BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness Out!

LeftWinger

i hope he gets a decent send off, because yes he may only EVER have won one medal, but.....................

HE HAD TO WIN THE DAMN THING HIMSELF thumbs-up.gif

Another stirling insight from paddyk. Of course anyone with any sort of knowledge of football would know that it didn't quite happen like that. How many of our team got in the players team of the year? A fair few of our players also contributed a good number of goals, and as I recall our defence was pretty useful too.

Granted we may have built a team around Shearer, but they all contributed. Incidentally building a team around your star players isn't a bad idea, you may want to mention the notion to Souness.

All in all though i hope Shearer does get a good send off. Aside from being the best striker I've ever seen, and been pivitol in Rovers success, the chap showed the very rare quality of loyalty in todays modern game, sticking with his home town team despite them not really challenging for for honours. Added to which he turned down Manure, which if somewhat foolhardy was very gratifying. Clearly a talent such as Shearer should have won bucket loads of medals, and perhaps if he'd shown a bit less loyalty to Newcastle, or Newcastle had shown a bit more loyalty to a certain manager he would have won a medal with his beloved Newcastle.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone count how many hamstring injuries Rovers had undeer sourness and co ?

yet agin another nufc strikes with the dreaded hamstring injury ohmy.gif

Hope shearer and own dont chase the long ball biggrin.gif

345956[/snapback]

At one time or another I think all our midfield had hamstring injuries and I think Cole may have had one?

Can Souness and his training staff not recognise that there is someting wrong with their training techniques?

Ah well, not our problem anymore thumbs-up.gif

I dont see what N'castle fans are expecting? They sign owen, so that means they are garanteed and top 6 place. Sorry to tell you this but Owen is no Pele. People seem to have forgot this as he has been away from England for a year.

Yes he is an excellent goal scorer, but how many countless goal droughts did owen have at Liverpool, a club where he will get twice as many chances a game then at nufc?

He will score goals, for sure but he doesnt half miss chances as well. The question is, will nufc create enough to make up for this and judging by todays game the answer is no. Sets up next sunday nicely tho! rover.gif

Has Souness got the franchise on dodgy hamstrings?

He's been there just over twelve months and lost Dyer (more than once), Luque, Emre, Bramble, Boumsong, Babayaro and Carr to the problem in that time. That's not forgetting the same problems here over a number of years.

Training (or should I say lack of it) problems????

By Alan Oliver

Souness, of course, fell out with the likes of Andy Cole, David Dunn, Dwight Yorke and Andy Todd during his time as manager of Blackburn. The first three have left the club, while Todd is suspended for Sunday.

I remember boarding a plane with United in Lisbon when Souness and his backroom staff were furious about comments made by then Blackburn skipper Garry Flitcroft on the eve of last season's FA Cup semi-final with Manchester United.

They claimed that Souness had done so much for Flitcroft, who had then stabbed his former manager in the back.

But Flitcroft is now languishing in the Blackburn Reserves and that is another reason why the spotlight will be all on the Souness-Bellamy meeting on Sunday.

Bellamy v Souness

Count down to dismissal?

347281[/snapback]

Rovers will need to be on their guard on Sunday because these kind of "backs to the wall" situations that now exist at Newcastle very often inspire the players to make a superhuman effort on the managers behalf, and Rovers could cop for it bigtime.

Looking around a couple of Newcastle sites and came across this interesting avatar.

Familiar ??

347486[/snapback]

They missed out "We were mugged by Lady Luck today"

Just to put the Souness legacy into perspective it said in the LET today he spent (frittered away) 48 million quid during his time at Ewood.

Over the same period Allardyce spent 5 million.

rover.gif as the winner off bet24 corperate day out at ewood on sunday,hopefully i will get the chance off meeting mr souness.i will shake his hand -thank him for everything he did,and then thank the lord that freedie shepard is chairman off the magpies tinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.