Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
40 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Don’t be a smart ass I know a lot of folk are tired about hearing about Jason bloody Lowe 

Why don't you all stop mentioning him then, the rest of us have!

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Take Mulgrew out of that list... all of a sudden it looks very makeshift and weak (until Lenihan is match fit).

No more so than any other team in this division, though. We can worry about our CB situation in the summer when hopefully we're preparing for the Championship again. 

57 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Don’t be a smart ass I know a lot of folk are tired about hearing about Jason bloody Lowe 

Your the first person to mention Jason Bloody Lowe , Think it is Jason Lowe that we can not mention in bigdogssteel's transfer thread

Holy crap, I take back what I said about the site being palatable...Made up transfer stories with a “pas agg” tone really do grind the gears.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Why would we sell our best player to Fulham who finished below us? Because the club was in serious financial jeopardy Why would we sell Hanley and Duffy to rivals just weeks before the window shut? Because the club was in serious financial jeopardy. Why would we rake in £30 million+ in fees and spend £300,000 on a left back? Because the club was in serious financial jeopardy

All questions that surely don't have logical answers.

Seems pretty logical to me. However, selling someone who is essentially leading us back to twice the profit in Prem payments to Championship alone, compared League one, seems very illogical.

3 minutes ago, Tormund said:

You lot still going about this clown? Why are you convinced it’s going to happen? Mowbray would have kept him if he wanted him to stay.

According to some on here Mowbray wanted to keep him and he was offered a new deal on reduced terms but turned it down 

38 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Concerning - but the Burnley link makes me think it’s someone being cheeky.

Classic rule, unless it’s in either local rag it’s probably nonsense.

I’d ban all links from sports keeda, team talk, football fan cast, insider and all the other copy and paste merchants. Click bait.

Be nice if we could hear something like this from Venkys;

"We have become aware of rumours concerning interest from other clubs in some of our star players. While the interest is a compliment to the great work Tony is doing at our club and to the skill and application of the players themselves, we, the owners, would like to assure our loyal fans that no contracted players  will be sold in this transfer window unless the manager deems them surplus to requirements.

No amount of money could compensate for the inevitable derailing of our promotion campaign and we assure fans that this squad will remain intact."

Some statement like this would do a lot for morale around the club but sadly the Raos have never been able to rise to the occasion.

Archived