BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rotherham away

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

If we get battered at home by PNE he should walk then, in my opinion.

That would be 1 point from 21.

We still have Nobbers, Trotters and the Pie Eaters to face. The thought of losing those three games, let alone surrendering, fills me with dread.

Tony needs to show something against them - as a minimum - but I don’t think he knows what his best team is still.

• Like 6

I'm fast approaching breaking point now. If things don't improve dramatically next week, and I can't see how they will,  it's " A taxi for Tony " time.

The guy's old school, we need a younger guy running the team.

We're not just getting beat every week. we're playing like drains and we're as weak as p--s,

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Why is he at Bury though ?

Because he couldn't get in the team at Lincoln, I presume.

No idea mate. I'd say Rodwell and Mulgrew would probably be benched at that level on current form though.

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We still have Nobbers, Trotters and the Pie Eaters to face. The thought of losing those three games, let alone surrendering, fills me with dread.

Tony needs to show something against them - as a minimum - but I don’t think he knows what his best team is still.

He's had no idea what his best team was all season Stuart. Letting Downing go without bringing a replacement in was crazy. Would you trust him with next seasons budget ? I wouldn't !

• Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, Cherry Blue said:

First time this season Rotherham score 3 goals in a league game. 

If they were going to do it, it would logically be against the team that has conceded the most away goals in the division. I believe by virtue of conceding three this afternoon to Ipswich's two we've for the time being pipped them to that unenviable title. 

I really believe this will be the starting point people will want tony out week after week its the same rubbish lose next week or the next 2 he has to go me personally i want a new manager who will get rid of the dead wood and rebuild a squad that least competes in this league at the minute we are a laughing  stock 

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

it's not his job to keep his mates in employment as long as possible

Mowbray thinks he's got a few senior players that he can trust and rely on but they'll end up costing him his job if he's not careful! 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

How do we get to 12m - Ive got 6-7m for Brereton, but who else have we spent on?

3 on Armstrong. And around 2 on Rothwell, davenport, chapman, Reed and Palmer loan fees.

I don't think we have to worry about relegation this season, we'll stumble along and just about pick up enough points to be ok i think.

Dreading next season though as i just can't see Mowbray signing 5/6 players in the summer and throwing them straight into our starting lineup, i wouldnt be suprised if come the opening game next season we only have one or two signings through tbe door to be honest, he doesnt seem to get things done quick.

We had a chance to strengthen from a position of power in January being a handful of points away from 6th position. Yet the manager stated he didn't want to upset the team spirit and brought in a young winger who can't get on the pitch.

Said it back then and saying it now. That was the moment he wasn't the man for Rovers. It happened to us when we won the premier league and everyone and their dog said, go out and get quality in. Everyone knows how that turned out.

I can forgive someone for a lack of ability or a lack of idea but a lack of ambition and drive is sackable to be.

It isn't just the resent results. Many have said he's been here around 2 years yet we look just as bad in defence as we did under coyle and that other bold prick.

I'll call it now the match reaction will be along the lines of "well the ref didn't help you game or the other team we're very physical"

I'd look at Dack as well. I genuinely think he's gone into Gillingham out more where he want away to a team further up. You can have bad form but over a number of months after more than holding his own doesn't happen without cause.

Smallwood is Jason Lowe number two. Enough said and the team we played today who are in the bottom three didn't want him in league 1 yet starts week in week out. Not good enough for the fans who travel.

I voted to reassess in the summer because I didn't want any disruption during the season. I now want someone in a position of power to nail him for every poor thing that happens week after week.

Smallwood, Bennet automatic picks, why?

Dacks poor form, why?

Shit defending after two seasons, why?

Inability to play football against poor teams, why?

Raya never being dropped to give him a boot up the backside, why 

And finally how are YOU going to fix this mess

What I want from a team in the blue and white halves is we all win our individual battles, we win more than 50% of tackles, we win more than 50% of the second balls, we win more than 50% of the contested headers and we run further than the opposition. If we can do that the results will take care of themselves.  Lack of skill I can forgive, lack of effort, desire, or will to win I can't.

When I contributed to the pre match preview I said the result would hinge on how many  of our lot had the holiday brochures open. Well I think we know now.

Enough of this tripe, show some bloody pride in the shirt and if you can't do that at least show some pride in yourself !

I've been saying this most of the time since Big Sam got the bullet and I'm sick and tired of it.

• Like 4

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Very ironic when the one who does like to head a ball has been farmed out on loan leaving us with the current shambles at the back. Shocking ‘management’.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

• Backroom

“Yet a long throw in to our box is headed in to our net, a simple cross is headed in to our net, a goalkeeper, wow, two pathetic kicks and the ball is in the air in his six yard box yet he’s practically in the net rather than coming to catch it.

Uh... OK. Mowbray certainly not pulling any punches in fairness!