BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

TBH even though looking at the facts it seems obvious what is going on, but i still don't know what to think?

if he is unhappy, he has to leave imo. We don't want another lucash neil saga and a 10-15 million price tag would be well tidy for the rovers coffers.

if we did keep him, he may still knock in another 20 goals next season but do we want a player who dissrespects the club and wouldn't be to hot with the players at the club, it could effect team spirit and morale too.

maybe the media have blown his comments all out of proportion?

maybe a 1 season wonder and would be crap next season?

the worst him going AWOL?

the bottom line is hughes will sort it out, he won't take no ###### and whatever he thinks goes.

It's just so dissapointing that he has to air his views in public with total disregard for his employers. Press misquotes and agents propaganda is one thing, but this is just a joke! Fine him a months wages for disrespcting his employer and yeah, slap him on the transfer list while you're at it!

As for Defoe, that would be the biggest coup of the lot but unfortunately, it's not gonna happen!

I'm in danger of replying to my own post but check this out - the last part of his interview:

"If that opportunity occurs to go and play for a team like that (West Ham one presumes), then I would love for my management to look at the possibility and look in their heart to make it possible to make a move like that."

Look at it in their heart? Yes Benny, just like you're looking in your heart (or is that your bank balance you greedy git)!

its a damm god shame because he's a very good player, but he wants out and i don't know why he has not handed in a transfer request in yet

defoe would be an ideal replacement for him, but sadly i think some of the bigger clubs will come in for him

Must admit this is an unpleasant development.

The club is negotiating with essentially foreign investors (who read headlines and don't neccessarily understand who to take seriously and who not) to take it to another level and the top scorer is dreaming of playing for a bunch of relegation scrubbers!

The scenario for Benni surely is Rovers sign Bellamy and Benni signs a lucrative extension giving him parity.

So what is he whittering about?

its a damm god shame because he's a very good player, but he wants out and i don't know why he has not handed in a transfer request in yet

Could be the same as Barton when he left City, as he'd probably want a 'loyalty' bonus for not handing ina request? Although that term these days is very questionable. <_<

Must admit this is an unpleasant development.

The club is negotiating with essentially foreign investors (who read headlines and don't neccessarily understand who to take seriously and who not) to take it to another level and the top scorer is dreaming of playing for a bunch of relegation scrubbers!

The scenario for Benni surely is Rovers sign Bellamy and Benni signs a lucrative extension giving him parity.

So what is he whittering about?

It's ok - he will be another ex-rover that leaves and sees his career stand still. Hughes is no mug and we will have a replacement for sure!

Benni has to rememeber that a high proportion of the goals he scored were actually put on a plate for him by Bents, MGP etc. Can't see the like of Boa Morte and Matty Etherington supplying him like we have. Even Chelsea wont accomodate that and he will be second fiddle to Drogba and used as a sub/carling cup games.

Now sling yer hook or shut up, Benni

i don't know why he has not handed in a transfer request in yet

Then he loses his loyalty bonus.... :blink:

If he wants Champions League football then fine but it's turning into another Lucas Neill who just wants another signing on fee and highly inflated wages that don't match what he is worth.

From the article we see that Benni is very careful in his use of words. Reading between the lines I think he is desperate for a move to Chelsea. I'm afraid this is just the start of something that might turn very ugly....

One more thing, the way he calls West Ham a great team in the Premier League and with great history... :blink:

Nice to see he's got the same sense of humour as Mr.Neill :rolleyes:

I don't really understand him saying, its everyones dream to play in the champions league, when he's already been there and won it, and then to go on to say it would be nice playing for a great club like Chelski or West Ham, correct me if im wrong but West Ham aren't in the champions league :wstu:

unless have the FA decided to magically give them another 20pts to get them there on top of the 3 at Ewood that kept them up. But the thing that annoys me the most is that it wasn't so long ago he was saying he likes it here and wasn't going anywhere. I think if we get another top striker in and keep Benni then we have a better chance that West Ham of getting into the champions league

Just go Benni, im sick of your "Champions League dreams"

We brought you here and that's how you repay us.

No, he repaid us with 20 odd goals scored in a season. If he goes he will also bring in more cash than his transfer fee and season´s wages cost us.

He´s under contract and Rovers have made it clear he´s not for sale. So he´s being stupid and answering press questions because his angent has told him it´s the best way of getting a move for more money. or even more likely, get a new contract at Rovers with more money.

If the great man does go to Wham, the home game on the 8th December is going to be like playing Burnley!

Especially if we just hapen to have Liar ( "Yes..the ball was over the line") Devine on the touchline again!

Can't wait!

Can't believe that people think that we didn't benefit from having the second top-scorer in the Premiership and that we should wave him goodbye.

My preference is for Benni to be playing in a Roverd team next season. Always plenty of posturing at this stage and the press are always interested in filling close-season column inches.

No doubt Sparky will make the right decision, he's done pretty well so far.

I just cannot see Rovers losing out with McCarthy, whatever happens. It is gonna take big big money to buy him probably more than we would have to shell out for Bellamy.

Another thing he should learn to keep his gob shut on tv !

All this talk of £15 - £30 million for McCarthy is absolutely nuts. He's had one good season in the premiership and, at 29, has definitley reached his peak level of performance. He was hot and cold at times last season and is not in the same class as Bellamy. I think £12 million would be the absolute maximum that any club would pay. Likewise, however, I cannot see him leaving for less than that sum.

If we were in a situation whereby we could buy Bellamy with the money received for McCarthy, then the only reason I would be cautious is the uncertainty over Bellamy's fitness.

His constant casual talks to the press about his future is really annoying me now. Once is fair enough, let the others out there know that he would be open to the move. But if you're going to do it three or four times in the space of a month or two, then there is no subtlety and he may as well demand a move.

I know many have their doubts and criticisms over Mido, but he and Bellamy would be a great paternership next season. If we sold McCarthy, I reckon we could probably just about afford both.

Sorry tcj but that is risible.

Benni is worth whatever Rovers ask for him- simple as that. Tell me, next season (and given the average Prem Manager lasts about 3 of them in one job) would you chose McCarthy or Bent to spearhead your front line (hint one of them scored about twice as many goals as the other in all competitions)?

So which player would most Managers prefer to see in their side?

On that basis, if Rovers won't lift an eyelid under £20m, what is McCarthy's price? In the same way some people would sell Todd and Jeffers for well under half of Rovers' asking price, I guess Rovers will leave Hughes' speculation that Benni is more valuable than Berbatov as the benchmark in case anyone is even thinking about making a bid in the £12m region. In all these cases, Rovers will get their price or keep their man. They might be a bit more flexible on 31 August if all the club's shopping has been successfully completed.

No doubt Sparky has an appropriate welcome back to Brockhall waiting for Benni.

PS I didn't mention Mido :o I would have edited out the word risible but on reflection, we were extremely fortunate the Egyptian was such a ditherer with Rovers last summer.

Edited by philipl

He's not going to perform with that attitude.

Get rid for top dollar, and I mean top dollar. If he thinks he's a big shot then someone will have to pay big shot prices.

And if no one meets our valuation bang him in the reserves and give Matty a run.

Total disgrace!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.