BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Vs Man Utd. 1st Leg

bob fleming

Good game. I think the first half was even, Savage should of scored after 30 seconds. The second half was a nightmare for us in terms of possession, we couldn't put a few passes together. Kuqi should of scored, as well.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

United are a team of great individuals not a great team on this showing.

We looked tired and nervy second half, with Tugay and Savage unable to compete with a younger, stronger midfield pairing. I think Reid on earlier could changed things. And Dickov on could have closed down United more effectively at the back.

A 25% chance of success in my book.

Saw the highlights only, I must say how I wish we had a top class striker to partner Bellers.  Not taking anything away from Kuqi but the chance that Bellamy created for him had goal written all over it.

373832[/snapback]

I've actually got a feeling that there will be another striker at Ewood by the time the second leg comes up. With Jansen gone we are only left with three proper strikers, Hughes can't possibly be hinking of finishing the season on those. One injury and we are in real trouble.

Whether it will be a class player or someone to make up the numbers I can't really say though.

One thing that really struck me last night was what a waste of space Ronaldo is - he just runs fast, jiggles his legs a bit with his little red bootees on ( laugh.gif ) and falls over every bloody time anyone goes near him...talent wasted on showboating and trying to get others booked. I work in Manchester with loads of pub reds who also reckon he's a waste of space.

...and as for Smith being the new Keane...FFS

Edited by Dufflite

Last word, Smith went for Sav and should have gone, also I am pretty sure Rooney punched Sav in the face.  Had it been the opposite way around I would bet everything in my wallet Sav, or any other Rovers player, would have walked.  Let's put em out at their place. Sweet.

373832[/snapback]

No doubt in my mind Rooney punched Savage. I didn't see the tackle and haven't see the highlights, what got me out of my seat was the sight of Rooner clearly run in and punch Savage. I've heard very little of it on here or in the press except one brief report on Five Live suggested is was a fore-arm smash tothe chest. I'm not sure if Savage and Smith should have walked but without doubt Rooney should have done.

Kugi had a poor game but everyone seems to have forgotten how much his performnaces have improved in recent weeks.

No doubt in my mind Rooney punched Savage. I didn't see the tackle and haven't see the highlights, what got me out of my seat was the sight of Rooner clearly run in and punch Savage. I've heard very little of it on here or in the press except one brief report on Five Live suggested is was a fore-arm smash tothe chest. I'm not sure if Savage and Smith should have walked but without doubt Rooney should have done.

Kugi had a poor game but everyone seems to have forgotten how much his performnaces have improved in recent weeks.

374046[/snapback]

Paul, you've heard little cos people do not believe it happened. Glad someone else saw it.

Had a read at the clarrots board from whoseits link. Bloody hell them clarrots are daft.

Punch to the face, left hand. No question in my mind. The best view of it actually comes from a camera angle directly behind the ref, to be fair to him if it's hard to see in the replays what real chance did he have of picking out that incident in the midst of the melee.

Edited by USABlue

Ronaldo is world class.

374088[/snapback]

ohmy.gif

Are you having a laugh? He has some fancy step-overs and can beat a man...but when does he ever put in a good cross or chip in with a goal? Never.

His effectiveness is almost zero, and some of the Man Utd players know it. There's bags of potential there, don't get me wrong, but right at this moment in time Pedersen is streets ahead of Ronaldo in terms of producing things that matter.

Are you having a laugh?  He has some fancy step-overs and can beat a man...but when does he ever put in a good cross or chip in with a goal?  Never.

374102[/snapback]

For some reason he has never really performed against us, all the more surprising given that we never played with pacy left backs against him (either Matteo or Gray)

Edited by Rover4ever

Ronaldo caused the defence to panic whenever he got the ball, frequently three Rovers players tried to stop him, leaving too much space elsewhere.

Fergie's half time change of pushing up his fullbacks stifled our width and we were unable to play through the middle. This did however leave them with two at the back for most of the second half but because of Kuqi's ineptitude, we were unable to capitalise on this, the few occasions that Bellamy was played into the wide open spaces down the channels.

If they try this again at OT I'd like to see Emerton brought on to play up front with Bellers thumbs-up.gif

United are a team of great individuals not a great team on this showing.

We looked tired and nervy second half, with Tugay and Savage unable to compete with a younger, stronger midfield pairing.  I think Reid on earlier could changed things.  And Dickov on could have closed down United more effectively at the back. 

373998[/snapback]

Agree with the Reid statement but the pressing of our midfield was mainly because Rooney kept dropping deep creating a 5 man midfield for them and denying Tugay any time and space. I told my mate after the first 10 mins that Wed would not be a 'Tugay' game.

I think one of the reasons why we dropped deep might have been to deal with Saha. In the first half he looked their most lively player, hanging on the shoulder of the last man. He did nothing in the second half, but the danger of playing that deep is that when you clear the ball it normally just ends up coming straight back at you, especially when you've got Kuqi upfront and his first touch makes the ball go further than Rooney can volley it. Definitley agree that Bert, Dickov and Reid should start the second leg.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.