BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kentaro

philipl

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that nobody is counter arguing my points that there are massive conflicts of interest over all aspects of the playing staff.

Nobody is counter arguing that Rovers will not be seeing the financial benefit of all this.

1. Firstly we do not know the role that Kenataro/Anderson will be taking at Rovers once the takeover is complete- they have not disclosed this to anyone so everything else is specualtion.

2. The owners of the club- VH Group are one the of the most respected business people in India, they are not mugs, if Rovers do not make a financial gain or get relegated/finish in the lower parts of the premier league, this will not benefit them. We need to see them as part of US now, Rovers will be theirs and they will ensure that it grows.

3. The owners know nothing about football? What do the trust know? I am assuming if JW is not in charge they will place someone with football experience in that position- lets cross that bridge when it arrives.

4. I do not like agents BUT they do have a role in the game- Andreson is one of the biggest and will obviously help us having him in our corner (I think Robbo is part of SEM, read it somewhere yesterday, could someone confirm?), he has some of the worlds biggest players in his stable, would be nice to see some of those guys playing for Rovers...

5. City crumbled because the Despot Thanksin ran out of money, the players that Sven brought in were:

Corluka

Fernandes

Elano

Petrov

Boijov

Geovanni

Bianchi

Apart from Bianchi who else was a flop? The Bulgarian suffered some horrific injuries but was one of the hottest properties in Europe.

My verdict is that most people in life do not want change and would rather stick with the status quo however we do not have a choice in the matter as The Trust want to sell.

Sam: Hi boss, we need a striker. I'd like this one player A.

Venky's: Yes we agree, we don't score enough goals. We'll look into it and get back to you.

Sam leaves the office.

Venky's: Hi Jerome, Sam needs a striker and wants player A.

Kentaro: He's a good player, but I know of this lad who's exactly what you need, player B.

Venky's: So you think this one is better?

Kentaro: Definitly, he's going to be the next big thing, perfect for you. I'll get the ball rolling.

Venky's: We've been in this from the start, I trust your judgement. I'll speak to Sam.

Sam gets called into the office.

Venky's: Hi Sam, player A is not available, however we can get this one player B. What do you think?

Sam: I've looked at him before, he's not what we need.

Venky's: We feel he is and we'll be getting him in on loan.

Sam: He won't cut the mustard, I don't want him. He's not premiership material.

Venky's: We believe he is.

What do you think will happen next???

No manager in this country will work under these sort of conditions. Newcastle with Wise, Spurs with the Italian. Kentaro will be looking to do what is their prime directive and that is to look after their players. Its highly obvious that they have a strong bond with each other, proven by their attendance at the game. In all essence they will be a sounding board for any decisions that are made almost like a director of football. However he won't be employed by Rovers, he's employed by the players he represents and their interests will always come first.

The players highlighted earlier are interesting.

Corluka - Best of the bunch, great right back. Had to be sold as the club was dying financially.

Fernandes - 4.5M cost played 40+ games sold on for 2million. Flop

Elano - Very good player. Very disruptive behind the scenes & only played when he wanted too. Flop, just ask Hughes.

Petrov - Great in patches, but physically not up to the demands of the league. Injured most of the time. Flop.

Boijov - Cost 6 million, rivals Dunn & Grella for treatment time, eventually sold for less than half of that. 11 apps, 2 goals, 3 years. Flop

Geovanni - Popped in scored 3 memorable goals and spent the rest of the time strolling round the pitch. Absolute luxury of a player.

Bianchi - absolute flop, cost them millions. 50,000 a week, 9 million fee I'd be surprised if they got more than £4.00. Corrado Grabbi MKII.

If the whole concept is to bring in Kentaro's best and brightest and sell them on at profit, I'd say it doesn't make for good reading. 1 of them was a success and he went as soon as the money dried up. The rest well they all went on to not be sold for a profit.

I'm sure all those deal were seen as mutually benefical, but the track record clearly shows thats not how it ended up.

Our new owners will turn to Kentaro over almost every choice they have to make. Will Kentaro do what's best for Rovers???

Can't believe people are being so naive to think the Kentaro can be that much of a positive influence for us - I think this will see changes in the manager probably and also likely a "director of football" figure may come in.

All guess work at this stage.

