BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers FC v Plymouth Argyle FC

Terrible result. I like Tony Mowbray but what is tonight about? Talking about going on a good run. When is that going to happen? 14 points off the top of the table and it is only October. That's says it all. If that is the best we can do we won't have a hope of beating Portsmouth at the weekend. Extremely disappointed. Think tonight has cemented us into League one for a few years. Am not one to jump to conclusions but seems that there is no fluency in the team and no creativity. But what is most disappointing is the fact that we have no one to grab the game by the neck and make it ours. We lack guts. Very didappointing

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I honestly don't think I can keep following us as much. It's making me feel sick. We are such a joke of a club at the moment 

I had this once Coyle turned up. Just enjoy the lads and beers these days. Football secondary 

4 minutes ago, sambo said:

Think Mowbray has to do the honourable thing (like at Coventry) and walk.

Dont forget that he's got to take Lowe and Venus with him.

Agents out !

Was that the terrible Songoo playing for Plymouth tonight ?

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Too negative. Too concerned about the opposition. Too cautious to blood the youngsters who continuously show up our over paid dross. I could go on.

If you drilled your own team very well then why bother about the others

Just now, JAL said:

Dont forget that he's got to take Lowe and Venus with him.

Agents out !

Was that the terrible Songoo playing for Plymouth tonight ?

Jal dont't start with the agents please, I can't take any of that tonight

2 minutes ago, AAK said:

No point in looking at Wigan pal, that's well beyond us, best we can hope to scrape this season is 6th. Team isn't good enough, signings have been horrendous and the manager who wont be sacked, doesnt have a plan b, and his plan A is up for debate

After Mowbray walks, still think a new guy could get this team out of this bloody awful league, new strker in January, Lenihan back.

Of course it all depends on who the Venksters bring in.

Dreadful. Utterly devoid of ideas. Every attacking ball or move was totally predictable. 

One moment of quality in the game was Graham’s through ball for Dack to score. That and Raya’s save towards the end. 

No chance of this side being promoted if this is the approach we are going to adopt. 

Dominance 2nd half should have finished it, credit to Plymouth blocked almost everything & intercepted well the crossing was poor underhit or overhit, Graham was a waste of time can't remember him doing much, dack Mom I think, caddis didn't have a bad game overall, rayas kicking woeful.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bolton who finished 2nd last season lost 10 games. 

Burton who finished 2nd the season before lost 11 games. Wigan lost 7 games and won the league

Mk Dons who finished 2nd the season before lost 9 games. Bristol City lost 5 games won the league

The squad will start gelling more and we will start getting more used to this league. 

When do you think this will happen Chaddy?

I thought we were bad at Oldham on Saturday but never in my worst nightmares could I envisage us failing to beat a rock bottom Plymouth, who have only won one league game all season, at home.

There can be little doubt now that Mowbray has to go.  I think his hands on the reigns are already slipping.  When I saw that starting 11 tonight my first thought was Mowbray had not picked the team.  I might be wrong but it feels to me that something isn't right at Brockhall/Ewood.

He has to go. Chapman is streets ahead of any other wide player we have and cant get more than 20 mins.

Of the starters Dack is the only one who shows a bit of fight and who attempts to move to receive the ball. Scores and gets taken off.

Generally our build up play is horribly slow and predictable. Side to side and played in front of the massed opposition defence.

If you havent got a birth certificate which predates 1992 you seemingly wont be considered for selection. In particular Nuttall is scoring for fun whilst the senior strikers toil and misfire and he cant even get on the bench.

Not good enough.

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

Would Joe Nuttall score Gladwins chance? 90% sure he does 

Great call Tony

Not too sure what the reason is for not giving him a chance and starting with Chapman too. Someone suggested today that it was no good giving Nuttall a chance as we don't create enough, so he will have nothing to finish. With him scoring as many as he does, I don't think anyone would moan, if he was given a go, even if he failed. Surely Mowbray must realise this by now and give him his debut on Saturday 

Archived