BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1-1Tottenham

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be a case of just who can put a half decent team out as they have as many injuries as us. At the moment chimpbondi, davenport,lennon,king,gardener,stalteri and jenas are all out for them UNLESS of course the Engand syndrome injury gets better for jenas and Lennon !

Thankfully all the teams below us lost, so whatever the result we won't continue sliding down.

And that's just as good as I see another loss on the cards. Spurs have big players that are capable of beating anyone, despite their start to the season. Berbatov should net a few. But if Robbie Savage is back and manages to kick us up back into the gear, I think we might just salvage a draw.

Blackburn 0 Bolton 1

Blackburn 0 Chelsea 2

West Ham 2 Blackburn 1

Aston Villa 2 Blackburn 0

Blackburn 0 Man Utd 1

hmmm...predictions for the Spurs game...

Blackburn 0 Spurs 4

Jol starts playing with himself as he's never had it so good.

Can we get a point without Savage in the side?

Personally I don't think so.

0-2 tomorrow, the chronic lack of investment in the playing side of things since Hughes took over to be highlighted once again and game on as far as the relegation scrap is concerned.

After which things might start to gradually improve and tomorrow may be the low point of the season.

the chronic lack of investment in the playing side of things since Hughes took over

What is driving this obsessive campaign to slag off the board?

I ignore Vinjay because he's banned (and on cloud99), I take Exiled In Toronto's rants with a pinch of salt because he has always - incessantly - slagged off the Rovers heirarchy...

You - Simon - you know full well that the comment you have made about "lack of investment in the playing side" is bollux. Rubbish. Maybe the club has moved on from wasting good money, but the club does still splash the cash when Mark Hughes wants it splashed.

A club like ours can't have two Savages. You have Savage and you have cover for Savage - the replacement is inferior. You have Tugay and you can't come close to replicating him. Hughes has spent good money to cover those areas as well is he can, so it's ridiculous to suggest that lack of investment is to blame.

I've met John Williams and Tom Finn, and talked about investment in players. I know that Blackburn Rovers stretch the cash they have to the limit to bring in the best players possible. And I know that they wring out every sinew to maximise income - and spending on players.

I've met John Williams and Tom Finn, and talked about investment in players. I know that Blackburn Rovers stretch the cash they have to the limit to bring in the best players possible. And I know that they wring out every sinew to maximise income - and spending on players.

I'll second that.

Rovers is no longer the obsession of a wealthy supporter, it has to be run as a business.And as a business it has to keep its head above water or it will sink without trace.

Sorry off topic.

Who is going to be captain today. ?

My first-ish game at Ewood between Rovers and Spurs I think was near the end of the 80's when we played them in the league cup. We got a 0-0 at the Lane, but lost 1-2 at home after extra time, to a side that had Gazza, Chris Waddle, Clive Allen, Paul Stewart all at the height of their game. Got home and was dead chuffed to be able to watch the highlights on TV-Rovers on TV was a rarity then!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.