BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reidy!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kin football does my head in! Just as everything in our garden is coming up roses we get kicked in the teeth again! I should be used to it by now but stuff like this still gets to me.

Neill out ... cash only now unless Rafa wants to include the currently well underperforming StevieG in the swop now! I'm sure we'd get him enjoying his football again.

This is terrible news - if Pleasure us right of course.

I find it a bit odd that there's been nothing from the club about it, but this really is a devastating blow (for the player as well as the team of course). It looked like our recent good form was set to get a timely boost with the return of some key reinforcements. Hopefully there's nothing in this or the injury isn't as serious as first feared.

I find it a bit odd that there's been nothing from the club about it, but this really is a devastating blow (for the player as well as the team of course). It looked like our recent good form was set to get a timely boost with the return of some key reinforcements. Hopefully there's nothing in this or the injury isn't as serious as first feared.

If it happened yesterday the club would presumably want to have a 'proper' report - ie after tests before they make any kind of public statement.

If it's true then im glad we didnt go for Dunn. Without Reid its even more important toget someone in who isn't going to break down every few weeks.

Dont forget that the Axe can still come in and do a role.

Its really important that we get someone in with quality, rather than looking for a bargain.

Koumas or Sidwell for me

It is true unfortunately.

Lucas Neill told me today, he snapped his knee in training yesterday though it hasn't been diagnosed yet.

When i asked him if he's out for the season he said "And some more"

he said he was looking really good in training as well

And if there was any financial reason Hughes wanted to keep it quiet, we've just gone and blown it on this board.

Don't be silly. Many thanks for the confirmation Brownie.

Best wishes to Reidy for a full recovery asap. Fate really hasn't smiled kindly on him since he decided to stay loyal to us and sign a new contract. :(

If this is true (Pleasure's never been right in the past, but I doubt he would make this up about something so serious) it makes the apparent decision not to go for Dunn even more unfortunate and ill timed.

I agree 100% Rev, I mean if we don't get Dunny who will keep Reidy company in the treatment room? :D

This is a real body blow for Rovers and for Reidy. Crushed.

Edited by USABlue

I heard the bad news today. I am absolutly gutted for him. Not only is he a great player and adds alot to the team but from speaking to him in the past he is great lad who loves his football.

Hopefully he will make a full recovery and be back to his best early next season, if not sooner.

Devastating news about Steven. His return to the team was seen as one of the reasons why we would have a good second half to the season. We definately need another central midfielder now, because Savage, Tugay and Mokoena can't be our only midfield options for the rest of the season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.