BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS VS WIGAN

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

But you can lose a lot !

lost 4 games, we've won 7 :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

And Cook inherited arguably a bigger crock of shyte than Rovers' mogadon man.  He knew what he was walking into and is delivering big time.

I have zero confidence that Mowbray is capable of delivering and that is based on what HE HAS DONE since arriving at Rovers 30+ games ago.

Funny how nobody mentioned Cooke until Wigan went top, it was all Shrewsbury and Bradford - Name changes to suit the argument, fools nobody with half a brain.

You need to cast your mind back to your mate Coyle 12 months ago and how bad we were then, that should give you some perspective and I see you ignored the Allardyce stat, you'd have had him out by your standards today.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dunnfc said:

Who's been in the shadows since day one? Suhail

Why do managers Coyle (Sheron), Lambert and Mowbray all get represented by HSH Sports?

HSH being all the old SEM crowd. Now it looks to me as if all Suhail does is call up and take advice from this crowd or meeting them on motorways.

This stink remains and will never leave until Venkys do, maybe shock horror not even then !

Any new gaffer will be from the usual client lists, will be desperate and will be long odds and I think some would need to live on another planet not realise this. Same old circles going around and around to the benefit of the same set of 'advisers'.

In reality with TM what we have is the best of a bad bunch otherwise hmmm, what's wee Doogie up to these days :blink:

Just now, tomphil said:

This stink remains and will never leave until Venkys do, maybe shock horror not even then !

Any new gaffer will be from the usual client lists, will be desperate and will be long odds and I think some would need to live on another planet not realise this. Same old circles going around and around to the benefit of the same set of 'advisers'.

In reality with TM what we have is the best of a bad bunch otherwise hmmm, what's wee Doogie up to these days :blink:

I refuse to believe good managers wouldn't want to come here. But we get the wash ups like messrs Coyle and Mowbray.

Freedman is DoF at Palace.

2 hours ago, 47er said:

Where's the 80 goals that TM said we needed coming from? He said it, not me.

Well we won’t get them without a positive mindset from the manager and players from the first minute until the last minute in every game of the season. 

Im not in a position to comment on any of the games so far, but it seems from reading many posters on here, that that isn’t happening. Think about the great Lpool and Man U sides, thing about Barca and virtually any other team who have been successful over any lengthy period. They go out to WIN every game. Now you don’t need to have the best players to approach games in that manner, - it’s a mindset without which those teams wouldn’t have succeeded. 

Its only league one. There are no teams to be scared of here. There are no Arsenal’s or any club that we should be giving ground to. All boils down to the manager and his approach.

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Funny how nobody mentioned Cooke until Wigan went top, it was all Shrewsbury and Bradford - Name changes to suit the argument, fools nobody with half a brain.

You need to cast your mind back to your mate Coyle 12 months ago and how bad we were then, that should give you some perspective and I see you ignored the Allardyce stat, you'd have had him out by your standards today.

Think I may have been the only one and said at same time Wigan to run away with the league and Chey Dunkley to be signing of the season.

• J*B unpinned this topic
1 minute ago, OJRovers said:

Looking back Smallwood was really good again, broke up so many attacks and was good in possession. Player of the season so far. Massive improvement on anyone we've had in CM for a while now. 

Misses next game though

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

Tony will be fairly re-appraised end of November. By then it will be 20 played and no games in hand.

Top 2 is ONLY target.

3rd is not acceptable.

OK the ref was bad yesterday but these things even themselves out over the whole season. If we fail then it will be because of Tony's management week in week out.

Just as last season we didnt get relegated because Huddersfield played a weak side.

Our overall position in the league was made worse yesterday so without a shadow of a doubt it was a bad result and 2 (more) points dropped !

Strangely enough if Huddersfield had won the game in question we would have stayed up and TM lauded a miracle worker.

I've not said it was the sole reason for our relegation which it most certainly wasn't.

It was however one of the stranger occurences in the sequence of events that put us down.

Stats, stats and more damm lies.

50 minutes ago, Ozz said:

At the supporters meeting at Ewood I asked Cheston the direct question on who hires and fires the manager to which he confirmed it was the Raos back in India.

Which tells is absolutely nothing because I don't believe Balaji sits there skimming through job applications and then flies candidates over to conduct interviews.

55 minutes ago, den said:

Well we won’t get them without a positive mindset from the manager and players from the first minute until the last minute in every game of the season. 

Im not in a position to comment on any of the games so far, but it seems from reading many posters on here, that that isn’t happening. Think about the great Lpool and Man U sides, thing about Barca and virtually any other team who have been successful over any lengthy period. They go out to WIN every game. Now you don’t need to have the best players to approach games in that manner, - it’s a mindset without which those teams wouldn’t have succeeded. 

