BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

• Backroom

Ivan Toney went to Wigan on loan, Chaddy will be miffed I know that's one he and others said to go for 

They beat Chorleys kids 14-0 last night!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Tom said:

Ivan Toney went to Wigan on loan, Chaddy will be miffed I know that's one he and others said to go for 

They beat Chorleys kids 14-0 last night!

Good player. But Im sure we get one in shortly

54 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Arsenal striker Stephy Mavididi on loan??

Been linked with him. Some championship teams have aswell..

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

In all seriousness, It's Champions or failure imo. Simple as that. Although promotion would be acceptable I feel we need a really positive season this year, on which we can build the following season.  

Looking around on here, I see a lot of expectation, but no belief. I guess that's about right for us at the moment.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Dry your eyes kid, it's been an excellent window. Dross shifted out , quality brought in.

Definitely more things to be positive about than be negative about that's for sure. TM is stopping on he has identified the players he wanted somebody has pulled they finger out of they jacksy & made this happen. If carlsberg did close seasons after the horror show last campaign.

3 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

From BBC sport website:

Paris St-Germain are reportedly ready to pay £199m for Barcelona forward Neymar.

That's £199m for one player. Just let that sink in.

Rovers have thrown £130m down the toilet and lost all their decent players. Just let that sink in.

He will earn £515,000 a week AFTER TAX. That is messed up. How long before all this money and all this ridiculous spending in football becomes unsustainable? Or will it only increase? Crazy stuff either way, if them bloody Walker Trustees hadn't got rid and we'd have remained in the Prem they'd be absolutely quids in by now from all the TV money and we'd still be watching our team in the Prem. Travesty. 

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

I think the real misconception is that modern players are fitter because they are (undoubtedly) quicker which makes for a faster game but I don't believe that their general fitness was any better or worse. In 1995 I became a football league referee and it was just before the advent of conditioning coaches, sports scientists and nutritionists. I saw at first hand the game getting quicker with the influence of the aforementioned but in my opinion the general fitness levels were just as good.

I think players are much more brittle now. It could be that they are conditioned towards their absolute best, when in the past, people were strong and fit but not forced to that extreme point.

2 hours ago, Phil T said:

Looking around on here, I see a lot of expectation, but no belief. I guess that's about right for us at the moment.

The majority of us are waiting for the rug (namely Lenihan and Mulgrew) to be pulled from under us. If that doesn't happen, I suppose we want results and lots of them. If they come, then we'll believe...until the next transfer window and we'll be apprehensive for another month.  As it stands, we have a very competitive looking side and an actual manager but 7 years of suicidal decision making makes me more than wary.

Still want Lucas Joao back on a transfer, seems to have been omitted from the last friendly for Sheff Wed.

Would score for fun in league 1.

Still need a left winger too, if Man City are loaning out the Javiaro Dilrosun, would love to grab him for a year. Quick, skillful left winger. Prob listed for loan.

Another Striker and a left winger and I think we are set for season.

5 hours ago, meadows said:

I once had the pleasure of spending time with Ian Callaghan on holiday we met on the plane & shared a hotel...and many beers!

i idolised that Liverpool side

He said no one would ever date or dream of asking for a night off if they were at home say to Scunthorpe in the League Cup. 

It was perceived as a sign of weakness which could allow some hungry young stand-in a chance   

Nice to hear but this is another thread that is being wrongly used to talk about stuff from decades ago.

New GK is meh but at least has some experience.

I like TM but people should remember that he effectively has two relegations on his CV for last season.

16 players out - 7 in.

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Nice to hear but this is another thread that is being wrongly used to talk about stuff from decades ago.

New GK is meh but at least has some experience.

I like TM but people should remember that he effectively has two relegations on his CV for last season.

16 players out - 7 in.

A lot of us are expecting due to the size and stature of the club  but not believing thanks to. Venkys in the 1st instance a  thread bare squad and a manager whom you rightly pointed out as effectively two relegations last season on his CV.. 

