BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It won’t happen, but if something similar did it would just be met with a shrug from a large part of the fanbase (and a certain few on here).

’Face facts, we are a small club’

’That’s why we have an academy’

’Quite right that the owners look to balances the books’.

Don't forget "We've always been a selling club".

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Mercer said:

Don't think you can't rule ANYTHING out where Rovers are concerned.

As I've said before, think Waggott and Mowbray already know the financial score.

If it's as bad as it might be, that will necessitate £20million in fees and savings on wages.

I would rule out Travis going to Coventry 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thinks he's worth twice that but the chances are if we get anything like a bid in that region he'll be gone.

On past Venky/Rovers history that very much depends on how much we need the money. Suspect with the rumours of the Dack sale before he got injured, we may be having a season of balancing the books so I suspect anyone offering 5 million will have their hands ripped off.

4 minutes ago, phili said:

It pains me to say but I think if someone offers between £3-5m for him this summer he will be gone.

I don't think so. He is clearly highly rated and that's peanuts. We arguably sold Raya for less than he is worth, but that isn't the norm in recent seasons. 

Lets look at our most sell-able assets, I would say it's this 5 , in this order

1-Dack

2-Armstrong

3-Lenihan

4-Travis 

5-Nyambe

Out of them, I would say the most likely to leave is Armstrong or Nyambe, but hopefully none of them. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't think so. He is clearly highly rated and that's peanuts. We arguably sold Raya for less than he is worth, but that isn't the norm in recent seasons. 

1-Dack

2-Armstrong

3-Lenihan

4-Travis 

5-Nyambe

Out of them, I would say the most likely to leave is Armstrong or Nyambe, but hopefully none of them. 

I'd put Travis in front of Lenihan, One is improving and the other one isn't. There's no point putting Dack in that list until he's played again.

• Like 1

Given the current state of the squad and work to be done on it the last thing that we should be doing is entertaining bids for those five. The rest aren't a problem but the above we should be building on for the next few years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

1-Dack

2-Armstrong

3-Lenihan

4-Travis 

5-Nyambe

I personally think that out of those five only Armstrong may go for anywhere 5 million. Nymabe is not even a permanent fixture in the team and Dack will need to prove his fitness before anyone will buy him. Lenihan has too many mistakes in him for anyone to pay big money for him.

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

1-Dack

2-Armstrong

3-Lenihan

4-Travis 

5-Nyambe

Take those 5 out and you are looking down instead of up...

• Like 1

There are going to be more and more of these stories over the summer. For 2 main reasons, agents want their players out of Rovers and we are looking like we have to sell.

If we look at what is happening in India, Bank of India is having liquidity issues and calling in debt. For Rovers, the issue with that is they are more than likely to call in our £15m over draft to be paid pretty quickly (and this is a Rovers debt). For, Venkys the issue is they are unlikely to be able to raise funding for Rovers in their normal way.

So pretty quickly if the worst comes to it we may need to raise £30m this summer in player sales and reduced wages, to keep us afloat for the next season. With potentially £15-20m being needed in the next 6 weeks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phili said:

There are going to be more and more of these stories over the summer. For 2 main reasons, agents want their players out of Rovers and we are looking like we have to sell.

If we look at what is happening in India, Bank of India is having liquidity issues and calling in debt. For Rovers, the issue with that is they are more than likely to call in our £15m over draft to be paid pretty quickly (and this is a Rovers debt). For, Venkys the issue is they are unlikely to be able to raise funding for Rovers in their normal way.

So pretty quickly if the worst comes to it we may need to raise £30m this summer in player sales and reduced wages, to keep us afloat for the next season. With potentially £15-20m being needed in the next 6 weeks.

If it has to be done to save the club, so be it.

3 minutes ago, phili said:

We don't have £30 million in players to sell. The only one who might attract Premier League bids is Dack and that won't happen until he is fit and firing. The others aren't ready. Between them Trav, Armstrong, Lenihan and Nyambe might fetch £15-18 million on a good day. Given the lack of money around at present I'd say that is highly unlikely. 

It also means certain relegation to League One next year with no keeper, no defence and no goals in the squad and no money to spend. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

Has anyone left ?

Never said they did. What I did say was those 5 are crucial to our success and without them we are more likely to struggle than succeed. 

Another interesting thing to note from those 5 is most have been with us for ,3 seasons. I guess you could argue Armstrong joined permanently last season but even so to not have any of your best players be brought in 2+ seasons is a tad worrying. Add in that 3 are academy graduates that is both encouraging as an affordable source of talent but also a lot of pressure to put on the academy. 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

It won’t happen, but if something similar did it would just be met with a shrug from a large part of the fanbase (and a certain few on here).

’Face facts, we are a small club’

’That’s why we have an academy’

’Quite right that the owners look to balances the books’.

If we sell Trav to a prem team or a championship club who would be pushing for automatic promotion, then you can accept it but anyone else, no way.

53 minutes ago, phili said:

It pains me to say but I think if someone offers between £3-5m for him this summer he will be gone.

Sadly, this is how Venkys operate, get a quick cash influx but not for the players actual value.

31 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Take those 5 out and you are looking down instead of up...

Yep, take those 5 out and we are kippered. 

27 minutes ago, phili said:

Pretty similar to a few years ago when all of a sudden everybody 'wanted' to leave even if they didn't know about it !

Still at least the agents will get some more business in what is otherwise set to be a difficult climate for them. I'm sure non of the friendly ones ate encouraging it of course.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, phili said:

3 to 5 million pounds for Travis wouldnt buy his left foot. If clubs want our players then better come with double figure bids. 

42 minutes ago, phili said:

I think all 5 will be gone as well as a few more at probably pretty low prices.

I think 1 will be gone

25 minutes ago, phili said:

Aren't the bank of India loans with Venkys London limited? 

Surely we should wait for Mowbray to get our budget which I believe will be this week

17 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Never said they did. What I did say was those 5 are crucial to our success and without them we are more likely to struggle than succeed. 

Another interesting thing to note from those 5 is most have been with us for ,3 seasons. I guess you could argue Armstrong joined permanently last season but even so to not have any of your best players be brought in 2+ seasons is a tad worrying. Add in that 3 are academy graduates that is both encouraging as an affordable source of talent but also a lot of pressure to put on the academy. 

So another load of pure speculation 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

3 to 5 million pounds for Travis wouldnt buy his left foot. If clubs want our players then better come with double figure bids. 

I think 1 will be gone

Surely we should wait for Mowbray to get our budget which I believe will be this week

The overdraft is external debt it's what runs day to day stuff so if that hits its limit it needs paying down otherwise they call it in. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

The overdraft is a Rovers debt.

In 2008, the company i worked for had our £5m overdraft called in by Lloyds during the financial crisis with just 10 working days notice to settle it. It was a horrifying experience.