BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS v Brentford

Raya

Nyambe       Lenihan     Mulgrew       Bell                                                             

Travis         Bennett        Evans   

Dack           Rothwell

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Downing, Rodwell, Smallwood, Conway, Palmer, Nuttall

Want Bennett CM after second half Wednesday but he brings balance to the midfield out wide so would go Travis wide right to help us keep shape also I think Watkins their danger man plays left wing so can double up on him.

Give Bell freedom to push up the left flank, with Rothwell getting closer to Dack and Graham for link up play. Leaves Palmer as the main attacking option off the bench.

6 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Think this is more likely than your first selection. he might stick with Smallwood though - which i wouldnt agree with.

I think its too attacking for Mowbray, he will want Smallwood in the middle. I expect...

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Evans Smallwood
Rothwell or Palmer, Dack Bennett

DG

I think that as you have pointed out with Watkins there danger man playing wide left I fully expect Conway to start this one not what I want I think will be

Raya

Evans Bennett

Conway Palmer Rothwell

Graham

23 minutes ago, J*B said:

Lenihan is the best player in the squad for me, including Dack. Our best central midfielder and centre back. I rate Downing higher at CB than I do Bennett in CM. With it being a home game, i'd be equally happy to see...

Raya

Evans Rothwell
          Palmer Dack Bennett 
                     Graham

Lenihan definitely isn't a better player than Dack. Dack is the best, most complete player we have seen at the club since we lost our Prem status. Lenihan, meanwhile, we have barely seen in CM, and not for a long while I believe. I'm sure he'd be good there, but it is the most well stocked position on the pitch and he is streets ahead of Downing in defence. But you're entitled to your opinion, of course.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Lenihan definitely isn't a better player than Dack. Dack is the best, most complete player we have seen at the club since we lost our Prem status. Lenihan, meanwhile, we have barely seen in CM, and not for a long while I believe. I'm sure he'd be good there, but it is the most well stocked position on the pitch and he is streets ahead of Downing in defence. But you're entitled to your opinion, of course.

Agree (you'd struggle to not do, in fairness) but it'd be interesting to see how Cairney would've fared under Mowbray.

As much as we loved him and as much as Fulham absolutely rinsed us for £3million, he definitely had a tendency to missing at times when he was at Rovers, and seemed to be passing to keep his completion % up rather than trying to hurt teams. Dack vs Cairney since he left us would be a very interesting one. 

• Like 1

Dread to think what the team may be tomorrow. Could be:

Raya

Nyambe      Mulgrew    Lenihan      Bell

Bennett   Smallwood Evans     Conway

Rothwell

Graham

That team is going to struggle against Brentford and we will literally have no options off the bench, damn Rodwell might even get some minutes. Really is bare bones with potentially Palmer, Dack, Armstrong, Samuel, Davenport and Williams all out. Added to that Gladwin. We Really do need 3 or 4 players through the door ASAP, the injuries have highlighted we are still 3 or 4 short when we get injuries. Maybe it will be a good thing in the long run, might gee them up to sign some players, need to be ones who are good enough to get into the team though.

Edited by AAK

11 minutes ago, AAK said:

Raya

Rothwell

Graham

That team is going to struggle against Brentford and we will literally have no options off the bench, damn Rodwell might even get some minutes. Really is bare bones with potentially Palmer, Dack, Armstrong, Samuel, Davenport and Williams all out. Added to that Gladwin. We Really do need 3 or 4 players through the door ASAP, the injuries have highlighted we are still 3 or 4 short when we get injuries. Maybe it will be a good thing in the long run, might gee them up to sign some players, need to be ones who are good enough to get into the team though.

I think Palmer or Dack will start, meaning Rothwell can play instead of Conway or Smallwood. I wouldn't be surprised if it's instead of Conway with Travis starting instead of Smallwood. I can't see Smallwood starting 

2 hours ago, AAK said:

Raya

Rothwell

Graham

Disastrous!

Raya

Nyambe     Lenihan  Mulgrew       Bell

Smallwood Evans   

Palmer    Rothwell   Bennett

Graham 

Rodwell to come on in the 85th minute, score the winner and peel off his shirt in celebration to reveal a Newcastle one underneath. He'll then never play again.

• Like 2

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

People are giving Brentford far too much credit for me, they aren't THAT good. 

Might be worth pointing out that Maupay has scored 5 out of their 10 league goals this season, assisting 3 I believe. He is a HUGE loss for them. 

As if we lost Dack, perhaps.

27 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

People are giving Brentford far too much credit for me, they aren't THAT good. 

Might be worth pointing out that Maupay has scored 5 out of their 10 league goals this season, assisting 3 I believe. He is a HUGE loss for them. 