However we can safely say for sure, most agents are scum-bags and having them so tied in with the owners of your football club is not a good thing IMO. The fact Venky's were at the game yesterday with Anderson suggests this could be a very close working partnership.

It really confuses me as to why people continue to ask why individuals like Philip and myself are questioning this takeover.

I'm honestly beginning to question whether you feel the same way about the club as I do.

You're willing to:

1. Have owners that know NOTHING about football.

2. A TOTALLY uncertain future

3. Renaming of the stadium

4. The removal of everything that is Blackburn Rovers.

5. Operate purely for the purpose of advertising.

6. Have Blackburn Rovers used in anyway that VH see fit to enhance their bank balance.

For FIVE MILLION pounds in January. I have it on very good authority that this was the amount the Trustees were going to release in January anyway!

To be changing the way the club operates, I want to see a little more on offer.

Involvement with Kentaro is dangerous, make no mistake about it. It amused me that Roberto mentioned 'Surely Kentaro will just be offering your club players.' Once VH get their hands on this club, they will be the only ones between Kentaro and the first team. This is too scary to contemplate. They have already showed what they can do at City! If it wasn't for them being extremely fortunate they would be sharing a position with Portsmouth now.

I was sat at Ewood today looking up at the prospective new owners and all I felt was depressed. A family, small town and loved club is about to become a living and breathing advertisement for battery chicken farming. I'm over the moon about that.

An open question to the board (Chaddy in particular):

Why are you looking forward to this deal being completed?

Why are some of us looking forward to this deal being completed?

Because frankly,we're currently suffering death by a thousand cuts.In our current state we have a couple of years left in the Premiership at best.

I for one,and I know many others agree,don't believe your guff about the Trust being about to invest £5m in Januauary..it's all smoke and hot air..we've heard it all before.

I do wonder if a big part of the responses of people like yourself and Philip is essentially down to something as simple as Imy was suggesting..a fear of change.

This is going to happen BPF..Syed ultimately failed the tyre-kicker test for whatever reason,get over it.How about starting to put some of the effort you're investing in scaremongering into thinking how we might get this to work for the club we all love??

Why are some of us looking forward to this deal being completed?

Because frankly,we're currently suffering death by a thousand cuts.In our current state we have a couple of years left in the Premiership at best.

I for one,and I know many others agree,don't believe your guff about the Trust being about to invest £5m in Januauary..it's all smoke and hot air..we've heard it all before.

I do wonder if a big part of the responses of people like yourself and Philip is essentially down to something as simple as Imy was suggesting..a fear of change.

This is going to happen BPF..Syed ultimately failed the tyre-kicker test for whatever reason,get over it.How about starting to put some of the effort you're investing in scaremongering into thinking how we might get this to work for the club we all love??

I've replied to this on the other thread Yeti.

Some excellent points made by Maji on this thread!!

For starters it is looking increasingly unlikely that there will be a place for John Williams at the club if Kentaro become the de fact management- after all John has frequently bemoaned the way agents have leached fortunes from the game and forced player remuneration into the stratosphere. The club has an enormous debt of gratitude to John for the brilliant way he has managed and guided the club with passion and professionalism and I for one fear enormously for our future without him if this what is to happen under our new hands on "too early to comment" putative owners and their Kentaro siamese twins (joined at the hip and certainly mouth in ear as seen at Ewood today).

OK the fate of Chairman and Manager is speculation but the job of the agent is to push for higher wages and the job of the club management is to keep wages under control- how is that going to work when agent and football advisor are one and the same?

I can't be bothered to get into all of this but on this point do we know that Williams does want to stay? Don't get me wrong I am in the camp that thinks he has done a brilliant job but I may be wrong but I haven't seen him say anywhere that he definitely wants to stay or go, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

It really confuses me as to why people continue to ask why individuals like Philip and myself are questioning this takeover.

I'm honestly beginning to question whether you feel the same way about the club as I do.

You're willing to:

1. Have owners that know NOTHING about football. I don't honestly know about this but I doubt many recent new owners knew anything about football either, some have worked others haven't.

