BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Project "Big Picture"

59 minutes ago, philipl said:

Wage caps already exist in Leagues 1 and 2.

That is why no more Rovers players are going out on loan.

You live and learn! Now you mention it I remember it was an issue with Mulgrew.

Well we should do the same with Championship imo. It's madness everyone is spending well beyond their means.

Means the league will lose talent, but I would trade that for a more level playing field and the knowledge the club can financially survive.

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

You live and learn! Now you mention it I remember it was an issue with Mulgrew.

Well we should do the same with Championship imo. It's madness everyone is spending well beyond their means.

Means the league will lose talent, but I would trade that for a more level playing field and the knowledge the club can financially survive.

Doing that would cripple Rovers today.

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I know but everyone would be in the same boat, and it would out us in a much better place in a few years.

Would remove our dependence on Venkys which can only be a good thing.

Only Administration would remove dependency on Venky's

• Like 1

I have to laugh at all these millionaire owners including the Tory at Fleetwood supporting redistribution of wealth. Also I don't remember Mr Pilley speaking out about redistribution of wealth when Fleetwood were going through the non-league system spending sums of money that other clubs at those levels could only dream.

If I were in charge of a Premiership club I wouldn't give the EFL a penny until the odious Rick Parry is removed from office. How he is still in a job is beyond me, he's only been in office about a year and has already seen one club go to the wall and another go into administration. Not to mention the video that emerged of him in regards to Wigan. The EFL has been offered money for a stake in it but he never even told the clubs because no doubt he stands to do very well out of 'Big Picture'. Also he has failed to secure any government funding. When money has been chucked out left right and centre to industries he hasn't got anything, that just shows you how useless he is.

I'm staggered that so many EFL clubs appeared to have been bought by what is nothing more than a bung, it offers them no security, once the big clubs get what they want then they can and probably will jettison the payments straight away. All EFL clubs would be doing if they accept this (although hopefully it doesn't get as far as them voting) is kicking the can down the road for another day. Do they really think that the Glazer's and Henry could give a toss about EFL clubs, EFL clubs are just their useful idiots to get them absolute power of the English game.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I have to laugh at all these millionaire owners including the Tory at Fleetwood supporting redistribution of wealth. Also I don't remember Mr Pilley speaking out about redistribution of wealth when Fleetwood were going through the non-league system spending sums of money that other clubs at those levels could only dream.

If I were in charge of a Premiership club I wouldn't give the EFL a penny until the odious Rick Parry is removed from office. How he is still in a job is beyond me, he's only been in office about a year and has already seen one club go to the wall and another go into administration. Not to mention the video that emerged of him in regards to Wigan. The EFL has been offered money for a stake in it but he never even told the clubs because no doubt he stands to do very well out of 'Big Picture'. Also he has failed to secure any government funding. When money has been chucked out left right and centre to industries he hasn't got anything, that just shows you how useless he is.

I'm staggered that so many EFL clubs appeared to have been bought by what is nothing more than a bung, it offers them no security, once the big clubs get what they want then they can and probably will jettison the payments straight away. All EFL clubs would be doing if they accept this (although hopefully it doesn't get as far as them voting) is kicking the can down the road for another day. Do they really think that the Glazer's and Henry could give a toss about EFL clubs, EFL clubs are just their useful idiots to get them absolute power of the English game.

Maybe Wigan won't be on board with this brazen plot then? Can guarantee they would have with that FUP backing hypocrite Whelan in charge.

Salford City another example of downright hypocrisy given their obvious link.

Edited by Vinjay

So predictably now come the threats that the 'big six' will go off and play somewhere else if the other clubs in the country don't agree to their plans..

Call their bluff.

Where are they going to play? A 'Super League' would require FIFA and UEFA approval and would decimate leagues across Europe. It won't happen.

Play on their own in a division of six or eight? That will be fun playing the same few clubs 4 times a year.

I've seen a few reports stating that they need 14 of the 20 Premier League clubs to agree for this to happen. Where do the FA and League fit into all this? Surely they have to have a say rather than just 20 clubs deciding what happens?

I wonder if the odious Rick Parry is on commission for this and is set to land himself a pension windfall like Scudamore did a few years ago? What sort of League Chairman would be proposing abolition of the League Cup? Its akin to the FA suggesting the FA Cup should be scrapped or UEFA binning off the Champions League. it shows where his loyalties lie and it isn't with the Football League.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I've seen a few reports stating that they need 14 of the 20 Premier League clubs to agree for this to happen. Where do the FA and League fit into all this? Surely they have to have a say rather than just 20 clubs deciding what happens?