Top two is a must but like I've previously stated if we were a normal club it would happen without a doubt 

14 hours ago, meadows said:

City were the highest spenders in the old First Division by some distance when they went down to the third tier 

IMG_6360.PNG

I was always under the impression that Francis Lee had took the risk of building an extension on the stadium and the consequence of that was years of penny pinching. Whilst they signed a lot of players that year they also got rid of a few. The turnover of managers they had was comparable to ourselves now. In fact, saving the stadium extension, their plight in the 90s is not so different from ours. 

It was only when Bernstein came in that their fortunes changed. I guess owners have more of an impact on the club that some seem to think.

12 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

I suppose if we play against 18yr olds  every week we would win the league.(being mischievous)

They've the best midfield. Jacobs is quality at this level, Powell and Morsy is a lower Championship partnership so should stand out whilst in Grigg they've 25 goals from someone likely to stay fit all year. They need a goalie and a bit of pace on the left hand side but they should walk it.

5 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

They've the best midfield. Jacobs is quality at this level, Powell and Morsy is a lower Championship partnership so should stand out whilst in Grigg they've 25 goals from someone likely to stay fit all year. They need a goalie and a bit of pace on the left hand side but they should walk it.

We've got all that. We will smash Wigan and their Burnley B'st@rd manager.

UP THE ROVERS, DOWN WITH NON-BELIEVERS

16 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I'm less convinced by them to be honest with you. They relied on Wildschut plenty when they last came up, who doesn't seem to have been replaced. Power was a big player for them too, and even though he's got bags of quality at this level, not sure if Powell has ever really shown the consistency you need for a top of the league finish.

I know we've got huge problems of our own, but there's no way I'd swap squads with Wigan.

8 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I'm less convinced by them to be honest with you. They relied on Wildschut plenty when they last came up, who doesn't seem to have been replaced. Power was a big player for them too, and even though he's got bags of quality at this level, not sure if Powell has ever really shown the consistency you need for a top of the league finish.

I know we've got huge problems of our own, but there's no way I'd swap squads with Wigan.

Wigans wage bill is almost half of ours. The new cap for them is 5k per week hence Bogle is being shifted.

Theyve a younger and more technical team, Power is ok. He's not on the level as Morsy or Powell though. Hel be of to Brentford I suspect.

Your right about Yanic but he didn't hit off straight away, Powell should replace his goals but as I alluded to above they need pace on the left hand side which is currently missing.

10 hours ago, Pedro said:

The majority of us are waiting for the rug (namely Lenihan and Mulgrew) to be pulled from under us. If that doesn't happen, I suppose we want results and lots of them. If they come, then we'll believe...until the next transfer window and we'll be apprehensive for another month.  As it stands, we have a very competitive looking side and an actual manager but 7 years of suicidal decision making makes me more than wary.

I think some of the over-confident aren't aware that there's another four weeks of the transfer window to go.

Lenihan is a goner. Only a matter of time. There is absolutely no way that we will be replacing him with someone of equal, or better, quality.

With regards to Wigan I see that they have a good solid team that will be competitive. Do i believe they have the best squad in League One? No absolutely not...Should we keep the squad the way it is we are the team that has no excuses and that should walk away with the League this year. Our starting 11 is the strongest by a mile. 

3 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

With regards to Wigan I see that they have a good solid team that will be competitive. Do i believe they have the best squad in League One? No absolutely not...Should we keep the squad the way it is we are the team that has no excuses and that should walk away with the League this year. Our starting 11 is the strongest by a mile. 

We will see soon enough!  ?

MONEY IN: 500k for Steele.

MONEY OUT: 750k on Dack, 100k on Gladwin, 200k on Samuel, 75k on Leutwiler. 

Thats £1,125,000 spent - net +625,000. 

Theres no way we aren't seeing those level out. Someone goes.

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Wigans wage bill is almost half of ours. The new cap for them is 5k per week hence Bogle is being shifted.

Theyve a younger and more technical team, Power is ok. He's not on the level as Morsy or Powell though. Hel be of to Brentford I suspect.

Your right about Yanic but he didn't hit off straight away, Powell should replace his goals but as I alluded to above they need pace on the left hand side which is currently missing.

Wigan where the worst side I seen at Ewood last season.They where absolutely terrible last season 

Archived