2. A TOTALLY uncertain future As opposed to a very certain future that we are headed Championship way if things stay as they are, if we were to go down under the current regime, in my view there would be a very very long road back

3. Renaming of the stadium Couldn't care less to be honest, we all know it will be Ewood to the fans forever

4. The removal of everything that is Blackburn Rovers. Why where is the club going?

5. Operate purely for the purpose of advertising. Ah ok now understand the point above, we are moving into the advertising industry, haven't seen that anywhere have to read things more carefully. IF you mean it on a player advertising point of view then that means that players are trying their best for our club, true it will be for ulterior motives but it is just the same we were under Hughes with Bentley, Roque etc

6. Have Blackburn Rovers used in anyway that VH see fit to enhance their bank balance. Does this mean they are going to be looking to make money straight away because spending £40m seems a daft way of doing it. All on black would be better to me.

For FIVE MILLION pounds in January. I have it on very good authority that this was the amount the Trustees were going to release in January anyway! We all have the same good authority then, but we have heard this about the trustees before, last January ring any bells? The new owners have said £5m but would look at things if needed, which in my eyes suggests if any good deals come along they'd think about giving more

Why are you looking forward to this deal being completed? Because the outlook currently is so sodding depressing, we all have to admit that there is no ideal person who wants to own us

Venky's: Yes we agree, we don't score enough goals. We'll look into it and get back to you.

Sam leaves the office.

Kentaro: He's a good player, but I know of this lad who's exactly what you need, player B.

Kentaro: Definitly, he's going to be the next big thing, perfect for you. I'll get the ball rolling.

Venky's: We've been in this from the start, I trust your judgement. I'll speak to Sam.

Venky's: Hi Sam, player A is not available, however we can get this one player B. What do you think?

Venky's: We feel he is and we'll be getting him in on loan.

Venky's: We believe he is.

What do you think will happen next???

or it could happen like this:

Sam leaves the office.

Venky's: Ok Sam, as the manager of the team I own, we trust your decision.

Venky's: Ok. Tell us who else you think will make in impact for us and we'll try and get them instead.

Maybe it's best if we all stop guessing....

Sam leaves the office.

Venky's: Ok. Tell us who else you think will make in impact for us and we'll try and get them instead.

In both models, Sam doesn't get the player he wants...

The same people getting so concerned over this bid were the ones who were screaming for Syed Ali to purchase Rovers a month ago. That is what discredits their argument. So few people on here know anything of any substance regarding this takeover that its stupid to speculate.

Several people are making up their arguments as they go along without any kind of factual evidence, just opinions mascarading as so. Everyone has every right to be concerned however when those concerns are based on pure guesswork then what's the point??

BPF's summary of concerns just confirms this:

1. Have owners that know NOTHING about football.

2. A TOTALLY uncertain future

3. Renaming of the stadium

4. The removal of everything that is Blackburn Rovers.

5. Operate purely for the purpose of advertising.

6. Have Blackburn Rovers used in anyway that VH see fit to enhance their bank balance.

- What on earth do those points amount to?? The owners know NOTHING about football? According to who? Isnt that what Kentaro is for? Oh but actually they're not working with Venky's according to Philip's inside informant - The Daily Mail. A TOTALLY uncertain future? As opposed to what? A guarunteed future under the trust? And the rest is just pure guesswork. These points emphasise exactly what is wrong with some of the critics of this bid - Their reasons for concern apply to ANY football takeover. If you're opposed to this one due to the above reasons well then we may as well not get taken over at all.

And no im not saying that I'd happily get taken over by any crook, but the argument made against Venky's amounts to worthless speculation. Syed Ali had twice the of doubt surrounding him and yet the same posters who are running aroud trying to scare people now were championing him from the off.

Sam leaves the office.

If you remove the Kentaro aspect that's most likely exactly what would happen, they'd work together.

But we can't can we. With them involved as heavily as it appears they are, its a distinct possibility.

And just as agent smith discovered, Mr Anderson is a persistent bugger.

If Kentaro did not represent players I'd be far less worried, but they do and they are heavily involved. And as phiilipl has stated it represents a serious conflict of interests.

Building a strong team in the premiership is a hard enough job when you are all working together, let alone when your not.

When the club gets sold if the supposed rumours about changes at the top occur, I'll start building the extension to my house.

Go back to beginning of Octovber and Nicko cracked his first headless chicken joke about another group running around trying to put a bid together.

That was also at the same time another post from another source said somebody had approached a rights agency.

That was when Venkys met Kentaro.

Nobody is arguing that there is no conflict of interest. Plenty of people are saying they hope that things work out OK- so do I.

