BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, JHRover said:

Charlton have signed someone from Orient this morning. Haven't a clue who he is or how good he is but interesting that they're able to do business already just 3 weeks after winning promotion with their manager out of contract yet we're 3 months on from securing our status and nothing happening.

Believe it or not, today is the first day "back at it" from the manager. Scandalous. 

Why? He's already had to use the time when most managers go on hols trekking off to India. Not his fault. Then he's entitled to a family break. You can level all sorts of things at him but having had a holiday doesn't seem to be a fair one to beat him up about. If he does nothing constructive now he's back at work full time that's a different matter 

• Like 6

If Mulgrew starts the first game of the season then I think something is badly wrong, with Mowbray picking favourites and with transfer priorities.

albeit anecdotal and without saying whom but I spoke to someone who speaks to some of the players and they seem to think that Mulgrew is making a lot of errors and shouldn't be starting.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

If Mulgrew starts the first game of the season then I think something is badly wrong, with Mowbray picking favourites and with transfer priorities.

albeit anecdotal and without saying whom but I spoke to someone who speaks to some of the players and they seem to think that Mulgrew is making a lot of errors and shouldn't be starting.

Very much think that TM is still blinkered enough to regard Mulgrew as one of our marquee players rather than the luxury he appeared to become and on that plus the goals he contributes and the contract they are paying him it'll be his place to lose again from the start of next season.

38 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

For what it's worth if we didn't sign anyone I think we would line up something like this. Maybe Bennett ahead of Davenport.

-------------------------Raya

Nyambe----Lenihan----Williams----Bell

-----------------Travis------Davenport

----Brereton---------Dack------------Rothwell

---------------------Graham

Subs : Leut, Mulgrew, youth centre back, Evans, Bennett, Chapman, Nuttall

I can't really see Mowbray moving away from 4231. If he was going to do it he would have done by now.

On signings he seems to be looking for upgrades at GK, CB, CM, ST. He doesn't seem to be focusing at full back which is weird as we are absolutely terrible there.

Yeah he is going to stay with this I think. 

Need 7 players:

Competition GK - Frank Fielding Free

Dominant Centre Half - Grant Hanley

Competition at LB - Jake Bidwell

New Centre Midfielder - Joe Aribo

Resign Rodwell

New Right Winger - Tahith Chong on Loan from Man United.

New Striker - Jordan Hugill 

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

Just now, lraC said:

That could upset the applecart a touch. 

Can't say I'd be too arsed, a league 1 centre half with no Championship experience and by all accounts is a greedy bastard. We could and should be looking to do better. 

• Like 2

Just now, Neal said:

Can't say I'd be too arsed, a league 1 centre half with no Championship experience and by all accounts is a greedy bastard. We could and should be looking to do better. 

I've not really seen him play so no idea if he's any good. The problem though now is that PKE are now seen as a  bigger draw than us for prospective signings. I'd be surprised if they pay bigger wages, they certainly don't spend bigger on transfers. So what have they got that we haven't? My guess would be an inspiring, positive manager and not Lance Corporal Jones. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I've not really seen him play so no idea if he's any good. The problem though now is that PKE are now seen as a  bigger draw than us for prospective signings. I'd be surprised if they pay bigger wages, they certainly don't spend bigger on transfers. So what have they got that we haven't? My guess would be an inspiring, positive manager and not Lance Corporal Jones. 

I think that's the bigger issue here. If we have been tracking him for at least a season as reported, then to see him plucked from under out noses like that, doesn't bode well. 

• Like 6

My guess would be nobody has been home for Rovers. Everyone is on their hols. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in a player that they really are wanted when one club could be knocking on the door and the other is saying wait a few weeks until we are back from sangrias on the beach. 

I'm not levelling this at Mowbray. We knew what league we were in this year a long time ago. Yet with flying out to India then a well earned break and not a huge backroom team we are always going to be playing catch up

• Like 2

Who's PKE ?

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

My guess would be nobody has been home for Rovers. Everyone is on their hols. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in a player that they really are wanted when one club could be knocking on the door and the other is saying wait a few weeks until we are back from sangrias on the beach. 

I'm not levelling this at Mowbray. We knew what league we were in this year a long time ago. Yet with flying out to India then a well earned break and not a huge backroom team we are always going to be playing catch up

You do know they’re able to take their mobile phones on holiday right? 

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

They have phones. They can ring anyone, at any time.

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I agree they've got a better manager but last time they went up against us for a player they failed (Armstrong). 

31 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I’m hoping that it’s not a case of North End beating us to him, but a case of us not wanting him.

Mowbray down played him at the consultation meeting, and stated we needed better players to come in to the first team.

Actions speak louder than words, and these better players need to materialise. I’m more hopeful than confident that it will happen. Freebies, loans, converted midfielders, projects, lamenting missed opportunities and excuses will not do.

• Like 2

Or... as Mowbray said to supporters a while ago, he wanted a lot and for a League One CB he wasn’t worth it... so we’ve let it go?

Can’t really speculate and say that Preston are a “bigger draw” than us, we may have simply pulled out.

3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

For what it's worth if we didn't sign anyone I think we would line up something like this. Maybe Bennett ahead of Davenport.

-------------------------Raya

Nyambe----Lenihan----Williams----Bell

-----------------Travis------Davenport

----Brereton---------Dack------------Rothwell

---------------------Graham

Subs : Leut, Mulgrew, youth centre back, Evans, Bennett, Chapman, Nuttall

I can't really see Mowbray moving away from 4231. If he was going to do it he would have done by now.

On signings he seems to be looking for upgrades at GK, CB, CM, ST. He doesn't seem to be focusing at full back which is weird as we are absolutely terrible there.

Whatever happens, whether anyone signs or not, there is no way that Evans & Bennett don't start the first game of next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neal said:

By what accounts is he a greedy bastard. I know people who know him from Madeira and they paint a picture in which money was never a factor with him. He played two seasons on little more than board and lodgings to get a chance to move up to the Maritimo first team. Maritimo do not pay big wages but he never sought a move and made no attempt to leave until Charlton came in for him. Perhaps you could elucidate on how and when he became a well known greedy bastard.

'Lamenting'

That's a pretty good word to describe some of the recent transfer scenario, he seems to do a lot of closing the door after the horse has bolted.  If we'd been proactive and a bit braver seeing as they seem to want him so much Bauer would've been here a good while ago, on a modest championship contract and maybe worth 3 or 4 times the million they should have shelled out on him.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

And this time last year we beat them to Adam Armstrong simply because we could meet his demands and Nobbers couldn't. This came from Peter Risdale at a Nobbers supporters forum.

I am really worried now that the Indians have turned the tap down to a trickle.

17 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Whatever happens, whether anyone signs or not, there is no way that Evans & Bennett don't start the first game of next season.

With Nyambe likely to be late back due to playing in the African cup of nations unfortunately Bennett is nailed on to start the first game of the season at right back