BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New midfielder in January ?

We all agree that a new midfielder is needed in the January transfer window. IF Berg have something to spend I dont know, but I though it would be fun to come up with some names on players who are realistic (out of favour, possible loan, lower league etc).

Ill start with a name:

Anthony Annan: Is on loan at Osasuna in La Liga, but has only featured 6 times this season. The question is whether he will be on loan for the whole year or they will end the loan spell in January. Might be a possibility and would be a terrier which we need in midfield. Also think Championship will suit him.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good shout. I remember him being key to the Ghana side that did well in the world cup (prior to Suarez being Suarez...)

His stock seems to have dropped though, he was being touted by some big clubs a couple of years ago. Would he play in the Championship?

Joey Barton, its a no-brainer for me, if he wants to return to England in January then he is 100% the kind of player we need in midfield and did a great job in this league for Newcastle.

Although i think we desperately need a very experienced(both in age and playing at in this league)centre back equally as much as a centre midfield engine room General type of player.

Joey Barton, its a no-brainer for me, if he wants to return to England in January then he is 100% the kind of player we need in midfield and did a great job in this league for Newcastle.

Except he doesn't want to return to England...

Surely whoever we get needs to be an aggressive player to win the ball. To me a leader in the middle of the park is what we are missing.

Agree. Although i wouldn't be fussed what position he plays, We are desperately lacking somebody to lead by example. This side is bursting with primadonna's it is crying out for somebody to bang a few heads together. IMO it's a hangover from the Kean days. The players that refrained from turning on him only did so because he told them how good they were. When, in fact they are for the most part utter bobbins.

Joey Barton, hes a no-brainer for me,

Corrected ;)

I think he'd be a good shout but can't see it. Someone mentioned Powell, he has looked good any time I've seen him and can't see him getting much game time at Utd this season. Could Berg swing it with his Utd connections?

Corrected ;)

I think he'd be a good shout but can't see it. Someone mentioned Powell, he has looked good any time I've seen him and can't see him getting much game time at Utd this season. Could Berg swing it with his Utd connections?

Id imagine he could get paid more if not equal to what he's currently getting if he came here, the French league isn't that good(I think the weather and lifestyle are the biggest attractions), but yea it is very unlikely(definitely worth an attempt though).

By my calculations, Grella cost us the best part of £10m in his four years at the club.

For which he barely completed a season's worth of apps - most of which he hobbled out of.

I'm amazed he even managed that, tbqh!

Barton as a footballer is exactly what we need.

He'd also demand high standards of those around him and would be a star in the Championship.

We are the kind if club - nowadays - who, in order to get quality, have to put up with the baggage players sometimes bring. If it weren't for his off the field problems he'd be at a top club.

All that said, I can't see him coming.

Archived