BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bring On The Dingles

BRFC4EVA

In the early 80s, the away end at t`turd was closed due to capacity. Thousands of Rovers fans were turned away. Me & my mate were only in our early teens & asked a copper what we should do. "There`s loads of room in the beehole end (old open terrace behind nets) just hide your scarves & go in there".....so we did wink.gif Cannot imagine that happening these days.

...A helpful hint if you do go in the numpty end....wear mittons, so they can`t tell you only have 5 digits...it`s a proper giveaway that! wink.gif ......& if anyone talks to you, talk s l o w l y like there`s something wrong with you & if you can, add a twang of yorkshire in your voice....you`ll fit right in! cool.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, when we had to come to your place last time we actually sold all our tickets didn`t have a problem sitting in the front of the lower jackwalkers stand.

Absolute cr@p laugh.gif

If you were sat JW lower surely you'd have seen the empty seats both upper and lower tier in the Darwen? And lets face it for your cup final as well.

Typical dingle laugh.giflaugh.gif "We got stuffed but we sold out"

By the way, when we had to come to your place last time we actually sold all our tickets didn`t have a problem sitting in the front of the  lower jackwalkers stand.

Absolute cr@p laugh.gif

If you were sat JW lower surely you'd have seen the empty seats both upper and lower tier in the Darwen? And lets face it for your cup final as well.

Typical dingle laugh.giflaugh.gif "We got stuffed but we sold out"

you barely sold half your tickets.

great pic orcan

By the way, when we had to come to your place last time we actually sold all our tickets

No you did not !

I remember at the time the excuse was that the burnley ticket office couldn't process all the applications in time (!!!!), and then there was some rubbish about the reason being that some had simply chosen not to hand their money over to The Rovers !!

But, a bit like the line about burnley having a great history and tradition (how many FA Cups is it ? Champions of England how many times ? When was the League Cup won ? First club to do what, exactly ?........), if you repeat it often enough once the memory starts to fade people actually take it as gospel !

we're doing no good

no relegation threat but best possibility is a mid-table finish...

3rd coach in the season already since our coach left for the national team at the end of last season

the new coach is really giving us hope. got 8 new players (2 of which we all hate) in january

things will get better we all hope...both for blackburn and gencler.

anyway, the time has come to visit the dingle dome

been some time since the last visit

i am really happy about the match. finally we all will have something to cheer about this season!!!

rover.gif lets get the away followings sorted once and for all,we did not sell out at the turf,we sold 3,200 max due mainly to rovers fans sh88tting themselves and the clubs refusal to but tickets on open sale.

bumley had all the darwen end,part of the lower tier was sectioned off for segregation purpose's.burnley sold the upper tier first,which was full apart from the 1st 2 rows to stop there fans throwing things on their own fans below.the bottom tier was sold from the middle back outwards,at best i would say there were 2-2.5k scum in the lower tier giving burnley around 5-5.3 fans in attendance.these tickets went on open sale in burnley,the only restriction being you had to have a utility bill with a dingle post code.

if any one has a scumley programme from that season,they give the away followings both home and away.these are the facts as i remenber them,i have been drunk and in a few drug induced coma's since but the only fact i know is it was last century since bfc beat the mighty blues. tinykit.gif

Whatever.

But they DID NOT sell out their allocation.

Who cares?

I couldn't care less if we or they sold out their allocations or not?

Both games were televised and it's up to supporters from both clubs whether they'll turn up for the game.

It'll be like that on the FA Cup game. We won't sell out, I'm fairly sure of that.

It's on BBC, some people may not want to go and take their kids because they might fear that there will be trouble before and after the game.

Whatever.

But they DID NOT sell out their allocation.

Who cares?

I couldn't care less if we or they sold out their allocations or not?

Both games were televised and it's up to supporters from both clubs whether they'll turn up for the game.

It'll be like that on the FA Cup game. We won't sell out, I'm fairly sure of that.

It's on BBC, some people may not want to go and take their kids because they might fear that there will be trouble before and after the game.

That's the point RIML, it was NOT upto the supporters for the ROVERS end of it. Rovers did not put the tickets on general sale. I feel I can confidently say they would have all been sold had we done that. I know several freinds from Accy who do not attend games like they used to but would never have missed that one, had they been allowed to buy a ticket.

Burnleys tickets did go on open sale. Thereby creating an uneven playing field in the attendance bragging rights.

How important is it? Not very in the grand scheme of things given that we took a 7-0 agg. But clearly you can tell by the bickering on here it is important to some for braggin rights. With this rivalry one can not be behind in one area, it has to be a matter of reigning supreme, complete dominance in every dept is the only way to truly have it over on the clarrot barstewards. You wait and see, if we lose this it will be all you hear. If you try to have a bit of banter the first thing you will hear, "what was the score last time we played"

Let's hope we can pull this one off and maintain our dominance over the clarrots

Can we sign Simon Garner to a short contract, put him in rigorous training, bring him on for the last five mins to bang in the winning goal biggrin.gif

Woohoo, just found out the game WILL be televised here in the US. It will be on Fox Soccer Channel (formerly Fox Sports World) Now we have to win, if I have to watch Burnley play the least Rovers can do for that punishment is provide the win.

Edited by USABlue

there's a new cable tv channel here in turkey which broadcasts the cup matches live.

i got in touch and told them the most important game this round is bumley vs blackburn

let's see if i can (alone) persuade a national tv channel to get our game live on cable.

i told that this game can easily be compared to real vs barca or fenerbahce vs galatasaray.

ok, these banana-eaters are no match, but i still would like to see live on tv what is to be our last match for the forthcoming 20 centuries (yes, not years but centuries). of course, if they still exist after so much time...

we shall conqueur!

