SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness Out!

LeftWinger

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who could blame MH and his team leaving if they were approached by clubs with greater potential such as ...... Everton?

353980[/snapback]

The way Everton are going, their potential is relegation. And they've got Chelsea next...............

The way Everton are going, their potential is relegation. And they've got Chelsea next...............

354483[/snapback]

Which is exactly where we were at this time last season when Sparky came! Make no mistake Everton are a big club and a lot of their fans are Welsh.

me too!  Especially cos Fat Freddie might just be eyeing MH as replacement. ohmy.gif

OR whichever club FF pillages for his next manager will view MH as replacement. ohmy.gif

Just musing bit given the way sh1t is piling up for our club re: falling support and bad pr, who could blame MH and his team leaving if they were approached by clubs with greater potential such as Newcastle, Villa, City or Everton?  Once the managerial merry go round starts who can predict where it stops?

353980[/snapback]

Sparky may, just may want to leave a bit more of a legacy at Rovers. He might just want to accomplish something before he moves up, or on should I say.

That said, should Sparky move on Mike Newell with the job he has done at Luton is looking like he could be a very capable replacement.

Personally I don't think Sparky is ready to move on.

As for Owen's hamstrings no surprise to anyone here is it. My biggest worry, knowing how unfit our players were when Sparky arrived, is that Owen will be way off the pace come World Cup time. If Souness does not lead his team to victory and they do poorly against bar code juniors in the Cup, he's gone.

Edited by USABlue

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Though I think he's more referring to the fact that Owen said he wouldn't sign with them, sat down with Souness, then signed.

Oh, and Liverpool could sure use his goals this season, but they turned down going for him.

Souness is rapidly starting to lead an extremely charmed life. Headhunted shortly before likely dismissal at Ewood it seems the fact that the Newcastle Board were prepared to lash out 17m on Owen (who'd score goals anywhere) will save him again just in the nick of time.

With a squad like that his next task will be to prove his many doubters wrong and deliver some success.

I'd say God is toying with him somewhat; injure every one of his first team players, turn refs against him, and have him lose several games, then, just when it looks like he'll be sacked, put him on a winning streak. I don't know how he manages to be so lucky, yet so unlucky at the same time.

Oh yeah old Souey has done it again with that signing..... Really pulled it out of the hat against all the odds, I for one didn't see Owen scoring goals, but Soueys' judgement has come up trumps again.  dry.gif

357482[/snapback]

Hey, I'm not being smug. I thought it was a dumb decision to go out and spend so much money on Owen... I'm part way through humble pie at the moment.

• 5 weeks later...

His days have to be numbered.

A vast amount of cash spent with very little gain so far. I want him to stay because otherwise they will be shooting up the table (Luque, Shearer, Owen, Emre, Parker, Dyer, Solano, Faye, Boumsong. That is quality) taking up space we want.

There has to be a connection between Souness and hamstring injuries- it's f-ing unnatural.

As much as I hate to say it, a club with the stature of Newcastle shouldn't be in that position. Something needs doing to rectify the situation at Newcastle, and personally I don't see see the buck stopping with Souness, who to me was a decent manager in his time at Rovers, but the board of directors at Newcastle. Let's just be thankful for the directors we have eh Vinjay? wink.gif

Edited by Tango

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.