Its only league one. There are no teams to be scared of here. There are no Arsenal’s or any club that we should be giving ground to. All boils down to the manager and his approach.

Disagree there den to be fair, At the end of the season when the points stack up all the maths permutations come into play that point yesterday could come to be very useful, flipside - go gung-ho walk away with nothing, in fairness you could argue the 3 would have been more beneficial had the approach been different. Analysis on every opponent game to game is imperative & setup accordingly.

19 minutes ago, Gav said:

Coyley is not my mate - seems like you are another who succumbed to the tongue in cheek stuff!

How you measure success/performance is relative as a man of your experience should know.  

Joining a club on the verge of plummeting out of the PL and keeping them up that season is a huge success   Big Sam did it with Rovers, Sunderland and Palace.

Mowbray was appointed to keep us in the Championship and failed.

Mowbray had been given a free hand to get us out of League 1 and at the moment we are stuttering unconvincingly along.  IMV, Mowbray's best days as a manager are gone and it's time this was recognised and we took a hard nosed business view of this.

24 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Yes, it was only his 4th booking. We could actually do with him getting booked in the Fleetwood game so he misses the cup match.

I wrongly had yesterday as his fifth yellow.

15 minutes ago, J*B said:

Great to see we’re back to the ‘Howard Kendall got us promoted despite a bad start’ way of thinking. 

But it is a fact.  A bad start doesn't always mean a bad finish.  Heaven knows we had enough seasons in the past in the old Second Division when we were top at Christmas only to fall away later.  The only position that matters is the one you finish in come May.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

But it is a fact.  A bad start doesn't always mean a bad finish.  Heaven knows we had enough seasons in the past in the old Second Division when we were top at Christmas only to fall away later.  The only position that matters is the one you finish in come May.

So nobody should ever sack a manager mid-season? Good job nobody told Jack that when we appointed Kenny.

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

So nobody should ever sack a manager mid-season? Good job nobody told Jack that when we appointed Kenny.

We are seventh for heaven's sake.  It's not like we are struggling at the foot of the table.  And according to many on here the play-offs is failure - so I assume they mean Jack and Kenny failed by only grabbing the final play-off place on the last day of the season.  The forum is becoming more and more like a Man Utd forum - the sense of entitlement prevails at all times.  No club is entitled to anything in football - whatever you achieve usually comes with stability and hard work.  Sacking managers every five minutes rarely achieves anything but failure.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

We are seventh for heaven's sake.  It's not like we are struggling at the foot of the table.  And according to many on here the play-offs is failure - so I assume they mean Jack and Kenny failed by only grabbing the final play-off place on the last day of the season.  The forum is becoming more and more like a Man Utd forum - the sense of entitlement prevails at all times.  No club is entitled to anything in football - whatever you achieve usually comes with stability and hard work.  Sacking managers every five minutes rarely achieves anything but failure.

Spot on :tu:

3 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Tony Mowbray - If I don't get this team promoted I'm not much of a coach

Tony Mowbray - I expect to be sacked if I don't get promoted

Tell me again where the 'sense of entitlement' prevails.

Lashing out at fans, as you are want to do when you get presented with the facts, doesn't make your argument any better. Comparing this to a Manure forum is just crass. And I think one person on here has called for his sacking as far as I can see? As for 'stability', should we have kept Coyle?

The real problem here is that we keep appointing managers off the ;out of work and cheap' list. Doing that rarely achieves anything but failure.

1 hour ago, Bluebarley said:

Disagree there den to be fair, At the end of the season when the points stack up all the maths permutations come into play that point yesterday could come to be very useful, flipside - go gung-ho walk away with nothing, in fairness you could argue the 3 would have been more beneficial had the approach been different. Analysis on every opponent game to game is imperative & setup accordingly.

I’m not talking about going gang ho, or throwing caution to the wind. I’m talking about positivity of thought, of believing that anything less than a win before a game is acceptable. A lot of posters on here don’t think Mowbray has that mindset and  it shows in his team selections and game plans.

20 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Tony Mowbray - If I don't get this team promoted I'm not much of a coach

Tony Mowbray - I expect to be sacked if I don't get promoted

Tell me again where the 'sense of entitlement' prevails.

Lashing out at fans, as you are want to do when you get presented with the facts, doesn't make your argument any better. Comparing this to a Manure forum is just crass. And I think one person on here has called for his sacking as far as I can see? As for 'stability', should we have kept Coyle?

The real problem here is that we keep appointing managers off the ;out of work and cheap' list. Doing that rarely achieves anything but failure.

Nobody is lashing out at fans, he's posting an opinion, stop being so melodramatic.

As for only one person calling for his sacking, absolute bunkum, its all over the match threads week in week out when we lose or draw.

If he's failed to get us promoted at the end of the season then posters will have some grounds to call for his head, but until then such a remark will remain idiotic in my opinion.

Archived