Never mind about our tickets, I've got a feeling that the Dingles may have trouble shifting their own tickets for this one. The only restriction they put on home ticket purchases (after their 8,500 season ticket holders got first bite of the cherry) was a stub from their West Yorkshire derby with Leeds yesterday. Given that this game in its own right should have pulled in a capacity crowd I was surprised to see that the attendance was less than 18,000. Even if everybody who satisfied the buying criterea bought a ticket for the Rovers match they would still need to shift another 3,500 on open sale. With the game being live on BBC I think they may struggle .... Anyway off to bed now with the alarm set for 5am....I'm not taking any risks for getting my ticket. wink.gif

there's a new cable tv channel here in turkey which broadcasts the cup matches live.

i got in touch and told them the most important game this round is bumley vs blackburn

let's see if i can (alone) persuade a national tv channel to get our game live on cable.

i told that this game can easily be compared to real vs barca or fenerbahce vs galatasaray.

ok, these banana-eaters are no match, but i still would like to see live on tv what is to be our last match for the forthcoming 20 centuries (yes, not years but centuries). of course, if they still exist after so much time...

we shall conqueur!

Top post Orcan, we salute you.

Never mind about our tickets, I've got a feeling that the Dingles may have trouble shifting their own tickets for this one. The only restriction they put on home ticket purchases (after their 8,500 season ticket holders got first bite of the cherry) was a stub from their West Yorkshire derby with Leeds yesterday. Given that this game in its own right should have pulled in a capacity crowd I was surprised to see that the attendance was less than 18,000. Even if everybody who satisfied the buying criterea bought a ticket for the Rovers match they would still need to shift another 3,500 on open sale. With the game being live on BBC I think they may struggle .... Anyway off to bed now with the alarm set for 5am....I'm not taking any risks for getting my ticket. wink.gif

Really? Out of interest how many capacity home crowds have Rovers had this year? Just to clarify I mean where all the home seats have been sold, not where you give 9000 to Man U etc? Not sure if you print them in your programs but I would be interested to know just how many Rovers fan turn up to home games

I would not worry to much about us selling our tickets for this one.

And on the who sold most tickets arguments, dress it how you want but we sold around 7000 last time, but I'll settle for 6000 which is still nearly twice what you sold for our place.

Now I accept you couldn't sell more than 3,800 - and you couldn;t even find that many that would travel the 10 miles, in a FREE luxury coach.

Now you can spout the general sale nonesense but I thought you had over 10000 season ticket holders? What 30% didn;t care enough to travel

and as for the ignorant banana eaters comments, just more reinforcement of the nations view of Rovers fans as bigots and racists I guess

A couple of questions here for you my half witted Dingle friend...

What is Rovers average attendance compared to Burnley's?

When has there EVER been a capacity crowd at the Dingledome?

Maybe the fact you sold 6,000 and we sold half that (and i'm taking your word for that) was because you were playing a BIG club and we wern't?? just like 4 years on...!

and finally... I know you like your sheep over there in Yorkshire but just because a couple of moron's decided to hurl abuse at Dwight Yorke doesn't mean that we all follow like them!!!!!

Really? Out of interest how many capacity home crowds have Rovers had this year? Just to clarify I mean where all the home seats have been sold, not where you give 9000 to Man U etc? Not sure if you print them in your programs but I would be interested to know just how many Rovers fan turn up to home games

And on the who sold most tickets arguments, dress it how you want but we sold around 7000 last time, but I'll settle for 6000 which is still nearly twice what you sold for our place.

Now I accept you couldn't sell more than 3,800 - and you couldn;t even find that many that would travel the 10 miles, in a FREE luxury coach.

Now you can spout the general sale nonesense but I thought you had over 10000 season ticket holders? What 30% didn;t care enough to travel

and as for the ignorant banana eaters comments, just more reinforcement of the nations view of Rovers fans as bigots and racists I guess

Unless you now considered the people of burnley to be their own race, it can't exactly be racism now can it.

While I'd just like to point out that your math seems a bit off at one points, if we have 10,000 season ticket holders, and only 3,000 people go to a game, then 70% didn't travel, not 30%.

To be honest I think this discussion is better to be dropped, and that instead both sides do their talking on the pitch, which I think all of us would be quite happy with, as I fully expect a Rovers victory.

HAHA

Only need 2 stubs for 2 days, then its Season Tickets, then open sale.

Im quietly confident of picking a fair few up when they go on open sale

they wont go on true open sale. They will require some sort of recent buying history. So thats you knackererd wink.gif

AS IF!

Im a valued member of that database ha ha

Im quietly confident of picking a fair few up when they go on open sale

I think you may be disappointed/surprised. We have 3800 tickets. The first 1200 will go the regular away support, perhaps another 300 on corporate bits and pieces, players etc. That leaves 2300. Now I think I'm right in saying we have around 10,000 ST holders. After taking out say 1000 of those as regular away support that leaves 9000 and a lot of them will want to go. If we do have that many ST holders, and after dealing with the regular away support, only 1 person in 4 will get a ticket.

As a family we very, very rarely go away and I'm looking for at least 3 and perhaps 4. There will also be a lot of instances where families use kids STs to buy adult tickets for Dad's mate etc. So I think you'll find very few, if any, end up on sale on February 15th. I think people using the kid's ST to get adult tickets for a few mates will have a big influence on availability.

Reason im confident is everyone bricked it last time and wouldnt have the balls to go