BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rotherham away

Just now, neophox said:

Since Lenihan was injured we have lost every game except Birmingham...Nyambe, Mulgrew and Rodwell has not performed.

Yes I agree with this. Without him we're pathetic at the back. One of Rodwell, Williams or Mulgrew with Lenihan is a reasonable partnership, but you take him out and suddenly you have no pace or aggression.

• Like 1

Just now, neophox said:

Since Lenihan was injured we have lost every game except Birmingham...Nyambe, Mulgrew and Rodwell has not performed.

Nyambe hardly played,  and when he does he is a center half. Which he aint, and is excactly why Mowbray plays him there.

Despite his set piece options, I think Mulgrew is past his sell-by date or he is carrying an injury.

Can’t believe anyone thinks we shouldn’t have bought a defender in January.

I honestly think that Mowbray has lost the respect of the players. Holiday camp mentality and tactically inept. “Well the players wanted to try something else so we gave it a go”.

Lovely bloke but lovely blokes do not good managers make. He needs to change his back room team and quickly - or...

• Like 1

Just now, OnePhilT said:

It's the defending that lets us down. Rodwell, after having a good stint, is proving that he isn't much cop back there. Mulgrew is a soft touch and is only kept in for his set pieces. Bell is the most lethargic defender I've seen in my days watching Rovers. Nyambe is decent. We're missing Lenihan, perhaps, but we need to revamp. I will give Bell the benefit of the doubt, but we need a centre-back at the very least in summer.

We need a minimum of 3 defenders come the summer - not just the one!

• Like 2

Raya needs replacing, it all starts from there. A commanding keeper is essential. Nyambe worth persevering with, maybe Rodwell too, but Charlie needs replacing. Bell looking every inch a 3rd tier player when defending. Bennett can eff off, Rothwell must start and a strike force of Graham, Armstrong and Dack is mid-table at best.

The manager needs to break up the cosy dressing room culture - which it seems doesn’t include Rothwell -or he will deserve to be out of a job.

• Backroom
Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Yes I agree with this. Without him we're pathetic at the back. One of Rodwell, Williams or Mulgrew with Lenihan is a reasonable partnership, but you take him out and suddenly you have no pace or aggression.

In fairness we're pathetic with him in the team too, just slightly less so. He's not the problem, it's more who he's surrounded by combined with our frankly abysmal tactics which regularly see us ripped apart.

Just now, tugayislegend said:

Tony big mistake was not bringing in a loan CB in January....we had been shipping goals all season 

Arguably we didn't even need to sign one. Not sure if we were technically allowed to, but if we were Wharton should have been recalled and given his head to see if he would have been the answer next season.

And Downing didn't HAVE to be sent out. Never let us down for me but instead we preferred to soldier on with 3 converted midfielders for the CH positions.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

A bit worrying looking at the table - that 11 point gap looks small considering our results over the last month or so.

I think we'll be fine, as although we are terrible I don't see Wigan, Millwall, Reading and Rotherham all overtaking us. If they do then it will be one of the most incredible collapses in Championship history and would surely leave Mowbray little choice but to resign or be sacked. Getting relegated at this point would be absolutely unforgivable and undo everything good that TM has done during his time with us.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Mowbray has more or less alluded to that already. The "worst case scenario" worrier in me is wondering whether we can even get a point per game or so to see us safe for the season - surely we can't get relegated?

Mowbray was clearly giving last season's team a chance of proving themselves in this league. I personally think that they've done OK, but we clearly aren't going to be pushing for promotion with them now that the momentum has gone. He'll more or less have absolutely his own first team by the end of summer, and I still think that he deserves his chance to do that and see how it works out.

Ok if the money to strengthen ins't there, but it was.

Many on this board are well satisfied with championship consolidation but the fact is our performances are crap and stats don't lie.  As Sharp says that's 8 times we've scored 2 in a game and lost, and that's just one worry stat. Time for a change before next season.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Arguably we didn't even need to sign one. Not sure if we were technically allowed to, but if we were Wharton should have been recalled and given his head to see if he would have been the answer next season.

And Downing didn't HAVE to be sent out. Never let us down for me but instead we preferred to soldier on with 3 converted midfielders for the CH positions.

Not sure about Wharton Rev he can't even break into 4th Division Lincoln's team.

Didn't watch today in any capacity as I'm sick of this season, going off Rich Sharpes it sounded like we were more pathetic than usual though. 

What a shocking collapse since January. Borderline sackable at this stage. 

We will lose heavily next weekend , I have no doubt about that. So could be 8 points off relegation then. 

Tony has made a balls of it since winning manager of the month 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

6 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Raya needs replacing, it all starts from there. A commanding keeper is essential. Nyambe worth persevering with, maybe Rodwell too, but Charlie needs replacing. Bell looking every inch a 3rd tier player when defending. Bennett can eff off, Rothwell must start and a strike force of Graham, Armstrong and Dack is mid-table at best.

The manager needs to break up the cosy dressing room culture - which it seems doesn’t include Rothwell -or he will deserve to be out of a job.

We had got back into the game,  scored and were getting on top,  Raya makes 2 appalling clearances in quick succession and Rotherham get going again and score.  Then the rot sets in.  Get rid of the hazard Raya. 

Some on here we after a new keeper and CB,  plus others,  2 years ago.  Nothing's changed apart from wasting millions on a never will be in Bre'rabbit.

My God we are rank poor.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Just now, DE. said:

I think we'll be fine, as although we are terrible I don't see Wigan, Millwall, Reading and Rotherham all overtaking us. If they do then it will be one of the most incredible collapses in Championship history and would surely leave Mowbray little choice but to resign or be sacked. Getting relegated at this point would be absolutely unforgivable and undo everything good that TM has done during his time with us.

If we get battered at home by PNE he should walk then, in my opinion.

That would be 1 point from 21.

Midfield converts didn't do the job at centre back last season in the Championship and they aren't doing it this season.

As our beloved dear leader Prime Minister would say... simples.

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 1

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Think we're at the point where a fresh pair of eyes need to come in and take the axe to this squad.

I've been saying it for ages, Williams, Conway, Bennett, Evans, Graham and probably Mulgrew and Smallwood need replacing with proven Championship performers at the top of their game. Instead most of them have had relatively new deals.

Even if the budget allowed for it, it might be too much to do for anyone in one window. Imo TM was negligent in the extreme in taking the view that he would see how the promotion winning side did, it's not his job to keep his mates in employment as long as possible, it's his job to constantly improve the playing side of things and try to keep us competitive. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

The only silver lining right now is this should make everyone realise we need an overhaul in the summer! 

The overhaul needs to start now with the sacking of Mowbray.

Even the 'happy clappers' must be getting pi$$ed off with this shite. 

• Like 3