BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Loony Toons: Newcastle Preview

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Next week could be worrying with manure due in town.

Guaranteed a 29000 crowd.

Guaranteed a cracking atmosphere.

Guaranteed that the hostility between both clubs will be on view.

Guaranteed we will see the pre match build up centred on Ince versus RFW and the supposed fall out between them.

The real things that concerns me are a, where are manure playing in Europe in midweek ?

b, just how bad is our injury list going to be come Saturday 5pm ?

Away to Aalborg. Don't know much about the team, however, Fergie may rest some of the players.

Delighted with the result but we were hanging on it seemed in the second half... Simpson wont be able to play next week so Nelsen will probably get a reprieve with Ooijer coming in at full back.

I simply think it is impossible to play Ooijer at fullback against the pace Man Utd have. If Etherington can eat him alive it is shocking to think what Roanldo, Giggs, Rooney, Tevez or Nani will do.... Emerton back to full back for me, and I would hope Ince will take a look at sticking Santa out right like Hughes did last year. Evre couldn't deal with him at all in the air, and Utd always give a shed load of space behind their fullbacks. Bring Roberts back in as the lone striker in a 4231 to get phyical.

I just noticed typical BBC saying Newcastle deserved a draw today. How?? We absolutely dominated the 1st half and probably should have been about 3 goals up, they only scored cos of a dodgy penalty and could hardly muster a shot on target from open play! How did they deserve an equaliser? Also, I notice that Owen scored highest on the player rater which is a joke, although that is technically not really the BBC's fault

I just noticed typical BBC saying Newcastle deserved a draw today. How?? We absolutely dominated the 1st half and probably should have been about 3 goals up, they only scored cos of a dodgy penalty and could hardly muster a shot on target from open play! How did they deserve an equaliser? Also, I notice that Owen scored highest on the player rater which is a joke, although that is technically not really the BBC's fault

They definitely did not deserve a draw.....and Duff was their best player IMO.

Thats a wonderful result. I'm sure most of us were worried that the Rovers charity roadshow was coming to yet another teams aid today, very refreshing to see us put that to bed.

It would appear that Ince is working without the pre-conceived notions that certains players can only do certain things. There's a fine line between experimenting and playing players out of position, but so far he's got it mostly right.

Well done to all concerned - could someone please give me some info on how Charlie played?

I simply think it is impossible to play Ooijer at fullback against the pace Man Utd have. If Etherington can eat him alive it is shocking to think what Roanldo, Giggs, Rooney, Tevez or Nani will do.... Emerton back to full back for me, and I would hope Ince will take a look at sticking Santa out right like Hughes did last year. Evre couldn't deal with him at all in the air, and Utd always give a shed load of space behind their fullbacks. Bring Roberts back in as the lone striker in a 4231 to get phyical.

Don't think Roberts is technically good enough to play lone against Utd. The ball will keep coming back

Great result - rovers too easily loose this type of game and did it the hard way today. But 3 points is three points and lots of the reports I've heard are very positive about how we played. People - media - who think it was guarenteed with the barcodes injuries and owner dispute would do well to remember our lengthy injury list too. Still don't think Ince is great, and has a couple of glaring areas of the team that need work on - but the signs are a lot more promising than after the Arsenal debacle. Indeed this week has been pretty faultless. Manure will be the acid test to see whether the arsenal game was a one off or whether he's a bit clueless against the big teams. I'm not expecting a win but a good fighting performance (and hopefully a point) will do me fine. A couple of questions for those who went:1) did Nelsen have a bad game, or was he unlucky with the pen?2) how much of it was down to the barcodes poor performance and how much of the win was down to us playing well?

Great result... 4 in a row up at Newcastle now! We are turning into their equivalent of WHU!

Dunno if it was accidental or intentional after Dunny's injury had forced the issue but it seems at the moment that moving Warnock into midfield to play alongside Tugay is a masterstroke to match that of moving Bert inside. To think that at one stage during the summer it appeared that he'd be playing against us today! :o

Haven't seen the match and don't want to be picky after a great awayday but it seems my opinion that Nelsen is our 4th best ch is looking to be accurate.

Haven't seen the match and don't want to be picky after a great awayday but it seems my opinion that Nelsen is our 4th best ch is looking to be accurate.

Ince, in his post-match interview sounded extremely ticked off at conceding the penalty as we did; Nelsen's days days are numbered I reckon. Ince must be wondering why on earth he was captain.

Warnock is great with his distribution of the ball when playing central midfield.

He looks top quality there.

Ince, in his post-match interview sounded extremely ticked off at conceding the penalty as we did; Nelsen's days days are numbered I reckon. Ince must be wondering why on earth he was captain.

I think he did not agree with the decision to give the penalty.

Ince revealed his disappointment with the penalty but is pleased with his side's defending.

I counted 431 'you know's' in that interview.

Also his eye brows were doing some sort of victory dance....

i counted roughly 21 and a couple of you knows were back to back but who cares, the way he got us to play in the first half and to see out the game was some good work. His interviews are getting better though to be honest it's not interviews that get you points in this game, it's winning football matches. If interviews won you points, Ian hollaway would be managering a champions league outfit.

Liked the eye brow victory dance though!

Did anyone see Kinnear do himself a massive amount of favours by swearing on Football Focus....haha

"Ashley got this club out of the ######"

welcome return to management haha

Kinnear also has the balance of a touchline ban to serve he picked up in his last game at Forrest.

Somehow today counted although he doesn't officially take over until Monday- wierd- and he won't be allowed on the touchline in his first proper game in charge either.

Tony Cottee tipped Newcastle for relegation after today's game. After the wins Hull and West Brom secured this afternoon/evening, I am so relieved it is the likes of Newcastle now in the bottom three and not Rovers. It could well be a 38 point target to survive and one or more established Prem clubs might get caught this season.

Archived