BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Doncaster Rovers

Just now, funny-old-game said:

Venky's have created this mess!!!!!!!

I completely agree with that, but taking last Saturday and Today just on a pure football basis and two individual games the fault lies purely with the manager and the players / squad he has assembled. 

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the pundits on the radio who knows the lower leagues well, said a week before the season started, that

Mowbray was the wrong type of manager for the 3rd Division.

Looks like he's being proved right, it's not just about 2 bad results for me, it's the manner of the defeats.

Get the guy from Rochdale in next week, he works miracles on an absolute shoestring.

Honeymoon period well and truly finished for TM - He has a chance to turn it around with two tough games now, if he doesn't I can't see there being a future for him here

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I could not find the Match Centre on iFollow on my phone to buy a match pass today.

I am so so fecking happy about that.

Don't be so bloody selfish, be miserable like the rest of us, if you subscribe now you can just press the restart button and relive it all :)

All the signs are there, that this is just not going to end well. I honestly don't believe that any manager could come here and turn the club around. You need proper direction form the top, not a message every six months to say how committed they are. Either they go, or this club, will literally disappear, its as serious as that.

Just now, MGPensioner said:

He had a chance to turn it round last season !

His form was near on play off form last season, Coyle got us relegated. He seems comfortable setting up teams to defend and battle etc, however when we are the team who should be taking the game to the opposition he struggles.

Same old same old, we are going to get to the end of the season scratting about for goal difference or others results to keep us up. Seems the mindset is, never mind we have got plenty of time until the end of the season, didn`t do us any good last season not going to do us good this season. The manager and players need to get their fingers out.

2 minutes ago, Brian-Potter said:

I completely agree with that, but taking last Saturday and Today just on a pure football basis and two individual games the fault lies purely with the manager and the players / squad he has assembled. 

It's the whole infra-structure of the club. There just isn't one.

I think the pictures of the shambolic half time warm up routines summed it up. The whole club is rudderless. 

Obviously the buck stops with the manager but where is his backup ? the whole ambience of the club is one of failure and apathy. The players' and the manger's body language already reflect this. 

I don't think Mowbray is the man for the job but I don't think there is a man for this job. Everything else has to change first

Disgraceful, today I am ashamed to be a Blackburn rovers fan and I've never been able to say that in 50 years.

No heart, no desire, pussying out of 50-50's running along side the ball with no intention of sticking a foot in.  Absolutely shocking.  We got rid of Lowe we now have abiut 9 of him, back back back sideways back.

Mowbary's players.  I don't think this fella can cut it in this league.  I bet he is having a Deja Vu moment a la Coventry.  I feel bad for those who had to pay for that.  We can't even take a corner, our free kicks in their half go backward.  Shoot we are.in a real real mess.

12 minutes ago, Doaksie said:

It's just our natural place. This is how football always was, with the ups and downs. I remember in 1979 when Howard Kendall picked a strange formation once. How did this sand get in my ears?

Passive aggressive bs. Such a witty man aren't we?

1 minute ago, lraC said:

All the signs are there, that this is just not going to end well. I honestly don't believe that any manager could come here and turn the club around. You need proper direction form the top, not a message every six months to say how committed they are. Either they go, or this club, will literally disappear, its as serious as that.

Ffs irac we can't change the ownership, unless you've got a magic @#/? wand. Why keep going on about it, that's at least two posts today.

Cant we have a match thread that discusses THE ACTUAL MATCH, whether win draw or lose? 

Tony has lost a lot of respect from me for today, hopeless setup - Williams, Whittingham, Graham and a few more massively underperformed. The individual mistakes are killer ones, especially frigging "Ashley" Wards fantastic through ball just after half time.

As for Raya- that mistake was horrendous. I wasn't steeles biggest fan, but I can't remember him making mistakes like that one.

...and what did it come from? A long clearance over the top... none of the pass it round the back crap we played.

Can only think of a couple of positives, things need to change fast. 

Archived