But the track record of Jerome Anderson makes extremely grim reading for football club management.

OR IT COULD HAPPEN LIKE THIS

Sam leaves the office.

Sam: I've NOT looked at him before - THOUGHT HE WOULD BE OUT OF OUR RANGE - HE'LL BE BRILLIANT FOR US.

Player B then goes on to score 30 goals a season, wins us a trophy and get's us into the Champions League.

I like my guesses.

Thinking about it I can see there is value added but, as Phillipl says, a conflict of interest if Kentaro are going to have siginificant influence over club management:-

Mutual interest between BRFC and Kentaro -

1) Top talent brought to play well for us to sell on for a profit

2) Combined football knowledge and scouting network

3) Stay in Premier Legue vital to attract talent and boost values of players

4) Boost media revenue benficial to both BRFC and Kentaro

Conflicting interest between BRFC and Kentaro

1) Players beneficial to remain at BRFC to improve league position could be viewed as better for Kentaro to sell to relise profit.

2) Kentaro will need to be paid. This will come out of BRFCs pocket one way or another.

3) Kentaro will always be looking to boost slice of revenue generated by BRFC, as any company would. Presumably this will influence politics at the club, with Kentaro pushing management candidates who will support their model.

4) Kentaro will want to see players that they see as saleable pushed into the first team for exposure for sale, even if they are not neccesarily backed by the manager (for example if they wanted to sell on Hoilett - not saying they would, just an example - who is not playing that well, they could place pressure for him to start to give exposure despite lack of form)

Therefore you could get a situation where it is actually in Kentaro's interest to keep us as a mid ranking club selling on players to maintain their own profits. Success built on maintaining the playing staff and building a team is not a priority for them. Player turnover will be. This makes things a little bizarre as it places pressures on the club in addition to standard football prioirties (ie. trying to be solvent and work your way up the league).

For it to work in everyone's favour we would need to be a highly successful conveyor belt which is a great idea, but requires spinning more plates than we do currently. I share others on this boards concerns.

Ultimately if Kentaro are just 'consultants' that's fine as long as their fees are manageable. But if they are politically involved in the management of the club it does create a pretty complicated balancing act where Kentaro's company objectives do not exactly match up to Rover's own footballing ones.

4) Kentaro will want to see players that they see as saleable pushed into the first team for exposure for sale, even if they are not neccesarily backed by the manager (for example if they wanted to sell on Hoilett - not saying they would, just an example - who is not playing that well, they could place pressure for him to start to give exposure despite lack of form)

Why would they want to give exposure to a player 'who is not playing that well'?

To help a possible buyer negotiate the price down:lol:

The same people getting so concerned over this bid were the ones who were screaming for Syed Ali to purchase Rovers a month ago. That is what discredits their argument. So few people on here know anything of any substance regarding this takeover that its stupid to speculate.

What a ridiculous statement.

Could it be that some folks care about what happens to the club more than you?

You come across as someone so desperate for a buyer you would have anyone. I'm not saying that's true but if you want to reduce things to such a simple level then so be it.

Syed was too good to be true but then so was Jack Walker. Some of us were excited by the prospects of him taking over but now obviously something is amiss.

Anyone who thinks the Kentaro association isn't without huge risks is hugely deluded. It may work, it may not but you can't blame people for having concerns. It could potentially cause a lot of problems as have been highlighted. If anyone thinks the majority of football managers will be delegated to by football agents about who is on our playing staff then you need sectioning. Can you imagine SA with his ego being told he must have a certain player or can't have a player because they are represented by someone else? And rightly so, is it fair to tell a cowboy how to suck eggs? It may never come to that but even the suggestion that it might, is a huge concern. Look at Dennis Wise at Newcastle, and he's been directly involved in the game.

And if you really believe that "anyone who has concerns is part of a conspiracy" you should really consider joining the cult of David Icke as it may also interest you that Earth is ran by lizards. It's our club, some of us care about it and have bothered to take note of other clubs that have suffered due to new owners believing they can reinvent the wheel. You may be amazed to find that it's not just Philip and BPL who are concerned about the Kentaro links. There is a lot of unrest amongst fans who actually go through the turnstiles you may be interested to know. Now either Philip and BPL are able to forge a Derren Brown level of subliminal suggestion or it could be that, just maybe, some of us are independently thinking the same thing.

