BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I do but I never said I dont; on the same topic though, I am allowed my opinions, we may aswell remove the whole topic if our mindset is unequiovical trust.

Mowbrays made a few bad signings, Gladwin and Samuel to name but 2. Potential rumours are worthy of discussion, I feel the Chapman deal would be sentimental and a big risk considering the type of player he is and the injuries hes suffered. 

sentimental on what grounds? 

big risk? every signing or every managerial appointment is a risk so why bother making them then? 

Every manager made bad signings even the great Sir Alex Ferguson or Bobby Robson made bad signings. 

I wouldn't say Samuel has been bad signings as he has scored 5 goals and had positive impact on the season. He hasn't been a regular in the starting line up since Christmas due to the form of Dack and Graham. 

in other news I don't think Payne is signing permanently here after his latest tweet. 

• Backroom
Just now, JAL said:

How can anyone trust Mowbray and these alleged scouts when theyve delivered garbage like Gladwin, Leutwiler ,Caddis, Samuel and so on......

Because they've also delivered Dack, Smallwood, Bell, Armstrong and arguably Chapman...

Not to mention Samuel delivered us 9 points on his own.

Edited by Mike E

2 minutes ago, JAL said:

How can anyone trust Mowbray and these alleged scouts when theyve delivered garbage like Gladwin, Leutwiler ,Caddis, Samuel and so on......

I can. Because for every couple of Samuels and Gladwins, there's been a couple of Dacks and Smallwoods. We've had a good season and the majority of players have done well. I think Mowbray's earned a bit of trust and leeway in the next window. If we're 24th and his signings are doing shoite by time December comes round, by all means slag him off. But right now, as the great George once said, you gotta have faith a faith a faith..

Edited by BiggusMickus
added quote

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

sentimental on what grounds? 

big risk? every signing or every managerial appointment is a risk so why bother making them then? 

Every manager made bad signings even the great Sir Alex Ferguson or Bobby Robson made bad signings. 

I wouldn't say Samuel has been bad signings as he has scored 5 goals and had positive impact on the season. He hasn't been a regular in the starting line up since Christmas due to the form of Dack and Graham. 

in other news I don't think Payne is signing permanently here after his latest tweet. 

Hes a likeable lad, hes already popular here in a way not many are after starting 1 game for the club, seems a good fit in the dressing room. And hes an exciting type of player, or was pre injuries.

Some players are bigger risks than others. Obviously. A player reliant on pace becomes much more of a risk after the injury he had. We arent limited to only signing former players.

I never said that managers shouldnt make poor signings. I was just debunking your comment suggesting I should trust Mowbray when I never said I didnt.

Samuel is crap. Agree to disagree.

Just now, BiggusMickus said:

I can. Because for every couple of Samuels and Gladwins, there's been a couple of Dacks and Smallwoods. We've had a good season and the majority of players have done well. I think Mowbray's earned a bit of trust and leeway in the next window. If we're 24th and his signings are doing shoite by time December comes round, by all means slag him off. But right now, as the great George once said, you gotta have faith a faith a faith..

He has earnt some trust. Signings are a mixed bag but 1 or 2 stand out as excellent.

Judge each signing on his individual merits surely would be the mantra.

2 hours ago, AJW said:

My guess is Chapman will still be at Boro come August because Rovers won't agree to that , he'll hardly get a kick under Pulis and will be back at Rovers on loan under our say so 

I wouldn't agree to it either. He needs to come for a set period of time on loan or not at all. I think the juries out on wether he'll ever be injury free again. They are serious injuries for a player who relies on pace.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Hes a likeable lad, hes already popular here in a way not many are after starting 1 game for the club, seems a good fit in the dressing room. And hes an exciting type of player, or was pre injuries.

Some players are bigger risks than others. Obviously. A player reliant on pace becomes much more of a risk after the injury he had. We arent limited to only signing former players.

I never said that managers shouldnt make poor signings. I was just debunking your comment suggesting I should trust Mowbray when I never said I didnt.

Samuel is crap. Agree to disagree.

I never said we should only sign former players did I? 

I trust Mowbray a lot more than any other managers we had since Mark Hughes. 

Completely disagree on Samuel and think you are being harsh on him. 

32 minutes ago, JAL said:

You laugh Caddy but he does talk sense here. Dack, Smalwood and who else has proved to be a good perm signing? Whittingham, Hart (or whatever his name is, so bad i dont care), Caddis, Samuel and Gladwin. 

Dack, Smallwood and possibly Downing, thats like 30% success rate.  

• Backroom
Just now, JacknOry said:

You laugh Caddy but he does talk sense here. Dack, Smalwood and who else has proved to be a good perm signing? Whittingham, Hart (or whatever his name is, so bad i dont care), Caddis, Samuel and Gladwin. 

So about as good as most managers...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

I fear that we haven’t seen the last of Gladwin. He needs to go the same way as Sam Hart.

43 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Correct and some say trust him at an empty Ewood Park.

Edited by JAL

• Backroom
8 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Come on - im not even slating here. Just trying to level out the love-in.

There are certainly aspects he can improve, and transfers for us need to be good.

But I still say about 1/3 good signings is about right (possibly better) as an average.

Even Fergus made some real clangers.

23 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd seen him play before he came to Rovers and I thought he had it all.  I thought Souness had bought a replica of himself. What went wrong I don't know but the guy could play no mistake. I'd seen him run international games for Rangers and Scotland. Obviously he never really settled and just as he was showing some form he got a really bad injury.

Ferguson openly admitted he felt he'd made a mistake in signing for Rovers, he could'nt settle and wanted to go back home more or less straight away

1 hour ago, pomster said:

Ferguson openly admitted he felt he'd made a mistake in signing for Rovers, he could'nt settle and wanted to go back home more or less straight away

Ya, he really had a lot of adapting to do. Coming from the tropical climates of Glasgow to a couple of hundred miles down the road. Maybe more efforts should have been made with language classes and cultural training 

• Like 2

Because he and his mates had acheived what they set out to do. FLeece Rovers and save Rangers with the cash. Never was going to stay.

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever

He openly admitted it after he had been a bit of a failure down south. Face saving after he wasn't the big deal he thought he was and the Prem was too much for him.

• Backroom
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Tbf the two things Evans has going for him are:

1. He performs well for NI.

2. He's never played under a proper manager here before Mowbray.

Maybe Mowbray is the man to get him right, esp' with him seemingly sorting Graham and Mulgrew's fitness this season.

Just now, Mike E said:

Tbf the two things Evans has going for him are:

1. He performs well for NI.

2. He's never played under a proper manager here before Mowbray.

Maybe Mowbray is the man to get him right, esp' with him seemingly sorting Graham and Mulgrew's fitness this season.

Lambert rated him enough to give him a three year deal. It was the only time that Evans was consistant while he has been at Ewood. It is the annoying thing about him is that there is potential there. Still think there is a question about his core fitness as he always looks knackered after an hour.

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

In my opinion it's all about how high the bar is set with Evans. Generally I think it has been pretty low in his time thus far but in fairness he has risen slightly above that recently. For me we can massively improve on him without necessarily signing anybody.