BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

Not to be that guy but seeing is believing. Until any defender is revealed I can't personally buy into any links. Feels like a case of oh look what you could have had but we've still got plenty of midfielders and forwards to show off.

Can understand you being a doubting Tom but we are getting desperate now and any news on this transfer thread is welcome. Sharpe thinks there could be something in this one.

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

Not to be that guy but seeing is believing. Until any defender is revealed I can't personally buy into any links. Feels like a case of oh look what you could have had but we've still got plenty of midfielders and forwards to show off.

Couldn’t agree more. I’m desperate to be proved wrong, but I’d be surprised if we signed any defenders. Apart from maybe a backup loanee.

Just now, Miller11 said:

Couldn’t agree more. I’m desperate to be proved wrong, but I’d be surprised if we signed any defenders. Apart from maybe a backup loanee.

Which this guy would probably be.

I can't imagine we'll part with actual cash for him.

• Like 1

Wish people would stop trying to convince themselves that the reason we haven't strengthened at the back is because we don't have the money or other clubs aren't prepared to sell. We do have the money having spent more than £10 million net over the last 2 years. For some reason, as yet unknown, our owners/manager have decided to not use those funds to improve the defence.

Selling Dack to raise money with a view to spending some on a quality CB is ludicrous, because our manager or owners don't want to spend on a CB. 

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

Wish people would stop trying to convince themselves that the reason we haven't strengthened at the back is because we don't have the money or other clubs aren't prepared to sell. We do have the money having spent more than £10 million net over the last 2 years. For some reason, as yet unknown, our owners/manager have decided to not use those funds to improve the defence.

Selling Dack to raise money with a view to spending some on a quality CB is ludicrous, because our manager or owners don't want to spend on a CB. 

Ahh I’m glad you cleared that up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, USABlue said:

I only saw the one game with both player's.cameos, to me Butterworth shone brighter than Buckley, keep em both in house.

Was this the Sheff Wed’s game?

one played as a second striker, while the other played deeper in the middle.

the second striker one looked amazing - sharp, quick and skilful while the other looked nervous, not strong enough and definitely not ready yet

I thought Butterworth was the player who played amazingly, but everyone keep praising Buckley, so I might be having this two confused.

who is whom?

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Ahh I’m glad you cleared that up. 

Classic blame deflection tactics in play. All gearing up for the inevitable 'we tried our best but couldn't get the deals over the line'. Try to convince people that Rovers and its owners/staff aren't responsible it's external people and other clubs.

Spent £5 million on Gallagher, claim to still have the Raya money available yet can't get a CB to improve on what we have.

Starting pre season games with 4 midfielders in defence. 

• Like 6

Just now, JHRover said:

Classic blame deflection tactics in play. All gearing up for the inevitable 'we tried our best but couldn't get the deals over the line'. Try to convince people that Rovers and its owners/staff aren't responsible it's external people and other clubs.

Spent £5 million on Gallagher, claim to still have the Raya money available yet can't get a CB to improve on what we have.

Starting pre season games with 4 midfielders in defence. 

Classic nothing. You’re making claims like you actually know what’s happening...you don’t.

Just now, skous18 said:

Was this the Sheff Wed’s game?

one played as a second striker, while the other played deeper in the middle.

the second striker one looked amazing - sharp, quick and skilful while the other looked nervous, not strong enough and definitely not ready yet

I thought Butterworth was the player who played amazingly, but everyone keep praising Buckley, so I might be having this two confused.

who is whom?

Butterworth is the second striker and Buckley the CM. Buckley impressed me most but each to their own.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Classic nothing. You’re making claims like you actually know what’s happening...you don’t.

I know we've not spent a penny on the defence, like we didn't in the last two windows, and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we didn't do in the next 11 days. I know who I will be holding accountable if we don't and it won't be other clubs/managers or 'the market' and i couldn't care less if other clubs havent signed many people. 

• Like 3

Just now, neophox said:

We have not spend £5m on Gallagher, Where have you got that from?

Goalposts moving again. Virtually every outlet to have reported on that signing has referred to £5 million. Just like Brereton was reported as £7 million. Maybe not all paid up front.

Even if it was only £2 million it was still not a priority area and the funds should have gone to the defence first.

• Like 4

Just now, neophox said:

We have not spend £5m on Gallagher, Where have you got that from?

Are you alright? It was reported by every media outlet possible that the price for Gallagher was 5 million. 

• Like 5

• Backroom

Can't find much about Bormuth.

57 apps in last 3 years is all I can glean from anywhere reliable.

Doesn't sound like he plays that much BUT nor did our last defender signed from Germany.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

In typical Mowbray fashion, hasn't he been playing RB in pre season? (JRC that is)

Don't just class JRC as a midfield player he can play anywhere and I mean it when I say it, (I don't know another player in League football who can cover as many positions) and I'm not talking just fill in but actually make it their own, he is a Swiss army knife of a player, he has taken TM by surprise with his adaptability and versatility and quality 

• Like 3