Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Lots of teams being picked for the Nobbers game but we have two important games before then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, stinny1 said:

What i wouldn't  give for two wingers Wilcox and Ripley  or Miller and Sellers or even Noel the king of ewood park  attacking  and crossing  balls  and getting the fans of there seats 

Or a young Craig Conway! All the goals gestede scored were headed in from Conway crosses. 

TM has had 5 transfer windows, signed near 15 players, but not ONE can cross the ball in! Poor Sam Gallagher has hardly had ANY service WHEN played upfront as a number 9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Cunningham out for the season.

And this is where we're going to pay the price for Mowbray's lack of transfer activity regarding defenders. It's not going to be pretty with that defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, tugayislegend said:

Or a young Craig Conway! All the goals gestede scored were headed in from Conway crosses. 

TM has had 5 transfer windows, signed near 15 players, but not ONE can cross the ball in! Poor Sam Gallagher has hardly had ANY service WHEN played upfront as a number 9.

That's because he's trading on this fallacy his teams play creative football so he seems to see no need for wingers just shoehorn in the strikers and multiple mids he or whoever else get into the club.

I think a few of us would've spent the last couple of years trying to convert Bell into a left winger when it quickly became clear he can't cope with left back at this level and his best atribute seems to be running forwards in a straight line quite quickly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tomphil said:

That's because he's trading on this fallacy his teams play creative football so he seems to see no need for wingers just shoehorn in the strikers and multiple mids he or whoever else get into the club.

I think a few of us would've spent the last couple of years trying to convert Bell into a left winger when it quickly became clear he can't cope with left back at this level and his best atribute seems to be running forwards in a straight line quite quickly.

 

But usually without the ball 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 03:58, booth said:

And this is where we're going to pay the price for Mowbray's lack of transfer activity regarding defenders. It's not going to be pretty with that defense.

No Lenihan, no Cunningham...means we cant play 3 at the back and cant slide Williams out wide, so we are stuck with Bell in the first team for 2 months.  Fuck me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yankfan said:

No Lenihan, no Cunningham...means we cant play 3 at the back and cant slide Williams out wide, so we are stuck with Bell in the first team for 2 months.  Fuck me!

Defenders are coming 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should park a bunch of land rover defenders outside the stadium with a sign saying 'defenders are here!'. 

TM needs to find a gem of a freebie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dr X said:

We should park a bunch of land rover defenders outside the stadium with a sign saying 'defenders are here!'. 

TM needs to find a gem of a freebie. 

I hear Rodwell is still needs a club

you heard it here first 😂😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I hear Rodwell is still needs a club

you heard it here first 😂😅

Did he not sign for the woodcutters in America?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, yankfan said:

No Lenihan, no Cunningham...means we cant play 3 at the back and cant slide Williams out wide, so we are stuck with Bell in the first team for 2 months.  Fuck me!

Back 3 of Tosin Williams Nyambe then play Downing and Bennett as wing backs is our best option. Well, Rankin-Costello over Bennett is our better option but he's not gonna drop skippy so it is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s quite an achievement to go into a transfer window with a priority of sorting out the defence, to come out of it actually weaker than when we started.

My prediction is that Mulgrew will be back in Jan. City lad will jump ship and we’ll have Williams back at LB.

Farcical situation completely of Mowbray’s own making.

The season is already a write off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see things turning very, very sour at this game and Mowbray Out will be the theme. At the minute its impossible to imagine a positive result, if we get a pasting, again, to that lot then pretty much our entire following will feel enough is enough and we need a change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I can see things turning very, very sour at this game and Mowbray Out will be the theme. At the minute its impossible to imagine a positive result,when we get a pasting, again, to that lot then pretty much our entire following will feel enough is enough and we need a change.

Just made a slight amendment, we are getting bummed without lube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Difference being ....