Biggest test of the season so far with or without Maupay. I like our team spirit though and think if we can start on the front foot, we could do something here. I predicted a few days ago 2-1 to us and will stick to it. I think Dack (probably start, feel TM might be playing them on him) will play a part and we have Palmer too. Armstrong a loss with his pace but I think that is more effective away from home. 

I would like Rothwell in CM at home, no need for two defensive CMS., 

Raya

Evans Rothwell

Bennett          Dack            Palmer

Graham

Edited by JacknOry

UpWould really love to see Rothwell start in the middle of the park tomorrow.

Doubt Tony will be brave enough though.Think we will see Smallwood again, I hope he puts in a better performance than the other night.

If there was one player I wanted to make the step up it was Smallwood.Last season I was a bit meh when he signed  but to be fair to him certainly at the start of the season he was excellent.

So far he hasn't looked great though, it's still early days but the fact he stood out for Rotheram when they were in league 1 but the next season in the championship he ended up getting sent back to league one is a worry

If he doesn't start Rothwell beside Evans then I hope he will play him in the middle of the 3 if Dack isnt fit.Was very impressed with Rothwell the other night he does look a player.

Be interesting to have a look at Davenport too when he gets fit had a good spell at Burton last season and in fairness you don't last at a big club like city till your that age if you have nothing about you teams like city, Chelsea etc have the cream of the crop and just because you don't make the grade there doesn't mean you can't be a quality championship player 

If Reed happens we are going to have another midfielder so 4 defensive types so just don't see Mowbray wanting to play Rothwell back in midfield

Edited by islander200

11 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Can’t believe people are putting Bennett out wide. Have we not learned anything? Do people watch games?

Doesn't matter what we think he won't be Mowbray's choice to play in centre midfield he isn't first choice there now and if we are bringing in  Reed and Davenport gets fit he will be further away in Mowbray's mind plus Mowbray has said a few times he likes to Bennett wide of the three.I agree with you though he should play there more often if he will do it

For what it's worth Nixon said earlier that the reed deal had hit issues so May be it was never happening in the first place or the phone is permanently engaged in India 

17 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Doesn't matter what we think he won't be Mowbray's choice to play in centre midfield he isn't first choice there now and if we are bringing in  Reed and Davenport gets fit he will be further away in Mowbray's mind plus Mowbray has said a few times he likes to Bennett wide of the three.I agree with you though he should play there more often if he will do it

For what it's worth Nixon said earlier that the reed deal had hit issues so May be it was never happening in the first place or the phone is permanently engaged in India 

True but Bennett done the square root of f’all, barely touched the ball in the first half vs Reading. Totally inept performance. 

Not surprised it’s hit a snag, look at the depth we have in Centre Midfield, I would be thinking am I getting a game here.

We do seem to have a pretty big hole on the right side of the three for me. Maybe Palmer plays right and Rothwell on the left. Maybe that’s were Brereton will play,  most of his “highlights” show him on the ball wide right.

Edited by Fraserkirky

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

True but Bennett done the square root of f’all, barely touched the ball in the first half vs Reading. Totally inept performance. 

Not surprised it’s hit a snag, look at the depth we have in Centre Midfield, I would be thinking am I getting a game here.

We do seem to have a pretty big hole on the right side of the three for me. Maybe Palmer plays right and Rothwell on the left.

I want to see Rothwell in centre mid at home anyway.If Dack is fit tomorrow I would pair him with Evans and leave Bennett where he is if Mowbray is going with 2 dm then I would drop Smallwood and play Bennett in midfield but I think Rothwell would be excellent driving forward bringing Dack into play everytime the ball comes near Smallwood at minute it's like a hot potato in the palm of his hand 

52 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Can’t believe people are putting Bennett out wide. Have we not learned anything? Do people watch games?

Just going with what we have. I want Rothwell in CM so who else considering injuries do we have to put where i placed Bennett?

Conway? lol

8 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

We do seem to have a pretty big hole on the right side of the three for me. Maybe Palmer plays right and Rothwell on the left. Maybe that’s were Brereton will play,  most of his “highlights” show him on the ball wide right.

Rothwell did the square root of fck all on the wing on Wednesday, he looked lost. Bennett is certainly more of a wide player than Rothwell (see his assist at Hull), however I think he all agree he’s more effective inside. If Dack is fit, Bennett has to play wide right today because there is no one else. 

If Dack isn’t fit, Rothwell should play the Dack role with Bennett and Travis going central and wide (not sure which one where). If Dack is fit, Rothwell should go next to Evans and Bennett go wide right. Hopefully Palmer is fit and he can go wide left.

• Like 1