BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

9 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

It's very odd. Why would the owner of the site object? Maybe @J*B could help? 

You're more than welcome to have as many polls as you like. Even with admin rights we cant add (or edit) polls to posts. If you want a poll you need to start a new thread.

17 minutes ago, J*B said:

You're more than welcome to have as many polls as you like. Even with admin rights we cant add (or edit) polls to posts. If you want a poll you need to start a new thread.

Aaarrrrgggggh!

I started this thread and asked for a poll two weeks ago. K-Hod was going to add one (couldn’t on his phone) and next minute somebody merged the thread with the old one and simply kept the new title.

Mowbray is done here. He has no answers to the problems we have, he has not given the team a playing identity in 2 years, his selection of underperforming 'nice' lads is baffling and his work in the transfer market is mediicre.

If he is the solid bloke I hope he is he will walk before things turn, however I worry that we're a vehicle to supplement his kids' education.

• Like 2

Just now, LDRover said:

Mowbray is done here. He has no answers to the problems we have, he has not given the team a playing identity in 2 years, his selection of underperforming 'nice' lads is baffling and his work in the transfer market is mediicre.

If he is the solid bloke I hope he is he will walk before things turn, however I worry that we're a vehicle to supplement his kids' education.

I see Boro lost again today and their fans all still bang on about him (and yes I know he managed them before). It got me thinking, could we see a ‘Souey’ mark II occur where we effectively get saved from a man rapidly losing the plot? We can but hope. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I see Boro lost again today and their fans all still bang on about him (and yes I know he managed them before). It got me thinking, could we see a ‘Souey’ mark II occur where we effectively get saved from a man rapidly losing the plot? We can but hope. 

Lightening doesn't strike twice in the same place.

Just now, LDRover said:

I think you are being too generous in describing his work in the transfer market as mediocre - he committed the club to £10m+ in the summer for Brereton, Armstrong, Rothwell and Davenport and other than flashes from Rothwell (who to me looks to me to have real potential), it looks, IMO, like money down the drain.

I very much doubt our man who prattles on  about integrity and values will walk.  I think Waggott has given Mowbray financial security for life with, IMO, an absolutely ludicrous contract extension;  I think that act confirms, IMO, that good executive management and commercial nous are in very short supply at Ewood.

I think we need Waggott, Mowbray, Venus, Lowe and Benson booted out of our club at the earliest opportunity.  I feel certain, there are far more able football executives and football coaches out there who would relish an Ewood Park opportunity. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Aaarrrrgggggh!

I started this thread and asked for a poll two weeks ago. K-Hod was going to add one (couldn’t on his phone) and next minute somebody merged the thread with the old one and simply kept the new title.

I over estimated the capabilities of the site and also my own capabilities.

Soz. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Bring Bowyer and/or his dad back to do transfers, bring in a manager/coach who can progress the club on the pitch (not somebody off the scrapheap or internally promoted), and maybe we'll have something. Knowing Venky's though, even if Mowbray did go we'd probably end up with the return of Steve Kean. I just can't imagine them making a decision which would benefit the club long-term. 

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 20:03, OJRovers said:

Spot on unfortunately, same as last season's League One team. At least 10 of them will start in August.

Anyone we do sign will be left to 'build fitness' for 6 months, by which time any positivity will have been sucked out of them.

If we do actually have any real transfer funds available and he's not spending it i'm beginning to think he hasn't got the bottle to buy someone fit, good enough and ready to replace someone else.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Because of his plan which you refuse to discuss. We know.

The 'plan' as I see it is to be a decent bloke and to trade on the apathy of the fanbase for as long as possible. There's sod all else that I can see.

• Like 4

It was always going to be a tough season up and down but it's having more downs than ups now and undone again today by the same old shite.

There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that he's made a pigs ear of the second half of this season from the window onwards though and the lack of forward planning is very poor.  We'd be right in the mire if it wasn't for that winning run.

• Moderation Lead
18 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Nobody said you were clever, just that you might know how the site runs that you do some admin for?

You thought wrong, obviously!