TM at Coventry ---- ' Mowbray did a good job in trying circumstances initially but the problems at the club meant it was impossible to keep up so he's done the honourable thing'

At Boro ---- 'Tony came in and got the club stable then moving in the right direction but unfortunately it seems he's taken them as far as he could with what's at his disposal at the min. Boro need a big name or something different it's a massive club'

At Rovers it will be -----  ' Mowbrays done a brilliant job there but the ungrateful Blackburn boo boys and the odd owners have forced him out when he has that club stable where they should be in midtable championship playing some good football whilst bringing through a host of young talent. They've ideas above their station, Tony deserves better, look what they did to Owen and wee Stevie'

Courtesy of our friends at SKY and his friends in the media....

If the worms turn get ready to be smeared again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor

You reckon? Our profile as a club is subterranean these days, it wouldn’t get much more than a passing mention, I’d wager. 

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mattyblue said:

You reckon? Our profile as a club is subterranean these days, it wouldn’t get much more than a passing mention, I’d wager. 

Which is the same as when Coyle was here, a complete no mark manager who rarely got a mention then all of a sudden when they got wind he was hovering over the trap door he was almost headline news on there !

Funnily enough when Bowyer was the victim of fake news there was never the groundwell of support for him on that channel, strange that eh....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coyle obviously has a lot of contacts in the media/agency side of the game, especially around here. More so than Teeside Tony.

Case in point the clownshoe is never off 5 Live these days, chatting his unique brand of nonsense direct from Salford Quays.

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Midtable Mogga arrived allegedly via similar channels and continues to sign players via similar channels so i really wouldn't count it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Well Midtable Mogga arrived allegedly via similar channels and continues to sign players via similar channels so i really wouldn't count it out.

Midtable is dreamland at this minute with our defence and lack of goalscoring strikers. Big relegation battle ahead IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next 5 games:

  • Hudders - home
  • Brum - away
  • PNE - away (3rd fixture in a week)
  • Owls - home
  • Leeds - away

I would take 5 points from those games which speaks volumes as to how far expectation levels have fallen.

PNE is a funny one.  Presently, you would say it's an absolute home banker, a licence to print money.  But football is a funny old game, you just never know. 

Anything less than 5 points from those games then I think Mowbray is gone.

Told last night that if Mowbray goes in next few weeks then lump on Dave Artell to takeover.  Interesting.  Must add, not my suggestion, just what I was told.

Edited by Mercer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This match is so far away only Mystic meg can have any rational opinion on it, absolute pointless thread 

Edited by pick32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going off the usual i'd expect about 6 points from the next 5 - before the injuries...

However we could be in a tricky situation now so 6 might be a bonus although i've a strange feeling by default TMs hand might be forced in regards to some players and the formation.  When this has happened in the past its sometimes had a positive effect so here's hoping he can pull it out the fire again and prevent a crisis.

Aside from defence there is surely enough in this squad to come up with something resembling a team.  Time for a joker to be played in the form of Chapman maybe ?

No doubt we'll be stuck with Samuel and his non contributions again though !

Edited by tomphil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tickets on general sale tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Next 5 games:

  • Hudders - home
  • Brum - away
  • PNE - away (3rd fixture in a week)
  • Owls - home
  • Leeds - away

I would take 5 points from those games which speaks volumes as to how far expectation levels have fallen.

PNE is a funny one.  Presently, you would say it's an absolute home banker, a licence to print money.  But football is a funny old game, you just never know. 

Anything less than 5 points from those games then I think Mowbray is gone.

Told last night that if Mowbray goes in next few weeks then lump on Dave Artell to takeover.  Interesting.  Must add, not my suggestion, just what I was told.

I think we need at least 7 points for Mowbray to survive. Mowbray set promotion/top 6 as the target for this season. 

Can I asked who or where you heard this suggestion from about Crewe Alexander manager Dave Artell being a target/choice? 

Can I asked you for your views on whether you think Johnson would be good choice like me and some others think he would be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.