BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Buyer To go Public ?

Sounds like a good option on paper.

I hope it is someone local that takes over - simply because if Venkys decided to sell to some foreign group which nobody had ever heard of, Kamy would have to do all the due diligence for them, because let's face it - would you trust Venkys to conduct that properly?

Josh, did u recorded this morning podcast? If so, who was on the podcast?

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't be too quick to jump into the bed of Mr Khan...

He isn't as pink and fluffy as as he appears on the outside, I know personally from contacts very close to the old regime of Accrington Stanley that he isn't too be trusted, especially from a cash point of view.

I really can't go into it much further, but I do believe one day the truth will come about his involvement with Accrington Stanley in a book and the reading will prove very insightful.

I am not saying he is as big a shower of sh1t as the current owners we have bestowed upon us, but there has to be an element of caution were he is concerned.

(I cannot report much else on the consortium)

would love to know where you've. pulled that one from... sure your not talking about Eric Whalley and Dave O'Neil?? I can assure you ilyas is not dodgy in any sense!

i think before we start proclaiming Khan as a knight in shining armour and championing his football brain, speak to stanley fans , i live in accy and i can tell you as much as they appreciate what Khan did in bailing them out , things havent really changed from a fans point of view there's been no investment in players , they couldnt keep hold of Coleman when Rochdale came in , Paul Cook wasnt the fans first choice of manager there's a revolving door of players coming in on short term contracts and loans and apart from 1 new stand being re-developed the facilities at the Crown havent improved

Senaca WILL be an improvement on Venkys because they are NOT Venkys but lets not get carried away

At the end of it all Ian Battersby is a Rovers fan and all the people behind BRSIT are 100% blue and white.

Can the groups work together, I am sure that could be done if it was to the benefit of Rovers.

At the moment that isn't a question, if you want to contribute to any of those decisions then BRSIT provides the best option.

On the subject of any personal comments about any of the individuals - I suggest that people remember that being a keyboard warrior carries risks.

At the end of it all Ian Battersby is a Rovers fan and all the people behind BRSIT are 100% blue and white.

Can the groups work together, I am sure that could be done if it was to the benefit of Rovers.

At the moment that isn't a question, if you want to contribute to any of those decisions then BRSIT provides the best option.

On the subject of any personal comments about any of the individuals - I suggest that people remember that being a keyboard warrior carries risks.

Most intelligent post on the thread.

At the moment, Seneca, Battersby, Curry etc are putting together a bid, it's no more than that I guess. Putting together that bid relies basically on getting the cash together. We're talking millions of pounds involved here, so why would they - at this point - approach BRSIT when they have no money to offer?

• Backroom

Well I'm not likely to pick one that I disagree with am I? :rolleyes:

And you're the community manager?

Dr+%25281%2529.jpg

Which one am I?

I'm onto a loser either way though here!

I think trying to buy the club from them is going to be very, very frustrating Matty. They wont go without a fight and if the victim is the club, rather than them, then that's how it will be.

I cannot go further but:

- the two Ians have been doing what they do very well for a long time. Their business is critically dependent on the highest legal and ethical standards.

- Ilyas Kahn is well positioned (but that does not mean he will succeed- if my gut feel is right his positives are the last thing the murk we are in want)

- BRSIT are doing a brilliant job but completely screwed up today. Utterly muddled thinking.

I'm happy that their are potential bidders out there like Seneca but I'm not happy with them ignoring BRSIT. For me they should be exploring all avenues of trying to take over the club and I think a part fan ownership would have been a great way to go. The pledges for BRSIT would have gone up, and it would have meant more money going into the club all round. And the fans would have had a small say in the running of it.

Only just getting to grips with this story but i keep reading it over and over and 2 things come out for me:-

1. This looks like Seneca are in a big world of finance dealing with bucket loads which isnt their own but at least they are in the right circles.Why would they even think about getting involved in a 2 bit local trust who haven't raised a cent yet as part of their bid?

BUT BUT...

2. am i reading too much into the statement which says they are aware of the excellent work of the trust and the fact that Rovers is a club of the town and its fans??

I think thats quite telling (or i am being too hopeful).they didnt need to say that at this early stage but they have. So why is WW getting so aggressive? Very disappointed in him which may knacker the trust now. But also Grabko not been on unless i missed it which is a surprise.

Other's can bid all they want but if the Pune loons dont want to sell.......

If they (the Poons of Lune) have a brain cell between them, they will look at the Sunday press in their homeland today/tomorrow and decide to exit honourably.

That brain cell should say "Wait a minute, there are several thousand highly intelligent literate people whom we have made passionate enraged enemies of and the world is one big inter=connected global village. The Rovers fans probably haven't even got going yet but there is now a whole load of them over there who have email addresses and telephone numbers of media people here in India. This could and probably will go viral (meaning there is nothing we can do to stop it) and there is a bunch of people in Blackburn now hell-bent on destroying all our businesses. And that is without reckoning with the fact their MP is the former Foreign and Home Secretary who has access to all the people who can dig on the one hand and can have his telephone call taken by absolutely anybody he wishes to talk to in India on the other. The game is up, where is the door marked hasty exit as gracious as we can?"

Archived