respendent in their Labour rosettes joined in with our Venky's Out chant, as Duncan's score was announced.

Maybe she meant nobody suggested to Duncan the benefits of  postal voting scams :) 

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

A good moment, when a load of Asians, respendent in their Labour rosettes joined in with our Venky's Out chant, as Duncan's score was announced.

From an MP who can't understand basic grasps of FA rules. 

Hope they took that pinch of salt

9 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Having held quite a few meetings with Kate Hollern, I have never felt the same passion from her and she always appears to be going through the motions. 

Fair enough Glen.  Never met her and I don't live too near Bburn these days but I remember seeing this on her website a while ago.  Do any of the locals know if it was followed up, if not is there any mileage in doing that?

6 minutes ago, Neil Weaver said:

Fair enough Glen.  Never met her and I don't live too near Bburn these days but I remember seeing this on her website a while ago.  Do any of the locals know if it was followed up, if not is there any mileage in doing that?

Maybe one of her can ask her. I think it could be done via her website. She needs to be kept in contact with and I am sure that RT do this.

3 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Probably as well the Pune visit didn't go ahead.

875 and to beat the liberals is a fine effort. Particularly reading above that nowhere on the ballot paper did it say Venkys out. One wonders had it said Venkys out just how many more votes would have been won. Presumably to do with independents having to use their own name or something.

9 hours ago, matt83 said:

875 and to beat the liberals is a fine effort. Particularly reading above that nowhere on the ballot paper did it say Venkys out. One wonders had it said Venkys out just how many more votes would have been won. Presumably to do with independents having to use their own name or something.

Yeah, it's a shame it didn't have Venky's Out next to his name and like Glen said, a party logo may have grabbed some extra votes but a splendid effort all round!

I took it upon myself to stick "Venky's Out" on my ballot slip as part of my protest vote :D and beating the Lib Dems, brilliant!

On 2017-6-9 at 13:18, Leonard Venkhater said:

A good moment, when a load of Asians, resplendent in their Labour rosettes joined in with our Venky's Out chant, as Duncan's score was announced.

Any footage? Could be a social media sensation.

On 09/06/2017 at 04:40, glen9mullan said:

Yes you did get leaflets from the main parties because everybody does (election communication).

There was also plenty of extra leaflets from Conservatives and Labour

17 hours ago, renrag said:

Pity your vote won't have been counted but I'd have brought it up to 876 if I'd been in Blackburn constituency

Ahh yes, I'm sure they won't have counted my vote for writing the party name in the empty party name space... :rolleyes:  I looked at the rules on "spoiling" a ballot entry, but as I included neither my name, signature, nor any confusing nor defamatory messages, I am sure I'll have been ok.

Looking at the "Independent" candidates across UK some facts:

-Duncan was only candidate to beat one of the established Parties

-most got between 0.5% to 0.8% of votes cast. 'Our' Duncan got 1.8%

-Millwall candidate got less than 500 votes and 0.8% of votes cast

Makes you wonder what he might have done if the Party could have been registered in time and also a general mail-out to all houses.

Still BRILLIANT guys.

Archived