BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers vs Tottenham Hotspur preview

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He prefers to surround himself with friends LeC.

That tells us a lot about him.

To be fair, Den, he didn't even know Jensen. And they hardly parted on the best of terms.

Also, while he's worked with Clement, you can't question the guy's credentials. You don't work at Chelsea for 17 years for nothing.

I'd say Kean probably has a good idea of what to look for in a coach, having spent most of his career as one. Doesn't change the fact he's a **** manager.

Also, while he's worked with Clement, you can't question the guy's credentials.

Sure you can. They might have had a tea lady there for 17 years, doesn't mean she can be the assistant manager.

You say 17 years, but most of that was at youth level. He only started working with the reserve team in 2008. He was promoted under Ancelotti, so he's only been working with the first team for a few years. Even then he was only an an assistant first team coach. That's quite a few levels below an assistant manager - he wasn't even a full first team coach.

I'd have no problem with him coming in as a coach, but he's been promoted to a job at a level he's never been anywhere near.

Most of the top managers these days try and delegate a lot of work during the week to their staff.

Sparky liked to keep his distance during training sessions and Sam was similar too.

I get the impression Kean is quite hands on and probably, due to his coaching days at the club, is also quite pally with a lot of the players.

Imperative to have top quality backroom staff in order to be successful.

They've all been wheeled out to wax lyrical about Kean etc ie Olsson, Nzonzi, Yak, Nelsen etc. My advice, put a sock in it and do your talking on the pitch.

As for the match, no Dunn again - great work if you can get it, isn't it ?

I just don't think we will be able to handle Bale, Lennon, Modric, Adebayor, VDV etc.

Can see us scoring once, maybe even twice but keeping Spurs to less than 4 will be a bridge too far I feel.

It will be good to see Big Brad gracing the Ewood turf once again. Anybody know if the goalkeepers playing in opposition against each other for their former teams has even happened before in the Premier League era? Pretty sure Robbo must have lined up for Spurs against us whilst we still had Brad.

Just sing for 90 minutes the usual coyb, we love you rovers, player songs etc, but punctuate every song with "we want kean out"

Best of both worlds, supporting the team yet letting kean know in no uncertain terms that whilst we are backing the team/players - we want him gone.

We are at the stage in the season now when we need to put together performances for the full 90 minutes and get points on the board,' added Kean.

Oh....the stage of the season where we should try and win eh?! :angry2:

"IT'S NOT A MUST WIN GAME" STEVE KEAN ON SSN, WHAT IS THEN?

Why bother playing at all then kean you clown - if the game isn't a must win. Surely every game is a must win from the point of view that we must win it in order to put points on the board.

Maybe the powers that be will have a win 3 points get 3 free sale that will help us rise like the proverbial phoenix to win the league this season.

Words cannot describe how much of an imbecile, idiot, chancer, disaster, deluded fool, and clown I think he is.

It isn't must win game, what a load of tripe.!!!!!! Last week it was all bring on the London clubs, what, so we can lose or grind out a bore draw, because apparently we don't have to try too hard to win. Because it isn't a must win and therefore don't have to or need to win. Absolute shyyyytttte.

By way of comparison......

It isn't a must that I service the wife tonight but she will be a biatch if I don't. It isn't a must that I buy her flowers for her birthday but I do for a quiet life.

How about winning the game for the fans - you know Mr Kean, it's about time some c u next tuesday started showing us some respect. Our voices will not be subdued, our concerns will not be ignored, our opinions will not be laughed off.and we won't tolerate blatant lies.

Our time will come, one day you will be gone from our club - we will always be here.

Nice preview and a good read.

Every credit to Mr Levy for open responses.

For me I see nothing but a Rovers defeat and it could be a heavy one. It depends on who scores first. Now spuds have lost Crouch it elaves the door open for a player I would have loved to see at Ewood, Jermaine Defoe. He is a quality player.

The midfield battle is a no joke area, Modric and whoever will easily dominate the Rovers central pairing.

I see Rovers adopting the usual 4-5-1 no idea formation with Roberts plowing the ruts and rolling the pitch. There are going to be soem heated scenes at Ewood this Sunday.

3-0 Spurs I am sorry to say. The end of any hope Rovers have for a Premiership future.

KEAN OUT

If this is the case I may just change channels, I can't stand watching when Roberts plays. I think the end of our Premiership future is a bit premature but I see us losing this about 4-1 AND someone sent off

Just about to my £10 bet on Spurs for tomorrow, I did it last week on QPR and we got a draw, so, working on the 'lucky underpants' theory, gonna do it again. So, if we get a result, it's down to me, ok! :D

Just about to my £10 bet on Spurs for tomorrow, I did it last week on QPR and we got a draw, so, working on the 'lucky underpants' theory, gonna do it again. So, if we get a result, it's down to me, ok! :D

And for any doubters, just put a couple of quid on Wolves when they were 1-0 down, and da daa - within 2 minutes they are 2-0 down. :wacko:

Just been looking at the respective midfields in todays Guardian- Rovers are predicted to go with -Hoilett, Petrovic, Nzonzi, Pedersen. ( they have Ollsen on the bench ???? ). Spurs have Van Der Vaart, Parker, Modric, Bale. I reckon the could afford to play with 10 and leave Van Der Vaart out and they'd still boss midfield. I just can't summon up any optimism, I'll just go for a walk at 2.00 and see what the story is when I get back about 5.00. At least they can't ruin my Saturday this week.

PS Just like every week they have Grella coming back next week from a different injury than he had last week. This guy is in a league of his own when it comes to injuries, no one in my 50 years following the club even comes near.

Archived