I wonder if the odious Rick Parry is on commission for this and is set to land himself a pension windfall like Scudamore did a few years ago? What sort of League Chairman would be proposing abolition of the League Cup? Its akin to the FA suggesting the FA Cup should be scrapped or UEFA binning off the Champions League. it shows where his loyalties lie and it isn't with the Football League.

The FA has a “golden share” in the PL governance structure.

F9D7F278-8868-4372-8857-0A666778D223.png

3E05E07F-D1F2-4423-952D-ABD6CE11965F.png

6 minutes ago, only2garners said:

That would be a result in my view - where do I sign?

I think the majority of true football fans would agree and say good riddance. Within this conglomerate are clubs that are more powerful than others and the weaker ones will be used and abused. Hopefully they leave and set up their own little league until the bigger ones think the smaller ones are dragging them down. Then a European,  global and intergalactic league will be their aim ???.

• Like 2

My concern is that if the 'Big 6' clear off elsewhere all that will happen is a different collection of clubs will replace them and come to take control and dominate the game. Expect Everton, Leicester, Wolves, Newcastle, Villa, Leeds to eventually become a new 'Big 6' hoarding all the talent and money. Then we'd be no further along just with different names running the show.

It needs a root and branch reform led by the FA who have the legal power to do it. If they want to resign from the League to play elsewhere then fine, someone else will replace them, but make life difficult.

e.g. no English player for those clubs would be eligible for England national duty, or refuse to sign off transfers which the FA can do if it wants. All sorts of ways of making them squim.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

My concern is that if the 'Big 6' clear off elsewhere all that will happen is a different collection of clubs will replace them and come to take control and dominate the game. Expect Everton, Leicester, Wolves, Newcastle, Villa, Leeds to eventually become a new 'Big 6' hoarding all the talent and money. Then we'd be no further along just with different names running the show.

It needs a root and branch reform led by the FA who have the legal power to do it. If they want to resign from the League to play elsewhere then fine, someone else will replace them, but make life difficult.

e.g. no English player for those clubs would be eligible for England national duty, or refuse to sign off transfers which the FA can do if it wants. All sorts of ways of making them squim.

You’re right in as much as there will always be a top 6 in the league table & the economic league table, but as long as it remains 1 club, 1 vote then the door to join them remains ajar.

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

When the PL was formed it was known as the FA Premier League. The PL (under Parry) soon realised that the FA had served their purpose by supporting their inception and they couldn't bring anything else to the party so they dropped them. This country is the only one I know of where a league is more powerful than the governing body. If the big boys decide to go this would be an ideal opportunity for the FA to take control back and do what they are supposed to do and run the game from top to bottom in a manner befitting our football heritage.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Vinjay said:

Maybe Wigan won't be on board with this brazen plot then? Can guarantee they would have with that FUP backing hypocrite Whelan in charge.

Salford City another example of downright hypocrisy given their obvious link.

Whelan sold Wigan ages ago...

54 minutes ago, JHRover said:

This will never happen.

18 minutes ago, den said:

It's strange that all 20 clubs have accepted that the proposal will not be pursued or endorsed by the PL and FA. I would have expected the two protagonists to at least not accept it and vote accordingly. The real bigger picture though is that the two American owned clubs have made fools of themselves.

The clubs from Leagues One and Two have done alright though. It will be interesting to see if the Championship begging bowl is topped up. Personally I don't think it will be.

30 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It's not happening,Premier league have released a statement

'PL clubs reject Project Big Picture, L1 & L2 bailout agreed'

https://www.skysports.com/share/12103872

A temporary victory for now until the next time the big 6 decide they want a bigger share of the cake.

Ironically, such has been the level of opposition to these abhorrent proposals, they may have set their cause back a good few years.

• Like 3

Mark Pallios from Tranmere currently on Sky saying it's a good thing the proposals haven't gone through and rightly saying you have to look at the long term rather than just this season or next season.

The League 1 and League 2 Clubs weren't saying that yesterday when they thought  there was nothing else on the table and there was reportedly unanimous approval for the measures so an element of double standards there but never mind.

• Like 1

The battle now starts to get the Championship Clubs an equitable deal. With the big 6 voting rights issue now off the table the other 14 PL Clubs might not feel quite so magnanimous towards the second tier Clubs who are desperate to replace them.

Need to be careful any deal doesn't include the first gradual steps towards ringfencing the PL off as was the situation with the original proposals.

• Like 1