BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oxford Utd at home

• Backroom
Just now, bboy said:

My 2 cent.

Live in Ireland and yesterday was only my second live game of the season.

Very entertaining game good atmosphere. Ruined by the pitch invasions which just killed the whole mood in the stadium.

How can Grown adults with more then 2 brain cells think it's a good idea. If it was any of you on this board you really need to grow up and God help you in life. You will need it.

Rant Over

That was the thing for me as well, great party atmosphere turned to one of hostility  pretty Sharpish 

Glad they came back out and recaptured the feeling the players deserved that 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idiots and scum who ran on the pitch despite at least 6 requests during the game showed yourselves to nothing more than disrespectful scum. It’s as simple as that ruining the clubs return to the second tier and taking the gloss of what has been a tremendous season.

seeing grown men sliding around was so funny but it just epitomised what thick prats they are.

end of rant season over job done

enjoy summer my friends

Just now, Tom said:

As an aside a lad I know by association shared a Facebook photo of his daughter on the pitch saying first time they’d been to Ewood and on the pitch.

Bet the vast majority were similar, we wouldn’t miss a single one of them if they didn’t come back.

Who's we? If you mean the club then you're wrong. They'd miss the money. The team would miss the support. Yeaterdays atmosphere was incredible. It was lIke it was 20 odd years ago.  It wouldn't always be as good as that but then there wouldn't be pitch invasions every week. 

A lot of 'fans' who turned up yesterday will only be back regularly if we are ever back in the Prem. Who doesn't want that?

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Just in spirit then.

If you all thought that hundreds of people pouring on to the pitch while the game was still playing and with Rovers in attack was great fun then you need to give your heads a wobble.

Not like you to miss the point...

It was a pitch invasion, it shouldn't have happened and was quickly dealt with, end of discussion, move on.

Ewood was a picture yesterday, tremendous scenes, I'm still buzzing now, that's where my focus is.

Just now, Gav said:

It was a pitch invasion, it shouldn't have happened and was quickly dealt with, end of discussion, move on.

Ewood was a picture yesterday, tremendous scenes, I'm still buzzing now, that's where my focus is.

No problem with any of that Gav.

I do have a problem with people defending the unwelcome pitch invasion.

Couldn't make it yesterday for a variety of reasons - was the club making an effort to keep these 15,000 returning fans  eg, handing out fliers for next season, season ticket promotions etc ? 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Couldn't make it yesterday for a variety of reasons - was the club making an effort to keep these 15,000 returning fans  eg, handing out fliers for next season, season ticket promotions etc ? 

No, not as far as I could see. You got a free car/window sticker if you bought a programme though.

At Doncaster the majority of Rovers fans didn't want the pitch invasion. Yesterday it was about 95% who didn't want it.

The 5% didn't care in the slightest about anybody else. 

Now if we had just scored to go up, or confirmed it as we had at Doncaster, I could understand why it might happen. However it was pre-meditated (again) with many people just taking pictures of themselves and goading anyone who objected. It wasnt celebratory. It was doing something you shouldn't for the sake of it.

The idiots have done it twice and got a taste of it. If they come on when we score against Millwall on a Tuesday night next season should we accept it then as well.

Just now, renrag said:

In effect what you seem to say is that 15,000 extra fans should not be welcomed, because a small amount of idiots out of that  number, went on the pitch before the game ended

That is not what I am saying ??

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I do have a problem with people defending the unwelcome pitch invasion.

Now Stuart you are acting just like those who took upbridge with your assertion that TM belittled the league title and got all straw man.

Nobody is justifying the invasion (in fact nobody can justify an invasion before the whistle), people are just saying "It Happens"

Just now, Mattyblue said:

What do you reckon jim?

They aren’t even putting them on sale till Wednesday!

They knew earlier last week we were getting 25k plus for the match. It would have been easy to have produced thousands of fliers in a few days.

Management failure.  

44 minutes ago, Gav said:

Sorry arbritro but it was dealt with, and the game finished, and the celebrations started, no harm done and I couldn't careless about any fines that may come out way to be honest.

I also think this label of everyone being pissed, part timers, we don't want them at our club reeks of snobbery. 

It was a great occasion, as was Doncaster, and a few moaning sods on a messageboard wont change that. 

Did the reaction of the masses not tell you something Gav? The booing, chanting from fans who were disappointed by the boorish behaviour?

Clearly you condone that but that is your prerogative.

Just now, Hasta said:

At Doncaster the majority of Rovers fans didn't want the pitch invasion. Yesterday it was about 95% who didn't want it.

