BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, arbitro said:

I don't see the point of that when you are obligated to buy the player anyway. The reason it happened with Brereton was that there wasn't enough time to do a permanent deal on deadline day.

Might be something to do with when the money is paid and is accountable? Does seem weird otherwise.

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stoke might want rid. They have a massive squad there. O'Neill has said squad is too big last season. Plus he just made 3 free signings so will need to sell players

I do wonder if O’Neill will want to bring Evans in though Chaddy. If he does then it could be a sensible deal for both parties. I would imagine Evans is one of our higher earners and if there is interest in Whiteman he will be facing more competition for a starting place. Only issue is that Stoke seem to have quite a lot of midfielders on their books already.

Sounds like someone has given Sharpe the nod here. He doesn't come out with stuff like this unless he gets the OK from the club.

I very much doubt a fee will be paid for him. So it will be a case of trying to get him on loan or swapping him with someone here. As Mercer says Stoke were rumoured to be after Evans in January.

This isn't something I could support. I dont want further gaps in the squad appearing. I want gaps filling without further problems to sort out.

40 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I don't see the point of that when you are obligated to buy the player anyway. The reason it happened with Brereton was that there wasn't enough time to do a permanent deal on deadline day.

I was just thinking along the lines that it gets a wage off Stokes bill, also means we can buy now, pay later when hopefully we have some more cash coming into the club. Although I think transfer fees are normally paid over the duration of the contract?

44 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He’s also refused to move from Derby which says everything you need to know. It’ll be another season of him being decent every 1 in 5 games.

Mowbray makes such a fuss of getting to know the background of players he wants to sign so how come this didn't flag up ?

Surely you'd be telling him he has to stay up here when he's training its as simple as that.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Sounds like someone has given Sharpe the nod here. He doesn't come out with stuff like this unless he gets the OK from the club.

I very much doubt a fee will be paid for him. So it will be a case of trying to get him on loan or swapping him with someone here. As Mercer says Stoke were rumoured to be after Evans in January.

This isn't something I could support. I dont want further gaps in the squad appearing. I want gaps filling without further problems to sort out.

I personally think Davenport is a ready made replacement and I personally think Davenport looks class.

• Like 5

Just now, JHRover said:

Travis and Evans is a very good Championship CM pairing IMO. There aren't many other areas of the pitch we can be as confident in.

• Like 4

Just now, OssyLad said:

Stoke fans think he’s shite, should loan him with option to buy and see how he gets on 

but then if he is shite and we get rid we are right back to square one in the next transfer window.

Mowbray claims to want to build something. Why not just find a decent CB and sign him on a permanent? Is he unable to do this?

Just now, JHRover said:

Just signed Mikel. Do they need Evans? 

Just now, JHRover said:

but then if he is shite and we get rid we are right back to square one in the next transfer window.

Mowbray claims to want to build something. Why not just find a decent CB and sign him on a permanent? Is he unable to do this?

History says yes.

5 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Travis and Evans is a very good Championship CM pairing IMO. There aren't many other areas of the pitch we can be as confident in.

When they're both on song we look pretty strong there but in an ideal world I'd like a bit more creativity and a few more goals coming from that area of the team.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When they're both on song we look pretty strong there but in an ideal world I'd like a bit more creativity and a few more goals coming from that area of the team.

True, but It's not how Mowbray plays. He likes his 2 CM's to 'recycle possession' as he puts it and not move very far. I'm sure there's' more to both Travis and Evans games and I'm sure they could score more if they got forward. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

15 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Mowbray makes such a fuss of getting to know the background of players he wants to sign so how come this didn't flag up ?

Surely you'd be telling him he has to stay up here when he's training its as simple as that.

For my sins I follow him on Instagram and last season he was constantly posting stories of 5am Starbucks runs. You’re hardly going to be performing at your best are you! Imagine his best pal Benno gives him his couch now and again.

• Like 1

Remember last summers transfer window, folk going on how we should take a leaf  out of Stokes buying policy, bought 6 in 1 week all supposedly decent players, inc Lindsay, didn’t turn out as expected, manager soon sacked and flitting around bottom of league most of season.

We can’t compete financially with Stoke but doesn’t always mean they end up with a better side.

Think I would sign this Lindsay guy, had some very good reviews at Barnsley .

Love to sign Marshall, (don’t think will happen due to age) and Pears as back up.

Striker we are linked with in Germany, and love to see Cunningham back.

Keep all our players and think we would have a decent side.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

True, but It's now how Mowbray plays. He likes his 2 CM's to 'recycle possession' as he puts it and not move very far. I'm sure there's' more to both Travis and Evans games and I'm sure they could score more if they got forward. 

To be honest I think this is where we get the most out of Evans. His worst spells in a Rovers shirt have been when we've played 4-4-2 and he was expected to get forward a little more. Never really had the legs to do both and games just passed him by. Travis is a different kettle of fish. Has the legs to contribute further up the pitch and still do his defensive work.

22 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I was just thinking along the lines that it gets a wage off Stokes bill, also means we can buy now, pay later when hopefully we have some more cash coming into the club. Although I think transfer fees are normally paid over the duration of the contract?

I see your point now. I understand that transfer fees are structured over the duration of a contract with annual payments which means that the Gallagher (and maybe Brereton) installments are due. To give some balance we should get a payment for Raya. That is all on the assumption payments are due on the anniversary of signing.

Liam Lindsay would be a nice addition, if the price is right. Left-footed which is a big plus in that LCB position, especially with how weak Bell is at LB. Bit more experience than Wharton at this level and provides some competition.

Wouldn't pay over the odds though considering he can’t get a game for Stoke.