BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester United Away

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Manchester United team of this season is the best I've seen in my life (at least in this country). It's virtually impossible to find a weak spot and they have so much pace and invention going forward that they're a nightmare to deal with.

Hopefully it won't shake our confidence too much, there's not a whole lot you can do when they're like that.

Dunno why you got your hopes up. They've been a cut above everyone else all season, what exactly did you think we were going to do? Even at 1-0 I was pretty sure the outcome would be what eventually ended up happening.

Well, If you don't have any hope at one up come half time, when can you? Do you need a five goal cushion to have hope? Currently living in Bergen I thought the better part of "Bergensere" are optimistic about most things - this includes the weather which is questionable to say the least...

That Manchester United team of this season is the best I've seen in my life (at least in this country). It's virtually impossible to find a weak spot and they have so much pace and invention going forward that they're a nightmare to deal with.

Better than the Arsenal side who walked away with the title a couple of years ago? I hardly think so. They're not even as good the United team that tore up everything in its path in the late 90s. They've been lucky with injuries and rightfully took advantage of Chelsea's woeful form in the middle of the season. They'll win the league, but I honestly hope that's it.

Our 2nd half performance was an absolute disgrace :angry: the defending was worse than normal sunday league standard

2nd half was as bad as any I've seen this season. Couldn't defend, couldn't keep the ball, couldn't even string three passes together, gave them far to much time on the ball.

We were late out for the 2nd half, so late in fact, we never started it.

Mind you, they could have been four up at half time.

Roll on Chelski (there not as good are they) :ph34r:

First half we competed fairly well chasing and pressing and, apart from some awful marking on Rooney, 1 - 0 certainly didn't flatter us. Even after the goal we were still competing. The last 10 minutes of the half I imagine everyone, as I, was thinking let's get in at half time one up. Why? I would love to know what the game plan was. After 2 minutes the inevitability was there for all to see. It was men against boys (eg. the way Ferdinand twice disposed of Derbyshire and our almost comical inability to "get rid"). As has been mentioned the forwards gave no outlet and in these situations Mcarthy, who seems to be getting slower by the game, provides nothing. Yes the mancs were very good and I'm not too disheartened especially with Hughes' potential to quickly turn around this type of dismal performance.

Guest shoppybrfc
Each time when we lead the game and then Hughes will defend after half time and the result is that we will lose. Didn't Hughes Learn???

hasnt hughes learnt that bringing on Roberts will not get us a goal. Please sell the guy in the summer Mark.

The proverbial game of two halves today.

I thought we were comfortably the better of the two sides in the first half.

Second half we never came out of the dressing room.

That's been a real feature of our play this season. We've been able to do it for one half or the other but rarely, if ever, for 90 mins.

I'm beginning to think McCarthy knows he's off somewhere else in the summer. And playing like that, good riddance for a substantial fee.

A number of comments:

I sat in the Stretford End (!) 20 rows directly behind the goal.

Derbs scored and about 5 Rovers fans jumped with joy and no hassle from the 75K Mancs around us.

I could not once hear the Rovers fans in the corner at the other end of the ground...were you singing?

Benni MacCarthy was a disgrace in the first half; feigned an injury for 3/4 mins then galloped on to a thru ball, an absolute embarrassment (or cheat perhaps)

great pass from Ped which lead to a well taken goal from Derbs

2nd half we didn't show. It took 30 mins until we got into their penalty area. Samba gave away a goal, and Toogs passed to the Reds on a regular basis; but we were lucky overall not to have 10 against us.

The most one sided game against us all seaosn. the only plus points were Brad, Axe and derbs.

ps. the word in Manc Land is that Derbs is on his way to OT.

We were sh*t.

Well, If you don't have any hope at one up come half time, when can you? Do you need a five goal cushion to have hope? Currently living in Bergen I thought the better part of "Bergensere" are optimistic about most things - this includes the weather which is questionable to say the least...

No see, you've got it backwards there. If there is one thing you learn by being from Bergen, it is to be realistic...and to enjoy anything that looks like success as long as it lasts. Because generally, it won't last long. This goes for the weather too. I can see how that is mistaken for optimism, but it isn't. That's why we go absolutely nuts when SK Brann are doing well (and when they eventually win the league...this place will be on its head, you'll want to be here for it). That's also why this place is the best place to be when the sun is out.

Just watched the match on sky. Why wasn't Ferdinand booked for kicking the ball away????? By the looks of it he really hurt a supporter with his kick. Ah well, one rule for one and one for another :angry::angry:

I will always wonder why we can play ok for one half but not for another :unsure: Surely we should have learnt by now to back up our lines. Ah well, hopefully we will beat them in the FA Cup final :rolleyes:

That should put paid to our dreams of finishing in the top 6 now.

And just as I thought West Ham won today.

If they manage to escape relegation now, our debt to them and Ludek will have been well and truly paid!

I'm beginning to think McCarthy knows he's off somewhere else in the summer. And playing like that, good riddance for a substantial fee.

I tend to agree Rev, he'll be off back to the Continent for an easier paycheck and we'll be left wondering where the goals will come from, A La Bellers. He does not have the stomach for the hard graft, sweet finisher though.

No way would United be interested in Derbyshire at the moment.

Today was rather a let down. I have no idea why we decided to sit back and try and defend our lead for an entire half. Credit has to be given to United who played very well in the second half, but we made it rather easy for them. Hopefully that gameplan can be thrown out of the window for the cup semi-final and we will realise that if you are doing well against a big team and take the lead then you should simply keep playing the way that you were.

The most one sided game against us all seaosn. the only plus points were Brad, Axe and derbs.

ps. the word in Manc Land is that Derbs is on his way to OT.

We were sh*t.

Why would Utd want Derbs? he is a promising player but united dont buy promising players they buy the near finished product. They will buy a striker in the summer but it will be more like Villa than a Derbs or a Doyle.

Personally I didn't think we played too badly till the last twenty minutes. Much as I hate them Man U are outstanding at the moment and we just couldn't live with them at home.

Why would Utd want Derbs? he is a promising player but united dont buy promising players they buy the near finished product. They will buy a striker in the summer but it will be more like Villa than a Derbs or a Doyle.

Let's get a grip folks, he isn't even that promising. Yes, he scored at OT but it was a tap-in, like most of his goals this season. United aren't going to splash the cash on a player who has shown a little heart and probably one or two good pieces of skill.

........ the only plus points were Brad, Axe and derbs.

........ We were sh*t.

The Axe gifted Scholes the ball for their opener when he should have simply put his foot through the ball. :rolleyes:

As for the we were sh1t lets remember ...

1 that MU are running away with the Prem in some style and are absolutely desperate not to slip up. Yesterday with the exception of Saha they were at full strength whilst we still have 2/3 big players who would have been made for yesterdays tussle sidelined with long term injury probs.

2. that they have hugely expensive players on the pitch who are priced way beyond our means AND that they do not sell their best players every 12 months.

3. The first half was a much better performance than the second and such is our perception that if this had been reversed we would have been left feeling far more positive. This was a lot like the Arsenal away league match where the last 15 mins appeared to become a cave-in.

Archived