BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton Preview

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Tim Cahill be playing?

He's cried off the Australia game with injury.

If he plays, Everton will not lose.

It seems he is injured..good news for us he always scores against us...

Not really sure who is fit but I will have a bit of a stab at a lineup:-

-----------------Kalinic

--Olsson------Dunn-------M Diouf

--------Pedersen---Nzonzi

Givet---Samba----Jones----Salgado

---------------Robinson

If Kalinic is not fit then M Diouf up top and E Diouf on the right. To be honest not a terrible team although hardly a good one either. A huge amount will depend on MGP adapting to a deeper role over the season, Olsson and Nzonzi continuing their impressive development, Dunn staying fit, and Kalinic and M Diouf making a real impact.

Lots of variable factors there. Only dependable consistent players seem to be in the defence. Injuries or a poor form in midfield and up front could see us in real trouble.

A loss is likely, chance of a draw. Win would be extremely good. Worrying to say that when we are at home against a mid table side.

Am flying in from Honker for this.. is the Havelock still a good pre match watering hole? And the Acquaduct?

Try The Navigation sir-beer was good last year and is a nice stroll down the cut towards the ground. This time of year it is pleasant sitting outside next to the canal with a pint of Original.

I'll buy you one if you make it!

Rovers 3-0 Everton. Im going to remain positive, and predict that we will have a very good season. Dunn, Kalinic and MGP to score. I had my pet frog Rooney predict who will win, and he hopped on the Rovers box. ;)

Try The Navigation sir-beer was good last year and is a nice stroll down the cut towards the ground. This time of year it is pleasant sitting outside next to the canal with a pint of Original.

I'll buy you one if you make it!

Will be meeting up with old mate Billinge End Blue so will certainly look it up....but the key question...is it Thwaites?

Not really sure who is fit but I will have a bit of a stab at a lineup:-

-----------------Kalinic

--Olsson------Dunn-------M Diouf

--------Pedersen---Nzonzi

Givet---Samba----Jones----Salgado

---------------Robinson

If Kalinic is not fit then M Diouf up top and E Diouf on the right. To be honest not a terrible team although hardly a good one either. A huge amount will depend on MGP adapting to a deeper role over the season, Olsson and Nzonzi continuing their impressive development, Dunn staying fit, and Kalinic and M Diouf making a real impact.

Lots of variable factors there. Only dependable consistent players seem to be in the defence. Injuries or a poor form in midfield and up front could see us in real trouble.

A loss is likely, chance of a draw. Win would be extremely good. Worrying to say that when we are at home against a mid table side.

I think Emerton vill play and probably Nelsen, don't know who to make way though.

• Backroom

Looks like Mame Diouf will be our only fit striker so let's hope he gets off to a flyer!

I think it could be a frustrating performance for an opening day with more graft than craft but needs must I suppose.

I was impressed with Everton when they came to Ewood at the end of last season. Despite the closeness of the scoreland they looked much better than us. I'm hoping that the start of the season might be a good time to catch them but I have a feeling we'll lose this.

With regards to them selling their end out, have they just got the top tier or do they have half the bottom as well?

Looks like Mame Diouf will be our only fit striker so let's hope he gets off to a flyer!

I think it could be a frustrating performance for an opening day with more graft than craft but needs must I suppose.

Is Kalinic unfit? He played the 1st half vs Celtic, has he pulled up in training or somthing?

I think Emerton vill play and probably Nelsen, don't know who to make way though.

Hum, I suppose that's possible. Emo starting on the right if Kalinic is not fit and M Diouf plays up top. Have to say I am not expecting much from Emerton this year, looks even more bereft of ideas than last year. If El-Hadj is fit I would start him over the Aussie.

Nelsen is a funny one. Exceptional world cup but in Jones and Samba we have an outstanding young pairing which is hard to break up - although it is foreseeable that Samba could play a few games up front the way the striker situation is playing out....!

I do expect to see us switching to 352 quite a bit if we need to change our system during games. We have the personnel for it - four excellent centre backs to choose three from, and three good wing backs - Olsson, Emerton, Salgado. Worked well for us last season. Most other sides won't be set up for dealing with that shape. Hope Sam has been working on the switch in training.

I think we will win. It will be a good game. Everton are a good team but we have got a good team aswell. Think Big sam will play 4-5-1. Everton play 4-5-1, same as rovers. They got 4 good attacking midfielder players who will play like Artera, Pienaer, Osman and Cahill. So we got to play five in midfielder to match up. Most teams now play five midfielders because most games are won and loss in midfield.

My team is:- Robinson; Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Givet; E.Diouf, Dunn, Nzonzi, Pedersen, Olsson; Kalinic

Subs:- Bunn, Jones, Emerton, Chimbonda, Andrews, Hoilett, M.Diouf

2 1 win for us.

if Kalanic is fit could easily see us starting 3-5-2. Sam used it a fair bit in pre-season and maybe he thinks having 3 at the back all the time will make it easier for the midfield to break forward.

Scrapped it for the Scottish games though.

Looking forward to the match:

The team

-------Robbo-------

Salgado-Nelsen-Samba©-GG

-----Emerton-N'Zonzi-----

EH Diouf---Dunn----MGP

-------M Diouf---------

Ollson, Hoilett on the bench for some pace if needed.

The score:

1-0

Dunny

Archived