I think as a paying supporter I have a right to voice concerns, whether you believe everything is rosy or not, and regardless of the fact we can't do anything about it.

Interesting that nobody is counter arguing my points that there are massive conflicts of interest over all aspects of the playing staff.

Nobody is counter arguing that Rovers will not be seeing the financial benefit of all this.

That's because most of us have ignored your speculation dressed up as fact postings for years.

You don't know anything as to the nature of their arrangement and neither do I, so why have a debate based on complete ignorance?

Just face the fact that our exemplary owners, your beloved trust, are going ahead with this deal.

Personally, I haven't trusted the trust for years. At various stages I was assured by you and your acolytes that

1) the trust would never turn off the 3 million annual tap (tap turned off)

2) if we were in the bottom 3 at Xmas they would dig deep for another Andy Cole (no Andy Cole mkII)

3) they would only sell to a billionaire (selling to a chicken farmer)

4) they would never 'do a Glazier' and sanction the selling of players to pay down debt. (Benni money used to pay down bank overdraft)

So I find it ironic that I now trust the thrust to have looked deeply into this and you don't

What a ridiculous statement.

Could it be that some folks care about what happens to the club more than you?

You come across as someone so desperate for a buyer you would have anyone. I'm not saying that's true but if you want to reduce things to such a simple level then so be it.

Syed was too good to be true but then so was Jack Walker. Some of us were excited by the prospects of him taking over but now obviously something is amiss.

Anyone who thinks the Kentaro association isn't without huge risks is hugely deluded. It may work, it may not but you can't blame people for having concerns. It could potentially cause a lot of problems as have been highlighted. If anyone thinks the majority of football managers will be delegated to by football agents about who is on our playing staff then you need sectioning. Can you imagine SA with his ego being told he must have a certain player or can't have a player because they are represented by someone else? And rightly so, is it fair to tell a cowboy how to suck eggs? It may never come to that but even the suggestion that it might, is a huge concern. Look at Dennis Wise at Newcastle, and he's been directly involved in the game.

And if you really believe that "anyone who has concerns is part of a conspiracy" you should really consider joining the cult of David Icke as it may also interest you that Earth is ran by lizards. It's our club, some of us care about it and have bothered to take note of other clubs that have suffered due to new owners believing they can reinvent the wheel. You may be amazed to find that it's not just Philip and BPL who are concerned about the Kentaro links. There is a lot of unrest amongst fans who actually go through the turnstiles you may be interested to know. Now either Philip and BPL are able to forge a Derren Brown level of subliminal suggestion or it could be that, just maybe, some of us are independently thinking the same thing.

I think as a paying supporter I have a right to voice concerns, whether you believe everything is rosy or not, and regardless of the fact we can't do anything about it.

Fantastic post.

Go back to beginning of Octovber and Nicko cracked his first headless chicken joke about another group running around trying to put a bid together.

That was also at the same time another post from another source said somebody had approached a rights agency.

That was when Venkys met Kentaro.

Nobody is arguing that there is no conflict of interest. Plenty of people are saying they hope that things work out OK- so do I.

But the track record of Jerome Anderson makes extremely grim reading for football club management.

Only if Venky's allow themselves to be pushed about by Kentaro could there be conflict of interest. It appears that Venky will be the ones with the money. If they are smart enough they would keep JW on and be in close contact with the manager (whoever that is) Venky's would want Rovers to be a success, after all that is what will bring good advertisment in India etc - a failing club / team would bring the opposite. I do not think Kentaro would be able to have any influence over Rovers without Venky's allowing it. At the end of the day Venky's who are supplying the money could tell Kentaro to go. It is not a joint purchase of Rovers. Kentaro could just be helping in the publicity sence, after all maximum publicity / advertisement appears to be Venky's motive in buying Rovers.

I can certainly see why some are looking forward to Kentaro's involvement, personally the idea makes me slightly fearful.

To me, it spells danger signs all over it and clearly Venky's know very little about football therefore will be relying mostly on their "advisers" for advice/guidance. Feel very uneasy about the whole situation, lot of unanswered questions at the moment, we can only hope it works out positively....

Thinking about it, Sven could be a good shout for next manager if the takeover goes through.

Sven? The same manager that turned us down at the eleventh hour for another job? Are you kidding?

Archived