BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Loony Toons: Newcastle Preview

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second half totally different............they should have had a penalty when Olsson tried to take the ball with 2 hands in the box..............One minute later, nelsen makes a careless challenge on Owen and the ref got out of jail! He wouldn't have given it otherwise I think. Then the Newcastle fans tried to lift the roof off for 15 minutes.........the guys stuck to their task though. I was hoping Ince would take Derbyshire off for Pedersen........he is very good defensively.

Duff gave Simpson a real going over................he is still quality. Our man of the match...I think Emerton..........what a motor that guy has, when we were shaky, he stood up to be counted.

Nelsen will be lucky to keep his place I think. He was reckless 2 or 3 times.

that was nerve-wracking as hell. Great that we hung on. Newcastle really pressured us in the 2nd half and we were lucky to get away with it TBH. The referee was terrible as well. Nelsen should have been off (not that big of a loss TBH), but many decisions for Newcastle were also wrong, including the penalty. Jason Brown didn't have a lot to do, but he was solid when called upon. Bar Nelsen, everyone else did good. Simpson made a few mistakes, but he had so much to do in this game he really did well I thought. Also we have a great striking force.

Damined Duff on the other hand had the first and only game I've seen him play for Newcastle where he was really giving it his all. Kind of a strange to chose to play like this against us of all teams, Damien, but all right.

Excellent result. A typical game for Rovers to go and lose, but we've got the 3 points. Two impressive performances and results!

Getting more and more quiet from the Ince detractors now eh.. Not saying he's proved anything yet, but the signs are positive indeed.

Smooth edit!!;)

Im sure they'll come out of the woodwork next saturday...

Damined Duff on the other hand had the first and only game I've seen him play for Newcastle where he was really giving it his all. Kind of a strange to chose to play like this against us of all teams, Damien, but all right.

I thought, for the most part, that Simpson did a great job of keeping him at bay.

My connection was a bit screwed s did not see that much of the game. What I did see was an excellent controlling perofrmance i the first half which could have yieled 4 goals rather than two. The second half, which I mostly missed, it seemed like we were much poorer and Simposn in particular was given a torrid time by Duff.

Good result. The way Ince is mixing up the team and suing different formations is promising. It will be interesting to see who he goes with against Man Utd. There are now a lot of options out there. Nelsen could well lose his place to Ooijer.

Next week could be worrying with manure due in town.

Guaranteed a 29000 crowd.

Guaranteed a cracking atmosphere.

Guaranteed that the hostility between both clubs will be on view.

Guaranteed we will see the pre match build up centred on Ince versus RFW and the supposed fall out between them.

The real things that concerns me are a, where are manure playing in Europe in midweek ?

b, just how bad is our injury list going to be come Saturday 5pm ?

Delighted with the result but we were hanging on it seemed in the second half... Simpson wont be able to play next week so Nelsen will probably get a reprieve with Ooijer coming in at full back.

Not sure Simpson would have been able to play anyway.

I don't mind losing to United, they are on fire and we have so many people out.

A point would be terrific.

IMO this is the defining victory for Ince's team and his way of managing.

It sends a message to ALL the players, if you play well then you will start.

Olsson. Derbyshire, Carlos, tugay, Warnock in midfield, all excellent decisions.

Anyway I reckon we'll do well and get a 2-0 or 2-1 win giving us 10 points from 6 games which would be a very acceptable start to the season

.............and now I'll go back to the wall papering :)

IMO this is the defining victory for Ince's team and his way of managing.

It sends a message to ALL the players, if you play well then you will start.

Olsson. Derbyshire, Carlos, tugay, Warnock in midfield, all excellent decisions.

Couldn't agree more - wonder why he didn't pick his old buddy Andrews :P

There are a number of people of this message board that should be eating some humble pie. I am not saying he has really proved anything yet, other than the c**p that has been written on here by some board members was totally unjusitifed.

Onwards and upwards - United next - dare we dream of a win - or will it be another Arsenal ?

Archived