The 5% didn't care in the slightest about anybody else. 

Now if we had just scored to go up, or confirmed it as we had at Doncaster, I could understand why it might happen. However it was pre-meditated (again) with many people just taking pictures of themselves and goading anyone who objected. It wasnt celebratory. It was doing something you shouldn't for the sake of it.

The idiots have done it twice and got a taste of it. If they come on when we score against Millwall on a Tuesday night next season should we accept it then as well.

I saw a bloke jump over the hoardings to take a photo of his three kids stood on the pitch. After the announcements to leave the field of play.

When he got back he gave abuse to anyone who objected and then his equally self-entitled other half joined in. It was the complete opposite of what he clearly thought was a good dad moment.

Just now, arbitro said:

Did the reaction of the masses not tell you something Gav? The booing, chanting from fans who were disappointed by the boorish behaviour?

Some would say the angry contorted faces screaming:

'keaners keaners keaners' 

'Where were you when we were shit' 

Is far more boorish than fans on the pitch.....

I've just walked outside of the hotel, first thing I see, 5 kids playing football in Rovers shirts, tremendous.

The suns shining and Blackburn looks a picture, it's been a superb few days and I wouldn't have missed any of it for the world. 

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Much ado about nothing.

Would rather see our own supporters on the Ewood pitch celebrating than say 10,000 Man City fans....have people forgotten?

The players did their lap of honour with the families..all was well.

Nail. Hammer. Head.

We are up. Forget it. Enjoy it. 

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

I chanted... just like I did at Doncaster. Powerless.. So selfish.

The selfie/me, me, me culture. Embarrassing and irritating. As for that thick troll taking selfies with his kids!

58 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yes he was, he’s 6 and was really excited and said they ruined it, the atmosphere turned at that moment 

Tom,the atmosphere was good natured and celebratory.

I remember quite vividly being around 10 years old and stood on the BBE with my old man 80/81....rooted to the spot with fear as 100+ Chelsea Headhunters took the terrace.

That really ruined my day....your lad will get over his my friend.

Some of the holier than thou comments on here have really disappointed me.

I must admit I couldn’t really care less about people going on to the pitch. Sounds like there were delays but it all got sorted and people got to applaud the players. Eventually.

That said maybe I’m just miserable but I’ve never felt the need to go on the pitch myself in celebration. I’m sure Bradley Dack, Mulgrew et al would no more want to be cuddled by me on the pitch than I would by them.

As far as I can recall we never went on the pitch when we won the prem, we never went on the pitch when we won the league cup, we never went on the pitch got promoted to the prem twice, but 2nd in division 3 and we’re all over it all of a sudden.

The only time I’ve ever tried to get on the pitch was after the Wigan game and in a moment of sheer madness I decided I would tell or even show Steve Kean what I thought of him. Mercifully the gods of fate were smiling upon me and I tripped over my own legs and went arse about tit then as I picked myself up off the deck thought better of it in a moment of more clarity.

• Backroom

Of course he’ll get over it - he’s over it now, still ruined the moment for us, if it didn’t for you that’s fine we all see it differently 

Come on SG, you’ve always struck me as a real Rovers man, you saw no issue with people running on with the game still going?

That’s what annoyed the folk around me, as we all knew a pitch invasion was gong to happen at full time.

Trying to pretend folk on here are just killjoys is extremely disingenuous.

Just now, matt83 said:

I must admit I couldn’t really care less about people going on to the pitch. Sounds like there were delays but it all got sorted and people got to applaud the players. Eventually.

That said maybe I’m just miserable but I’ve never felt the need to go on the pitch myself in celebration. I’m sure Bradley Dack, Mulgrew et al would no more want to be cuddled by me on the pitch than I would by them.

As far as I can recall we never went on the pitch when we won the prem, we never went on the pitch when we won the league cup, we never went on the pitch got promoted to the prem twice, but 2nd in division 3 and we’re all over it all of a sudden.

The only time I’ve ever tried to get on the pitch was after the Wigan game and in a moment of sheer madness I decided I would tell or even show Steve Kean what I thought of him. Mercifully the gods of fate were smiling upon me and I tripped over my own legs and went arse about tit then as I picked myself up off the deck thought better of it in a moment of more clarity.

That night we went down against Wigan I was so so angry and upset. I wanted the whole of the crowd to get on the pitch and show the watching audience how we all felt.

When I saw these tools pouring on yesterday I immediately thought back to that night, and just as I did the rest of the crowd sang "Where were you when we were shit".

Ex-@#/?ing-zactly.

Archived